“Good Indian in El Paso”

India Palace
Ranked #555 of 1,533 Restaurants in El Paso
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Nashville, Tennessee
“Good Indian in El Paso”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

My husband and I were pleased by the lunch buffet experience we had today at Indian Palace. His only complaint was "there was no butter chicken" when referring to the buffet (it is his favorite). I overheard a man tell the manager "your food is not too oily, or too spicy or too salty like other Indian restaurant's we have been to" and we agree! The food was cooked perfectly and seasoned nicely. Each dish had its own taste, sometimes on Indian buffet's all the dishes are seasoned the exact same. We were pleasantly surprised by how much we enjoyed our lunch here and we will definitely be back.

• Visited February 2013

VA
“If you're not in a hurry this is the place for you.”
Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

We waited almost an hour with empty drink glasses for our food to be served. It was particularly galling that patrons who came in after us were enjoying their meals while we slowly perished from dehydration. At 55 minutes my wife and I decided we had enough and walked to the kitchen entrance. We had planned on paying for the beer I had ordered and leaving when someone said the food would be right out. We went back to our table where they finally filled our water glasses without us asking and brought two plates out. As I finish this our order was finally served at 59 minutes. I gave the food a terrible rating because by this time it is only going to taste like a bitter disappointment in my mouth no matter how good it is.

“Loved it!”
Reviewed February 28, 2012

I've only been to a few Indian restaurants but I really loved this one. I'm not big on spicy foods but my husband loves them. The menu here doesn't show any kind of scale for spiciness, but a quick chat with our server taught us that the spiciness of most dishes is variable upon request. We were very pleased and I ordered a mild version of one of their dishes and he ordered extra hot. Unfortunately, they got the dishes mixed up so I ended up with the extra hot dish and we had to switch. We both liked our food once we'd switched and the Naan bread was the best I've ever had! It came to us hot out of the oven and with a bit of oil brushed lightly across the top. I really considered ordering more to take home. We look forward to our next visit and hope they don't mix up our order this time.

Mississippi
“Do not eat here if you are looking for a positive food experience”
Reviewed December 28, 2011

The food was not good at all. The nan tasted like a thick flour tortilla. It was not authentic and they didn't even bother using oil or parsley like other places. The chicken tikka was OK but it needed more spice to it because I couldn't taste the spices. The aloo gobi was a southern variety so it was not the creamy consistency and taste of northern Indian cuisine. I think overall if you like the Southern Indian cuisine then this place is for you but if you prefer the Northern method of preparation then don't even bother going here. We ordered 2 entrees and they only gave us rice for 1 person. They charged us full price for each meal but they didn't give us the rice we needed. Will not be back.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank TXnatives
harsha104
“good food but costly”
Reviewed November 28, 2010

very good food ! last time we went 5 people we paid $170 ! you have to have good income!
but i recommend go & test really indian food ! this is only good & expensive indian restaurant el paso !