“Not Great”

Ranked #59 of 81 Hotels in El Paso
Olympia, WA
“Not Great”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

No recognition of elite status rewards member, two towels everyday despite 4 family members in suite, horrible breakfast with burned omelette and burned ham with nobody refilling breakfast items when needed, keys were improperly coded.

Staff was nice if you could find them. Housekeeping good other than towel issue, beds were comfy..

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5034, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
I am so sorry you did not have a good experience with us, we missed mentioning your elite status,we always insure there are enough towels in the rooms, we do have extras available to the guests, you are welcome to call the desk, and we can always take to your room.
We have made sure you are getting your rewards points to your account.
as for the breakfast, we do have experienced staff that takes care of the morning breakfast, we are sorry to hear that you had a burned item. we are having our morning staff double check to make sure, that all breakfast is acceptable and delicious just as we advertise.
thanks for taking the time to make things better for your next visit.

Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Turkish first
Houma
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I really enjoyed my two night stay at this hotel. The staff was very nice and helpful. I needed help finding a nearby church and the Assistant General Manager took her time to make sure that I had the correct name of the church and went on to get me directions. I was given a room near the elevator and asked if any other rooms were available and she checked until she found a room I was pleased with. The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast area was clean and the food was good. Check it out when you are in El Paso.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stay in many Comfort Suits and I give this one a 3.5 out of 5. It's very quite and clean. Friendly staff as well. This is an older hotel as evidence of popcorn ceilings and has the normal wear and tear. I can over look a few minor cosmetic things because let's face it I stayed in a $75 a night hotel as opposed to a $150 a night hotel. I would defiantly stay here again and that's saying a lot because I can stay anywhere I want. I'm all about value, cleanliness, friendliness of staff and over all appearance. Lots of places to eat and a mall very close by. Hotel staff reading this don't feel bad I only gave you a 3.5. In the near future I would just get real aggressive on your mantaince program and this wil be a great hotel for years to come. Thank you for reading and happy travels.

• Stayed May 2013
Aberdeen, North Carolina
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Pro

Stayed 1 night traveling on route 10 to Dallas.
Rooms were spacious and clean. Good comfortable furniture.

TV channels were varied good selection.

Con Pool was a milky color and reception did not know if the pool reair had fied it or noot. Apparently she didn't want to call anyone and find out. As she had just come back from vacation.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
San Diego, California
Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

My family and I stayed there for four nights and would say the hotel is below average, the breakfast is above average, and the location is alright. If you are a light sleeper make sure you don't get a room on the back side 50 ft from the I-10. Upon arrival to our room it was evident no one checked to see if there was enough pillows and blankets for the number of people in the room. Attention to detail. The exercise room you see in the picture is adequate for a workout, but don't expect a towel. As for the pool, all I have to say is "please clean it". The dirty side tiles make the pool look as though it has't been cleaned in quite some time. I would post a picture, but am sure that after this review it will be taken care of. I am not sure any staff members looked in the pool area as a towel remained in the pool area for three days without being picked up. Overall, you cannot beat the price and the hotel staff were more than happy to help.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Very nice flat screen. Bed has been upgraded and very nice. Slept really well. Very friendly staff. Clean room. Breakfast just needed a little more variety. Right off of the highwy and lots of places to eat nearby. Just wish they would go back to US Today's instead of the Wall Street Journel. Would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Bob A
Heidi P, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Hello Bob:

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to inform you that we are switching to USA Today newspaper in the coming weeks and we hope to serve you again soon.

Safe Travels!
Julesburg, Colorado
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Overnight stay. Nice rooms, FREE internet. Above average breakfast. Got it on Priceline for about 1/2 - 2/3 the website price. Just off the interstate.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Heidi P, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We hope to serve you again soon.

Safe Travels!