“Just Ok”

Travelodge EL Paso West
Ranked #69 of 81 Hotels in El Paso

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Chihuahua, Mexico
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Making a long story short I had to move from Studio Plus to the Travel Lodge Hotel, it was like being moved from heaven to hell!! At the time I arrived at Studio Plus I asked if possible to be installed in a 2 beds rooms (I had reserved 3 rooms and understand the policy of upgrade rooms depend of availability and might incurring in extra charges) Studio Plus front desk's Guy made his best and could find a room with 2 beds, another with one king size bed and a sofa and the third one was a regular 1 king size bed but even if he have not found anyone I could be happy because I could noticed his intention to satisfy my request, let me clarify that I stayed at Studio plus from Friday to Monday then I had to moved to Travelodge, when I made the same request to the Travelodge front desk's lady she was rude with the answer and her first words were that I will have to pay extra charges, so I received 3 rooms with one queen bed. Although We were able to accommodate in the 3 rooms since I was traveling with my wife and 2 young kids, my sister and her 2 young kids and my parents (2 adults) I can not avoid to compare the 2 kind of service sense. Later my sister requested a room with microwave and freeze but she said that it will also requires extra charges, the worst part is that I can tell you that Hotel was almost empty (I wonder why!!) and I can see a lot of rooms with 2 beds and/or microwave empty. Honestly I will not use "Made your own price" at Priceline again because of the risk of "win"??!! my staying at Travelodge

Room Tip: Try to check in when the front lady with glasses and a big nose is not there!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
tulsa, OK
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Everyting you need and at a very acceptable price. Friendly staff. Quiet and senic sorroundings. Close to restraunts and shopping. Easy access from highways as possible in El Paso. If we eveer go back to El Paso again we WILL overnight here.

Room Tip: AAA discount accepted here
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Really was surprised at this property, especially after reading the reviews that people have written. Yes, this is an older property, but did not find the room or any accoutrements to be worn. As far as the cleanliness and operability of all in room appliances, no problems at all! I found the desk staff and room staff to be extremy accommodating. Certainly worth the money! The property could probably spruce up their outdoor areas, the guests, especially those traveling with pets were not very considerate to their fellow travelers. I had to ask two women walking their dogs, to clean up after the dogs did their business, and I was just another guest. Although adequate trash receptacles are located throughout the property, the guests don't use them. Well, Sylvia, Zack and Haylee the desk staff I encountered were very friendly and helpful to an out of towner! The breakfast was fine, it is what it is, surprised to see all the negative comments about especially watching the families glom on to it and fill their pockets and purses! Well, I was there four nights and if in El Paso again will certainly stay at this motel again!

Room Tip: Get a room with as little afternoon sun exposure this is the desert and the rooms heat up fast!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

First room not cleaned- trash not emptied, used towels, trash on dresser, used pillow. After contacting desk, second room 90 degrees+ and took 2+ hours to cool down. Clean, but skimpy on towels. No thrills, but seems family friendly with small pool/hot tub.

• Stayed July 2012
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Make your reservation online. We stopped here and called from the parking lot. Price quoted was $42.99 for 1 Queen Bed and although a bottom floor was requested, we were told it would probably not be available. The price seemed reasonable, so we pulled up to the entrance, the desk attendant saw 2 adults and our dog. All of a sudden, the rate changed to $47.99, then we were quoted another $10 for the dog (which they saw in our car). Now that the dog was factored in, all of a sudden a bottom floor room became available. I didn't really appreciate the service and will most likely find somewhere else to stay if passing through El Paso again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family