“Great motel and a great price!”

Extended Stay America - El Paso - Airport
Ranked #20 of 81 Hotels in El Paso
Reviewed November 30, 2011

Very clean and quiet rooms plus I paid $40 a night with Priceline. I am out of town on per diem and don't need an overpriced motel to take all of it away from me and this motel fit the bill. The rooms were nice and the front counter staff was extremely cool. Might not be the place for you if your last name is Rockafeller but for the average working Joe this place was awesome and I would not hesitate to take my family here. Thanks and I will be back!!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank mike m
There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - El Paso - Airport

Reviewed January 2, 2011

First we had called 6 days before arriving here and reserved our room. We arrived at 330pm on the day of check in only to find that they dont have our room ready and wont until the next day at 230pm. I had just droven 25 hrs with my husband and 2 young kids. They ended up giving us 2 sepret rooms with king size beds. That was ok but not good enough. My first night here in el paso and I could not share it with my husband. We I started to fix dinner I found that the trash had not been empited in the room they had given us and something was moldey in there. The TV was so small you cound see it from the bed and even if you could it was so fuzzy all you could see up close were dots. I went to get on the internet to right a revies just to find that i had to walk to the lobby and wait for a goot 20 min in line for a code that only works in one room so I had to go back the next day to get another code for our room that we reserved in the first place. Yes they took 5 dollor off a night. But moving accross the country and having to spend the first night away from my husband and one kids was not worth the 10 bucjs I saved. To top it off when the maid was cleaning the other room she waled by our room 6 time looking is on us as she waled by each time. I had to shut the curtens and keep the sunlight out just 1to keep her from peeping on us.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 20, 2010

First off, I am not that picky about hotels. I will be fine in a clean Motel 8 or 6 or whatever number is attached to the name. This place, however, really sucked. I spent the extra $5 for an upgraded "signature suite" and what a dissapointment. The room had a low-level but persistant smell of smoke and dog. I am a dog-lover but the combo of the two smells was nauseating. And this was supposedly a non-smoking room. The facilities were also in disrepair: the sink leaked despite liberal use of caulk everywhere, the main door wouldn't latch without slamming it, furniture was chipped & grungy. There was also pet hair left on the chairs. Worst part was some of the other occupants - loud thumping bass sounds from both rooms and cars outside, loud yelling, slamming doors (so they would latch?). It felt like I was staying in an inner-city block apartment. Now I understand the reputation of ESA.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed August 22, 2009

My flight was delayed, and I did not arrive until 8:42 PM. Their shuttle service only ran until 4:30PM. Once management, heard of my situation.... He personally picked me up from the airport! The rooms were a little on the older side (ie. no flat screen T.V.'s.) But you get what you pay for... The full sized fridge made my three week stay so much better. The staff was amazing!!!! Great location. Overall it was a very good stay.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 22, 2008

I booked this place because the hotel's website looked promising, it had a full kitchen, and when we called to talk to the manager she seemed so nice and professional. A few days before my colleague and I left for the trip, we looked the place up on TripAdvisor and read the awful reviews. However, we had already had a box shipped to the hotel, so we figured we would keep the reservation and check the place out.

What a mistake that was. This place is HORRIBLE!!! All of the rooms open to the outside, which wouldn't be so bad if the location wasn't so shady at night, AND if the walls were thick, which they are not. I can't count the number of times I woke up in the middle of the night to the sound of a loud motor pulling up to the parking lot and obnoxious, drunk people STEPS from my door. Plus, the window was broken and not secured, which could have made the outside room easy to break into.

When we checked in, the staff was probably some of the most unprofessional people I've seen in a long time. The clerk was wearing a ratty Winnie the Poo t-shirt and I don't even remember her wearing a name-tag. Her supervisor kept coming in and out of the office, and she had a REALLY bad attitude. When we were checking in, we asked about the rate (they gave us a higher one than we had been quoted over the phone) and the supervisor got all huffy and said, "well, you ARE getting the business suite, so you don't have to pay for internet and you get a gym membership!" However, when we asked about the gym membership, the front desk conveniently couldn't find any.
Don't be fooled by the "low rates" you see on the hotel's website. What the hotel does is offer you a "low rate" but will then nickel and dime you for everything--$10 a day if you want your room cleaned, $15 a day for internet access, plus fees for the gym--all amenities that you will find included in the cost of other hotels at a better deal.

All of this might have been forgiveable if the rooms were even half-way decent, which they weren't. I walked in, and the carpet was FILTHY, all of the furniture was old and looked like it'd been sitting at a thrift store for a while, and the room was just dirty--the appliances were not clean, the bathroom looked like it had not received a thorough cleaning in months, none of the cabinets and drawers opened or shut properly, and there was no shampoo or dishwashing liquid. To make matters worse, the fumes in the room were enough to probably kill a small animal. I don't know what kind of chemical agents house-keeping uses in the rooms, but it will give you a HEADACHE. Plus, although management assured us the whole floor was non-smoking, anybody sensitive to smoke would walk in the rooms and know this was not the case. My eyes itched and watered like I had been hanging out in a bar.

To make a long story short, we spent ONE horrible night there and checked out 4 nights earlier than expected, which the front desk was not too happy about since they had to reverse the charges on the credit card since it's the hotel's policy to bill you for your entire stay on the first night. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!! There are too many other decent options in El Paso.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Foodie26
Reviewed October 13, 2008

The Staff at Extended StayAmerica in El Paso, Texas (Airport) was excellent. I did not have any issues during my stay. I stayed for 30 days. My room was always taken care of, plus the laundry room was always clean.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed June 23, 2008

I would not stay here again at all. They clean your room once weekly and if you ask it to be cleaned on any additional day or ask for fresh towels you are charged a fee of $5. The carpets are disgusting, I never once walked around my room without flip-flops on. The staff has more of a care free attitude then they seem helpful.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family