“best kept secret” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #52 of 81 Hotels in El Paso
Torreon, Mexico
“best kept secret”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

the location is great right off I-10 near sunland park mall and lots of shopping.......we love the pillow top beds and the courteous staff........ask luis the manager for the santos de la laguna special!!! we stay here ever time we cross the border at santa teresa.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the backside of hotel away from the highway.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Luis_Cordero, General Manager at Sleep Inn University, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Hello 77Mockmotorspit,

I'm very glad that you enjoy our beds in every trip, be confident that we are here to offer you the best possible stay everytime..We will see you on your next trip, Go Santos!!!!!!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Bosque Farms, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

Kudos to this place! Not only have they worked with our personal reservations, but they have handled our business reservations with the most professional and courteous support we could ever hope for. Clean rooms, hot coffee, upgrades, courteous staff and top management make the Sleep Inn University in El Paso the clear choice!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hello Sena2,

As always it is a great pleasure to serve such wonderful guests as yourself, we are proudly committed to our guest satisfaction making every stay the best possible experience!!!
Flint, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

Courteous staff, comfortable & quiet room. Easy on & off of US10. I selected this location based on previous reviews, some of which were not that long ago. If you are wanting a place where you or your spouse wants to take a hot bath, this is not the place. No bath tubs in any of the rooms. Internet service worked very well.
Facility could use a facelift on the inside particularly. Carpeting in our room is very tired and the hallway carpeting needs a good cleaning to help it out. The sink in our room had cracks in it and certainly needed replacement. Call coverings had tears in them. Breakfast area is on the tight side.
OK stay for the price.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Ghostrider46,

Please accept my apologies for not fullfilling your expectations completely, we definetely take our guest's feedback very seriously, I'm very excited to announce you that we will be going through a renovation in the near future, hopefully you can visit us to see the changes.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

I want to yell out to everyone about this great hotel the service here is incredibly awesome, they know how to treat travelers and i love that. The beds are so comfy and enjoyed the indoor pool and jacuzzi I recommend this hotel to everyone an thank you so much for training your staff so well Mr. Luis

• Stayed June 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Luis_Cordero, General Manager at Sleep Inn University, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Hello Hirene72,
I'm extremely delighted that your stay with us was a great experience, we pride ourselves for our hospitality and service, it's our ultimate goal to make every guest's stay memorable.
Thanks again for your great feedback.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

We enjoyed our stay and plan to stay at Sleep Inn next time we are in town. Everyone was courteous to us, and the indoor pool has very convenient hours. It opens early enough for an early swim on the day we check out. Really quiet even though the freeway is very near. We always get a good night's sleep.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hello M O,
I'm glad that you were able to enjoy our facilities, we are very please that you are choosing to stay with us the next time that you visit El Paso, hopefully we will see you soon, thanks again for choosing us.
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

When I arrived at the SLEEP INN on January 15th 2013, i thought i would be a good trip, but ended as one of the worst days of my life. LUIS, the Manager checked me in andI pulled my DL and Debit card and gave it to him at 0932 am. I went to the room it was not best room, but i was going to be there for two days. so it was not big a deal i thought. i will be going back to Dallas in few days, so i stayed. At 630pm, i needed something to eat. i started looking for my wallet and could not find it. I went downstirs and Immediately the manager, Luis saw me he said "Here is your Wallet" when i opened the Wallet, every dime in my wallet was gone. This man who calls himself "a manager" knows my room does not have the common sense to call me to come pick up my wallet. They took a total of $780.00 in cash. i am graduate student at UTEP i needed some of the money for books and taxi. Then, I called 911 and found out that the this so called sleep Inn has zero security. NO Cameras and the manager, Luis knows it. He asked " How can you prove that you have this much money in your Wallet"? Even when the police came nothing was done. I was very sad and cried , but my tears and grief was not just for the money. if someone had killed me in this dung called Sleep Inn nothing could have been done as well. I moved out the same night and they had the guts to charge me for one night. I thank God I am alive. Please this DUNG has ZERO CAMERAS STAY AWAY. I LOST MONEY BUT IT COULD BEEN LIFE.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank charity e
Luis_Cordero, General Manager at Sleep Inn University, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Charity E,

The management of this hotel takes the safety and security of our guests very seriously. We have numerous policies and procedures in place for that specific purpose and I regret that 911 provided you with information that was not accurate. Please know that this matter will be fully investigated and the appropriate actions taken based upon that investigation.

Warm Regards,

Travelers are raving about these El Paso hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed at the Sleep Inn University over the Christmas holiday visiting family in El Paso (from Boulder,CO) and everything was perfect thanks to the GM. He is the best we've ever encountered (SO professional, friendly, and prompt in his service. The staff goes out of their way to please and they absolutely make a fabulous first impression on guests!) The rooms are clean, and very, very comfortable with great linens and FANTASTIC PILLOWS! Location is great too. This will be our "go to" place whenever we travel back to El Paso!

*Suggestion*
It would be phenomenal for management to limit the use of the "Waffle Maker" to "1" or "2" waffles per customer :)

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank ElPasoBoulder
Luis_Cordero, General Manager at Sleep Inn University, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Hello El PasoBoulder,
It was a great pleasure to serve you and your family, we pride ourselves of our hospitality, our ultimate goal is to make every guest stay memorable, we will see on your next trip!!!!!!