“DO NOT STAY HERE”

Ranked #32 of 82 Hotels in El Paso
El Paso, Texas
“DO NOT STAY HERE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

Please do not stay at this hotel. My 3 year old daughter found drug paraphernalia in the room and we did not get any discount. Also (not a big deal but... The stove fixtures are broken and the sliding closet mirror does not work. We asked for them to be fixed and they sent someone it still does not work.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - El Paso - West, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The situation you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at epw@extendedstay.com.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

Of all the places to stay in El Paso, this would definitely be the last option that you would choose. This 47-day stay in the hotel began when I found a large opening on the window frame, covered with packaging tape. I went the whole night with out sleep due to the cold air and traffic noise from the outside. A maintenance guy came in the next day to attempt to fix it, but the attempt was futile as the rubber sealing kept falling off. The maintenance guy had to come in again with new rubber sealing. I had to duct tape it against the wall to keep it in place. I asked to change rooms, but they said everything was booked, so I stayed only because I needed the Kitchen. The following night, I would wake up to hear a loud ticking noise from the refrigerator. The fridge, all along all of the other appliances and furniture looked dated and dirty. In fact, the whole hotel room is dirty. The maids did a poor job on cleaning the rooms. I asked one of them if they could try cleaning off what appeared to be mold in the corners of the tub. The Maid said that those were "permanent stains" that couldn't be removed because of the age of the hotel. So I went out to buy a mold cleaning solution after they had left and did the job myself. The service here is completely unsatisfactory. They never responded to my complaints about the cleanliness of the room and lack of kitchenware. The hotel clerks only check up on me by phone and never really do anything to make my stay any better. What is needed for this place is strict supervision on the workers so that they will do their jobs better and not slack off. Newer furniture and kitchen utensils are needed as well, especially after there were two incidents from other rooms in which a fire nearly broke out due to the poor cooking ware that is used in the hotel. Overall, unless you are staying long and need a kitchen, don't stay there. The only reason I stayed was because my son was still in school and we were preparing to move out of El Paso.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - El Paso - West, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described regarding the opening on the window frame and housekeeping issue is truly regrettable. We are very sorry. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, my team has fixed the window frame and conducts daily meetings with the housekeeping staff. Room inspection procedures have been reviewed with all staff members as well. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. I hope that you will contact me directly, at epw@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town. Thanks again.
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Staying at this hotel was the absolute worst experience of my life. We got in a few hours early around noon and asked if we could check in early. The man at the front desk apologized and said there was not a room ready and he took down my phone number and said he would call when the room was ready. That is fine as they do not owe us anything, but to be able to check in at 3 PM as promised, but one would think in 3 hours a staff could get a single room together to please a customer. We went to lunch for about an hour and still no call. I pulled in to their parking lot, set my phone's alarm for 3 PM and went to sleep. I awoke to my alarm and still no call. I went in and was told my room was still not ready and had to wait until 3:30 before they had a room ready. I was travelling with myself and my fiance to visit my 2 children who live in the area and they only had rooms with one bed, but said they had a couch with a pull out bed. If this was not bad enough I was told that they did not have any maid service that weekend, but if I wanted clean sheets or towels to bring them down to get them replaced. I have never heard of such a thing and I have stayed in some pretty low class places. I got to the room and it was filthy. Dust was everywhere. I attempted to contact Orbitz to try to get out of this mess, but they were having extended hold times due to a storm in the northeast and was unable to get a hold of anyone after 45 minutes on hold. I had to go get my children at this point as it was approaching evening. My fiance stayed behind and I noticed there were no blankets, pillows, and only a sheet for the pull out bed on the couch. On my way out I requested these items, they did not have any (which makes me wonder about the earlier statement about bringing dirty sheets down for clean ones), so the man at the counter said he would have someone bring them to the room. When I returned they only left a single pillow with my fiance and nothing more. I was tired and a bit angry so I decided to take a seat on the bed for a second. As I did this the other half of the bed moved up toward the ceiling like I was on a see-saw. I went down to the front desk again and let them know the bed was broke. They assigned me another room on the floor below, so we had to pack our things that my fiance unpacked while I was picking up the kids. I was not happy about this, but I guess the upside was we were able to take the pillows and sheet from the bed in the old room to the new room to ensure my kids had something to sleep on. It was getting late at this time and I had plans for the kids and us that night so it was either cancel my plans for my kids or attempt to sit on hold with orbitz again. I guess I was stuck with this terrible motel because I don't like breaking promises to my children. We came back and slept that night and everything was normal. As we left the next morning I bumped in to the door frame of our front door and ruined a perfectly good sweater, as they decided to paint the door frames of our room while it was occupied and not let us know. The next morning as we were trying to pack our things and leave, the man was actually painting the door frames. He did not have much intention of getting out of the way either until he was done which I found very rude. I told the lady at the front desk about the issues as I checked out and she apologized, but too little too late. The area is nice close to the Sunland Mall and I guess if you really need a full kitchen you might like this place, but I would seriously recommend some place else. I have stayed at many places all over El Paso while visiting my kids and this one was the worst. Not only was it the worst, but you can find better places to stay for half the price. Steer clear of this place by all means.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DannyKFresh
vguerke, Manager at Extended Stay America - El Paso - West, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
I received a copy of your review and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that the room wasn't quite ready at 3pm. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am going to try to contact future reservations to insure arrival times . I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at epw@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

My stay was great the staff is friendly and go out of their way to make you feel welcome. They are good about woking with you and your needs and all around are just a great group of people. The rooms are a good size with nice kitchen use. My husband and I stayed there for 5 months and really had no problems while we were there I would recommend it for the price you get a good stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - El Paso - West, responded to this review, March 5, 2013

New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

I was on the travelocity website and as soon as I clicked the tab for booking, the price went up 25%. I needed the room and booked it; but it sure leaves a sour taste. If you book here, expect a up price flip.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ajjaramillo
bbrauss, Manager at Extended Stay America - El Paso - West, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Chihuahua, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed at Studio Plus from Friday to Monday last Dec 2012, but for a special reason I had to moved to Travelodge. It was like being moved from Heaven to Hell!!! I am an easy person to satisfy but comparing the treatment received between Studio Plus and Travelodge I could not do anymore than write this review. Guy at front desk in Studio Plus (sorry by not remembering your name) did a great job acommodating my family (wife, 2 kids,sister and her 2 kids and my parents) in 3 rooms with plenty of space for all of us. When I asked if I had to pay for the upgrade he told me that I do not have to do it. Beds were very comfortable and rooms very clean. As I said, I am a easy person but my father is not, he is so picky with cleaning on every Hotel, this time he did not complaint about this, as a matter of fact he told me that in the near future he will be staying at Studio Plus. Read my review for travelodge if you want to see what is a very poor service sense from a Hotel like Travelodge. From my side I will follow my father decision, and I will not use Name your own price at Priceline because of the risk to "win" my staying at Travelodge I will make my reservations directly at Studio Plus!

Room Tip: I used 3 rooms and all of them were in very nice conditions so I could said any room is good (no noi...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
bbrauss, Manager at Extended Stay America - El Paso - West, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. We know that this offering is compelling because of the continued compliments we receive from guests like you.

Slippery Rock, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

The staff is what made this place stand out versus it's competitors. I have nothing but great things to say about all of them. The pool is alittle small but thats my only complaint.

Room Tip: if your working up at white sands, its a slightly longer drive everyday but was well worth it versus...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank trickhater
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - El Paso - West, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again, regardless of the size of the pool. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other brand location.