“Travelocity and hotel: Bait and switch”

Extended Stay America - El Paso - West
Ranked #45 of 81 Hotels in El Paso
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I was on the travelocity website and as soon as I clicked the tab for booking, the price went up 25%. I needed the room and booked it; but it sure leaves a sour taste. If you book here, expect a up price flip.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ajjaramillo
bbrauss, Manager at Extended Stay America - El Paso - West, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed at Studio Plus from Friday to Monday last Dec 2012, but for a special reason I had to moved to Travelodge. It was like being moved from Heaven to Hell!!! I am an easy person to satisfy but comparing the treatment received between Studio Plus and Travelodge I could not do anymore than write this review. Guy at front desk in Studio Plus (sorry by not remembering your name) did a great job acommodating my family (wife, 2 kids,sister and her 2 kids and my parents) in 3 rooms with plenty of space for all of us. When I asked if I had to pay for the upgrade he told me that I do not have to do it. Beds were very comfortable and rooms very clean. As I said, I am a easy person but my father is not, he is so picky with cleaning on every Hotel, this time he did not complaint about this, as a matter of fact he told me that in the near future he will be staying at Studio Plus. Read my review for travelodge if you want to see what is a very poor service sense from a Hotel like Travelodge. From my side I will follow my father decision, and I will not use Name your own price at Priceline because of the risk to "win" my staying at Travelodge I will make my reservations directly at Studio Plus!

Room Tip: I used 3 rooms and all of them were in very nice conditions so I could said any room is good (no noi...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
bbrauss, Manager at Extended Stay America - El Paso - West, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. We know that this offering is compelling because of the continued compliments we receive from guests like you.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

The staff is what made this place stand out versus it's competitors. I have nothing but great things to say about all of them. The pool is alittle small but thats my only complaint.

Room Tip: if your working up at white sands, its a slightly longer drive everyday but was well worth it versus...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank trickhater
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - El Paso - West, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again, regardless of the size of the pool. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other brand location.

Reviewed June 8, 2011

Do NOT stay here!!!! We checked in, went to our room and checked right back out. The room smelled musty and moldy, the couch was filthy and torn -looked about 40 years old. Did check for bed bugs and did not find any, however I would have rather slept in the bathroom. The room as a whole was horrible. I rated the service as very good bc the guy gave us all our money back.

• Stayed: June 2011
2  Thank Strickak
Reviewed January 23, 2011

I am Very Happy with my Extended Stay at the Studio Plus Hotel In El Paso Tx. Because as I arrived the Saff treated me with respect, promtiness and very helpful maner,
the room was clean, and the room service during my stay was excellent.
the amenities are just perfect for long stays, all appliances worked and the constant care from the stuff attending any need and offers of help are outstanding.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 12, 2010

I wanted a hotel with a gym. Well, this one has with two bikes, a tredmill and a bo-flex type machine. I was NOT happy with the gym at all! So if this is important to you, find another place! One of the bikes was broken and I thought the tredmill was too. I went to the front desk to question them but they were closed. So I did my workout on the old stationary bike from 1940. :( Later on I find out that you need a special key to activate the tredmill, which you get from the front desk (what the heck is that about?!).
Besides that, the room was spacious and I like having a full kitchen. It was clean and quiet. No breakfast provided but laundry on-site. There is good wireless internet for a cost per day.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fishheath
Reviewed August 26, 2007

We stayed here for 6 nights, as the west side location was important to us. I found the room to be spacious, by regular hotel room standards, though the a.c., as noted by another reviewer is close to the bed. Still, the bed was comfortable and the a.c. was cold. The furnishings are rather spartan, and the colors of teal and burgundy are definitely 90's. There is a full size kitchen with a standard size refrigerator, apartment size stove, dishwasher, and microwave. There is a coin laundry downstairs, as well as an exercise room and an outdoor pool. The wifi was $4.99 for the duration of the stay, and worked perfectly. The room was immaculately clean. The Sunland Park Casino/Racetrack, as well as a large mall are within a mile.

I guess my only complaint would be that the room was not cleaned the day the desk person said it would be cleaned. In fact, in the entire 6 days, it was never cleaned. Also, the kitchen has the barest of utensils. Overall, though a real value.

Stayed: August 2007