“spacious rooms, renovations needed”

Chase Suite Hotel El Paso
Ranked #24 of 81 Hotels in El Paso
Reviewed February 4, 2011

I was on a business trip for almost 3 months. The setting of the Hotel is nice. Privacy is given since it is not the traditional hotel setting, one hallway and one room door after the other.
Renovations are needed. I had minor issues (peeling paint in the bath room). Some of my coworkers had major issues (wet carpet/ water leaks, ceiling coming down due to water leaks).
I like the spacious rooms which is awesome specially on a longer stay. Also, the light dinners which were severed where nice and the hot breakfast.
No fitness center but 2 good sized pools. They do allow pets but charge $10 a day which I think is overpriced = $300 a month.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed February 4, 2011

This place was not Child Friendly ! I was charged for a tolet bowl 100 dollars after the held 250 dollars out of my account without my knowledge they also locked Me and the Family out of our rooms after housekeeping told the we had a broken toliet bowl. i went to get new room keys was informed that our room was locked cause he room was a mess when housekeeping got there,We have 2 young childeren one that is 2 and the other who is 4.my little ones still drop food in floor and also spills drinks on occasion.I have been traveling for years with my family and never had a problem with housekeeping,Its not like we take our own cleaning supplies when we travel or a mop and broom.The top of the bowl was CRACKED before we got there and broke the rest of the was our first day it was a 1880 top and was replaced with an 1880 top was we charged so much for it does not make any since to us.Why wasnt it told about before we left that we were still going to get charged? OK i said my peace just before you stay at this Hotel please take pictures of your rooms before you but your stuff in could save you lots of Money!! i hope this message gets seen for you TRAVELERS!!!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank storerkelly
Reviewed November 17, 2010

Where do the horrors begin? I asked for a KING sized studio two weeks in advance and upon check in only handicapped rooms were available. Finally after “someone” was called 3 separate times, I got a regular room with a QUEEN size bed. Next is the best part, though; I was HORRIFIED when in the middle of my stay I noticed 2inch long roaches (plural) in my room (Bldg 7). I then had to throw away all my non-refrigerated food, and live in disgust the rest of the time. Additionally, after informing the manager than my room (Bldg 7) had roaches, all he did was comp me one days stay which really only made my company not have to pay one night. DO SOMETHING for my troubles, not just give my company one day comp, I’m the one who was stuck in this horrid place. Oh, speaking of food, if you are thinking the “managers reception” is for you, let me enlighten you. The free drinks and food are as follows: ONE community pitcher of non-descript beer and two open bottles of wine; the food was a third grade cafeteria line up with fish sticks an ketchup packets one night, Plain nachos with ghetto cheese whiz cheese another, the occasional salad and one night there was some mystery meatball-gravy-rice thing. As for the internet, that was worthless. I tried to download a simple program on my computer and the download time was listed at OVER 24 hours. I was VERY dissatisfied I will NEVER stay at this awful hotel again! Not to mention the day laborers lingering out in front of the lobby every morning looking to be picked up. How unprofessional. One day we even stepped outside to find two vans and three trucks of border patrol swarming the place. Were they on a business vacation too? Finally, The phone says $1.00 a minute for long distance. It should reflect the actual taxes up front. I realize looking back, that’s kind of a common sense thing, but it was just one of many things that sucked about my business trip. Oh, yeah, this was free for me, my company paid for it, and even FREE this was a repulsive disaster I would NEVER return to.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank businesstripgirl30
chasesuites6791, General Manager at Chase Suite Hotel El Paso, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2010

Dear guest,
I am sorry for the experience you had at our hotel. I can assure you that we have taken immediate action to rectify this situation. We value every single comment from our guests and we are committed to offer the best possible service. We support our troops and we look forward to having you as a guest again soon.

Reviewed November 1, 2010

The facility was fairly nice but deferred maintenance was a serious issue. We stayed two nights in a two bedroom unit with a loft. Upon arrival here are a few things that we found wrong: The water in one of the bathroom tubs would not shut off. The TV remote for one of the bedrooms was missing. The sofa sleeper was too long and did not allow the bedroom door to open fully. There was paint on the carpet in the loft.

Later we wanted to go swimming with our 9 month old grandson and the pool was open but not heated. The spa/jacuzzi was not heated either! BUMMER! Then our daughter went to give the baby a bath and the bathtub had not been cleaned and the finish on both tubs was cracked and peeling. In looking for a plug to use the kitchen sink to bathe the baby, she found an open box of condoms under the bathroom sink. Still found no plug for the sink so we had to improvise and use a towel. My husband found food left in the kitchen cabinets. There was plenty of hot water for all our showers, though. We left in the morning for our family time and when we returned late in the afternoon the loft bedroom had not been touched by the housekeeping staff including the bathroom. All the dirty linens were still there and no clean ones provided. They did clean the main floor. The hot breakfast was fairly good but the second morning there was potato salad right next the the scrambled eggs and bacon, WEIRD. The staff was friendly but obviously needs some training and better management.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 19, 2010

Best stay I had in a long time...relaxing was easy...pool right outside my door...beautiful day to take a dip in the jacuzzi..over-all my stay was memorable!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2010

Maybe it was because my company had booked this place, but I really have stayed in cheaper but better motels before. The pictures are welcoming, but most of the rooms are in need of repair. Good for 1 night.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 4, 2010

I have been traveling to El Paso for years, and have driven by the Chase Suites hundreds of times. I decided to check them out with my last visit, and it is now my place to stay. Love the spacious rooms, and the reasonable price. They also do a nice job with the breakfast and evening meal.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business