“The worst Mousaka I have ever eaten”
Review of Casa Pizza - CLOSED

Casa Pizza
Cuisines: Spanish
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Service was a bit slow. The restaurant smelled VERY good...the pizza cooking in the oven(?). I ordered the mousaka. I made sure it was fresh, as many times restaurants make it but then freeze and reheat it and I do not like pastitsio or mousaka reheated as the nice fluffy béchamel sauce can end up flat and hard. I was assured it was made yesterday and was in the fridge, this should have meant it would be good. What came to my table looked nothing like their picture of mousaka. It smelled awful, the topping was hard and overly brown, it tasted burnt, the potato's tastes as if they came from a can, I have nothing positive to say about it. The Greek salad that came before the meal had too much salad dressing and the lettuce was wilted and brown in spots. The waitress noticed that I was not eating much and did ask me if it was ok. Above the door is a sign that reads something along the lines of "If you like your meal, tell your friends, if you do not, tell us" so I was honest and told her I did not like it and why. She was very kind and offered all sorts of replacements as she sincerely wanted to make things right. I did not have time for another meal but did accept a piece of baklava to go. The baklava was tasty. I MIGHT come and try the pizza as something sure did smell good, but will not order a meal here again. Even after a cup of coffee and the baklava all I can taste is burnt in my mouth.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I was taken here to this restaurant by my girlfriend's recommendation and I was definitely impressed by the quality of food. It has a great concept with fusing Italian and Greek dishes together on one menu. The food was freshly made and the service was fantastic. I'm a very big critic when it comes to Mediterranean foods; they're my favorite dishes. The Greek Platter that I ordered was made with fresh greens drizzled with fresh virgin olive oil. You'll immediately taste the difference. The Gyro was the best I've tried at any restaurant. It was deliciously seasoned and grilled and served with handmade Pita bread. You won't leave this place feeling hungry or unsatisfied. The Pizza was freshly made and was definitely worth the visit alone. A great Mom and Pop restaurant that I'll definitely be visiting again.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Fresh dough, fresh ingredients and a few things on the menu but done the right way.. Love the hearty portions and the small prices you will definitely will not leave hungry from here.. The Tyropita is the best I have had period. I even liked it better than the spanakopita. The Musaka is excellent and so are the gyros and the pizza. The dessert options are OK but not great. But all in all it is a must if you are hungry for some fresh Greek/ Italian flare. They cater, have takeout/ delivery and you can call your order ahead for dine-in.

Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

eat here when ever i am in the area. service seems slow,but well worth the wait. almost everything is prepared fresh.

Reviewed June 1, 2012

Everything is great about this place. I have been eating there for years! The antipasto salad with house dressing is magnificent and the Greek plate is succulent. The lasagna is divine, the subs are stuffed and no comparison to anywhere else I've tried! Everything thing taste's great and freshly made! The original owner, George sold the business to one of his faithful employees yet the tradition continues!