“Really neat place close to university”

Crave Kitchen and Bar
Ranked #5 of 1,578 Restaurants in El Paso
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed February 23, 2013

This was amazing place to eat- very small close to the University of El Paso! WE had great service0 they have breakfast, lunch and dinner. I found it on Trip Advisor.There was a group of college kids celebrating birthdays and they were fun!
If you are in El Paso- GO!!!!!!

Reviewed February 23, 2013

I had the privilege of having dinner at Crave. I enjoyed my fish sandwich and side of sweet potatoe fries with a yummy dipping sauce. Our waiter was very nice and helpful. I will definitely try to eat at Crave when I'm back In The El Paso area. Such a nice change from a big chain resturant.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Well, I found this place on Trip Advisor; after looking for high rated places under various cuisines. I went there (East El Paso location) today (FEB 17, 2013) around brunch time 10:15 and had hankering for their chicken and waffles. Now, I must say everyone was friendly and customer oriented, which honestly is surprising considering the staff seemed to be in their 20's. Not once did I see the staff checking their Iphone at / near the bar, etc... With my meal came 2 sides (Hash Browns and Pepper Bacon), which I thought were better than the main course. Now, the chicken and waffles were good; however, I was expecting crispy fried chicken (kind of like Popeye's. Calm down food snobs!!, there's nothing wrong with Popeye's!!). Sadly, the batter easily came off the chicken as I cut into it. Not a show stopper. I would definitely like to come back and try more dishes. Overall, El Paso needs mroe unique places like Crave. To the management / staff.. don't lose sight of quality, rather than quantity, which is easy to do when you have a good and popular product / service. However, remember if the food and service is good... flash and decor doesn't matter.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Just completed dinner at Crave and can't rave about it enough. I arrived around 6:00 pm and the crowd was full of young, trendy people. As dinner progressed the diners included repeat guests ranging in age from 5 to 85. I particularly enjoyed the fab 70 something couple tweeting with their smart phones. The food was the freshest I have ever eaten in El Paso. I had the tomato bisque soup and grilled fish sandwich. Both were delicious but the grilled fish was served on a soft, fresh roll with tomatoes that actually tasted like a fresh picked tomato. The sauce on the sandwich was delicious, the greens were super crisp and the hint of lemon was the perfect pairing. Dinner with a glass of delicious Malbec was the best meal I have ever had in my 18 months visiting El Paso. My only regret.....I didn't have room for desert.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

This funky restaurant and bar offers very interesting breakfast options. Two of us had a chorizo pancake and a hay stack (eggs, sausage, bacon and hash browns). The bacon was to die for, the coffee not so. The restaurant is very small (seating for about 25) so customers are often waiting. The wait is worthwhile. Though we didn't indulge for breakfast, the bar has an awesome selection.