“Now named Rocket Twenty-One”
Review of Ferneau - CLOSED

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Walnut
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Had an odd lunch there with friends. Ordered apple-goat cheese salad with shrimp. Portion very small. No bread or crackers offered. Left hungry. Friend's blackened chicken sandwich was dry - no mayo or spread on the bread at all. Our helpful server was apparently told to leave midway through serving us due to "labor costs." Second guy was brusque and we felt run off.

There are newer reviews for Ferneau

Reviewed April 15, 2013

This used to be our favorite "date" restaurant. For over a decade my husband and I would get a sitter once a week or so and we'd find ourselves at Ferneau more often than not. They were bought out about a year ago and while the food is still good, the atmosphere and folks have changed. It used to be a quaint, slightly uptown, local restaurant with a great bar (killer martinis), excellent wine and great neighborhood feel. Now it seems like it's lost it's charm, the food is still the same, but the crowd and feel of the place have changed... There's a chain feel to it and there's nothing about a chain I like....

Reviewed March 30, 2013

This is the best restaurant in Little Rock. The food is wonderful and the atmosphere is cozy and comfortable. Not stuffy or formal, but the food will make you think you are in New York.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

We chose Rocket Twenty-One aka Ferneau as a dinner date spot and wasn't disappointed. We made our reservation on opentable.com although that wouldn't have been necessary as plenty of tables were available on the Friday night that we were there. The bar was packed and looked like a fun place to be. The decor and setting were casual. There were large groups there, possibly from after work, couples and ladies there eating together so it was a great mix of people. Not too loud and as we were leaving (around 9pm) a live band was gearing up to start playing in the bar. Too bad we missed that!

For starters we shared a crab cake off the appetizer menu. It was delicious and we know our crab cakes! A great start, just the right amount to get us ready for our meal. We each had a ceasar salad as well. The dressing was a little watery/runny and I probably would skip this the next time we go just because it wasn't anything out of the ordinary. The husband chose the special of the night which was steak and a side. He said the steak was seasoned well and cooked to perfection. Again, a huge compliment from my man who has been eating steak for years! I had the shrimp and grits which I found recommended on another site. It did NOT disappoint!! The sauce was amazing, grits to die for and it'll be hard for me to return there and not get that same dish. I was so happy with my meal! I have also heard that their fried chicken is to die for. My husband said that's what he wants to try next. For dessert we had their double chocolate cheesecake and it took us about 2 seconds to polish it off. Soooo yummy! Yes, we ordered a lot of food but did not order adult drinks. We chose to eat our calories instead of drink them. As a side note, their unsweet tea was amazing and had a great taste to it. The coffee was not enjoyable, tasted old possibly burnt and just of lackluster quality.

Our waiter was young and friendly. Not too over the top but very attentive. Our bill was around $110. It was a great night and we will return there soon.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Food was good but for the price, there are better places and much better ambiance. Service was mediocre at best. I enjoy fine dining but this is one place I will not be returning to.