“Overated”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed November 13, 2012

website said this was the best in Little Rock - ate at the NLR location, so it must be a chain. At the best it was OK. Pulled Pork Plate was tasty but skimpy, same with the BBQ Salad. No onions, pickles, peppers to put on your plate??? Bread was store bought.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Food was really good and the staff was very friendly. The sweet tea was awesome. They have 6 sauces to choose from which is nice. I've eaten here twice and the food has been fantastic both times and the price isn't bad.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I were heading east on Rt.40 on our way home from a cross country trip. It had been a long hard day of driving and my husband said "when you see a place that you want to stop let me know." We were starving, tired and trying to avoid chain retaurants. We saw the "Whole Hog" from the highway and are so happy we stopped. We shared the large sample platter of all of the restaurant offerings. It was delicious and plentyful. I usually skip potato salad but I am happy that I did not skip this time because the potato salad was the best I have ever had in a restaurant. What a fortunate find. Do not miss the "Whole Hog". It was wonderful

Reviewed October 31, 2012

On a recent trip to Texas from West Virginia, my husband and I stayed in Little Rock to rest up. We read reviews online about the Whole Hog Cafe prior to stopping and knew we had to go here for dinner. We were definitely not disappointed!! The pulled pork was the most delicious pork we have ever eaten and the potato salad was amazing! If we are ever in Little Rock again, we will definitely be sure to stop in again! For those of you thinking about going here.....you WILL NOT be disappointed!!

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Ambience = none. It's a large 2-room place with lots of tables and booths, nothing special, in a strip mall. The menu has typical barbecue joint food and sides. Ordered the beef brisket/pulled pork combo plate with 2 sides - potato salad and brownie. Both meats were outstanding, large piles of both, liked the pulled pork a little better. They were lean and flavorful, and on each table was a rack with several types of sauce that could be added to the meat; sauce no. 1-6 and volcano - my favorite was no. 3. The potato salad was outstanding - very creamy, no overpowering onion flavor. The brownies are a great sweet way to end this meal - large and moist. Slight ding for the dinner roll - commercial bakery type, bland and nothing special, not worth the carbs. Would definitely eat here again if I return to Little Rock.