“Disappointed in Little Rock”

Extended Stay America - Little Rock - West Little Rock
Ranked #55 of 62 Hotels in Little Rock
Hot Springs, Arkansas
“Disappointed in Little Rock”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

You do get what you pay for, but I was put here by my company. Guests should be aware that the hotel is not completely non-smoking. I was in a non smoking room on a floor with smoking on the other side of the hall! It drifted into my room often. My room had burn holes all over the carpet, so it must have been a smoking room at one time. My heat did not work, and asked for it tobe fixed, but it never was. Luckily I lived close enough to bring a small heater from home back with me the next weekend! The linens were clean and my room was cleaned very nicely after I asked them to clean it. It was very quiet, which is wonderful in a place like this. The people that worked here were nice and as accomadating as they could be. I had no pots or pans the first day I checked in. I was given the one pot that was available to the desk help. Also my coffee pot did not work the first morning, I asked for a new one and was told that there wasn't one! Another resident had brought his own pot from home and gave me his from his room. He had over heard the coffee pot situation! I had no phone in my room which I thought was a way to cut costs....also no alarm clock! I found out later that these items should have been in the room :/
Also, my room had no recliner or chair other than two wood straight back dining chairs. I have stayed in extended stay hotels across the country and this place was nothing compared to these other Extended Stays. Most have been clean, well keeped, updated, etc. Also, my key quit working numerous times. As a single female, this was a stressor because there was nobody in the office at certain times of the day. Just be aware of what you get for your money! Like I said the office help was pleasant, friendly, and as helpful as they could be.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This place is $50/night. You get what you pay for. It is mostly clean. It is mostly quiet. They give basic service but they don't go out of their way. Linens are decent, beds are OK (very firm). This isn't 5 star and doesn't pretend to be. If you need a place on a budget with little in the way of extras then it is fine.

Full kitchen but don't expect much in the way of cookware. Daily free breakfast is oatmeal, granola bars, coffee and fruit (apples and oranges). TV with basic cable plus a couple of movie channels. Lots of restaurants within a short drive.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
El Dorado, Arkansas
Reviewed October 23, 2012

This was the worst place I have ever stayed in and I travel alot. I should have kept going after seeing the broken down cars and the rif-raf hanging in the parking lot. When I got there I had to wait while the night clerk played around and visited with some guy...must have been a "friendship thing" going on. Finally he gets up and allows me to enter the office, we finally get checked in and head to the elevator and I SWEAR there was a drug deal hand off that happen right in front of me and my daughters. I grab them and we turn to head to the stairs, as we get to the top and start down the hallway-- there is a couple cussing and fighting and that went on most of the evening. We stayed locked in the room afraid to move. I tried to call down to the office twice and nobody ever picked up the phone. We were dressed and out of there by 7 am next morning. I tried again to get into the office to discuss with the day clerk, but the woman that had been fighting and cussing was in there so I could not discuss with the clerk. Apparently these people not only rent the hotel rooms THEY LIVE THERE! I asked the clerk to step outside the office and told her what had happen and she could have cared less. Next stop Little Rock Police Dept!! DO NOT STAY HERE!

Room Tip: tip is---keep driving down the road to a Holiday Inn!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank S S
mzubair, Manager at Extended Stay America - Little Rock - West Little Rock, responded to this review, November 28, 2012

Travelers are raving about these Little Rock hotels

El Dorado, Arkansas
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Room Tip: the tip is--keep driving. For the same price, go to Holiday Inn!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Shreveport, Louisiana
Reviewed July 25, 2012

This is undoubtedly one of the nastiest hotels I have ever been in. I checked in and quickly checked out after viewing my room. The halls were filthy, littered with trash. Doors and walls had dirty smears, wallpaper was peeling off the walls. The bed mattress was sunken and the couch was sagging. The couch and chair in my room were covered with pet hair. The couch and bedspread had cigarette holes burned in them. There was a mouse in the hallway by the overflowing trash can.
On the positive size, the check in clerk was very nice. "Front desk" was actually a desk in a room. Not professional in the least.
I have never never been in a national chain that qualified as a "fleabag"!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Michael C, Manager at Extended Stay America - Little Rock - West Little Rock, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Studio Plus Little Rock - West. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Jonesboro,Arkansas
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stayed during July 4th- 7th week. This was our second stay (first time was over 6mos ago) and our last. The overall cleanliness of the hotel was crappy. I paid for non-smoking room but the whole hotel reeked of cig. smoke! In our room the door's safety latch was broken (screws were stripped out), stains were in the bedspread (on the underside-white side): a green one, a yellow one and a red one, stains on the floor, sofa, and chairs. The elevator needed sweeping and wiping down (the stainless steel doors were filthy). On one night during my stay I called the front desk to exchange towels and I got their answering service who said the front desk clerk had left and would not return for 15 mins. I went straight down there after I hung up (as I was leaving anyway), and she was sitting there on her butt talking to some guy. When I confronted her about getting the answering service she replied that she was out on the floor helping customers. I told here that I was only wanting to exchange my towels for clean ones and she said I could do it when I returned. When I returned I reminded her about the towels, she scratched her scalp, and as she dug the mud from underneath her fingernails (she had braids), she looked at me and told me that she didn't have any clean towels and that i can bring her my dirty towels so she can wash them. Look people I understand that you get what you pay for but d@mn! At least they should be able to keep the place neat and provide clean towels. I did not complain any. I just will not go back.

Room Tip: go somewhere else and spend a few extra.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
I recently received a copy of your review of the Studio Plus Little Rock - West. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Firstly, this hotel doesn't have the typical "front desk" you see in most hotels, instead they have an office. When we got to the hotel, this office was locked and we had to use a phone in the hallway to call one of the employees to check us in. After we waited several minutes for the employee to check us in, we found that our room had NO TOWELS, NO PILLOWCASES, AND NO ICE TRAYS. We had to call the employee to bring us fresh towels and pillowcases. We didn't worry about the ice trays because we figured we can fill up our cooler with ice from the ice machine at the end of the hallway. But the following morning we realized this hotel does not have ice machines! The employee from the office told us that we are suppose to make our own ice from the ice trays in our freezer. She didn't know what to say when we told her our room didn't have ice trays. I have to add this hotel didn't provide any pots and pans, dishes, and silverware. What's the point of having a kitchen if no utensils are provided? Overall, I don't think this a a good hotel to stay. I've seen better hotels elsewhere for similar prices.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Little Rock - West Little Rock, responded to this review, July 18, 2012