“DO NOT STAY HERE!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #55 of 63 Hotels in Little Rock
El Dorado, Arkansas
“DO NOT STAY HERE!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

This was the worst place I have ever stayed in and I travel alot. I should have kept going after seeing the broken down cars and the rif-raf hanging in the parking lot. When I got there I had to wait while the night clerk played around and visited with some guy...must have been a "friendship thing" going on. Finally he gets up and allows me to enter the office, we finally get checked in and head to the elevator and I SWEAR there was a drug deal hand off that happen right in front of me and my daughters. I grab them and we turn to head to the stairs, as we get to the top and start down the hallway-- there is a couple cussing and fighting and that went on most of the evening. We stayed locked in the room afraid to move. I tried to call down to the office twice and nobody ever picked up the phone. We were dressed and out of there by 7 am next morning. I tried again to get into the office to discuss with the day clerk, but the woman that had been fighting and cussing was in there so I could not discuss with the clerk. Apparently these people not only rent the hotel rooms THEY LIVE THERE! I asked the clerk to step outside the office and told her what had happen and she could have cared less. Next stop Little Rock Police Dept!! DO NOT STAY HERE!

Room Tip: tip is---keep driving down the road to a Holiday Inn!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank S S
mzubair, Manager at Extended Stay America - Little Rock - West Little Rock, responded to this review, November 28, 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
El Dorado, Arkansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

Room Tip: the tip is--keep driving. For the same price, go to Holiday Inn!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Little Rock hotels

Shreveport, Louisiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

This is undoubtedly one of the nastiest hotels I have ever been in. I checked in and quickly checked out after viewing my room. The halls were filthy, littered with trash. Doors and walls had dirty smears, wallpaper was peeling off the walls. The bed mattress was sunken and the couch was sagging. The couch and chair in my room were covered with pet hair. The couch and bedspread had cigarette holes burned in them. There was a mouse in the hallway by the overflowing trash can.
On the positive size, the check in clerk was very nice. "Front desk" was actually a desk in a room. Not professional in the least.
I have never never been in a national chain that qualified as a "fleabag"!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Michael C, Manager at Extended Stay America - Little Rock - West Little Rock, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Studio Plus Little Rock - West. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Jonesboro,Arkansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stayed during July 4th- 7th week. This was our second stay (first time was over 6mos ago) and our last. The overall cleanliness of the hotel was crappy. I paid for non-smoking room but the whole hotel reeked of cig. smoke! In our room the door's safety latch was broken (screws were stripped out), stains were in the bedspread (on the underside-white side): a green one, a yellow one and a red one, stains on the floor, sofa, and chairs. The elevator needed sweeping and wiping down (the stainless steel doors were filthy). On one night during my stay I called the front desk to exchange towels and I got their answering service who said the front desk clerk had left and would not return for 15 mins. I went straight down there after I hung up (as I was leaving anyway), and she was sitting there on her butt talking to some guy. When I confronted her about getting the answering service she replied that she was out on the floor helping customers. I told here that I was only wanting to exchange my towels for clean ones and she said I could do it when I returned. When I returned I reminded her about the towels, she scratched her scalp, and as she dug the mud from underneath her fingernails (she had braids), she looked at me and told me that she didn't have any clean towels and that i can bring her my dirty towels so she can wash them. Look people I understand that you get what you pay for but d@mn! At least they should be able to keep the place neat and provide clean towels. I did not complain any. I just will not go back.

Room Tip: go somewhere else and spend a few extra.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
I recently received a copy of your review of the Studio Plus Little Rock - West. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

Firstly, this hotel doesn't have the typical "front desk" you see in most hotels, instead they have an office. When we got to the hotel, this office was locked and we had to use a phone in the hallway to call one of the employees to check us in. After we waited several minutes for the employee to check us in, we found that our room had NO TOWELS, NO PILLOWCASES, AND NO ICE TRAYS. We had to call the employee to bring us fresh towels and pillowcases. We didn't worry about the ice trays because we figured we can fill up our cooler with ice from the ice machine at the end of the hallway. But the following morning we realized this hotel does not have ice machines! The employee from the office told us that we are suppose to make our own ice from the ice trays in our freezer. She didn't know what to say when we told her our room didn't have ice trays. I have to add this hotel didn't provide any pots and pans, dishes, and silverware. What's the point of having a kitchen if no utensils are provided? Overall, I don't think this a a good hotel to stay. I've seen better hotels elsewhere for similar prices.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Little Rock - West Little Rock, responded to this review, July 18, 2012

Batesville, Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2012

My room wasn't ready for over an hour after check-in time. No hot water in shower. Decent rooms and price was right. Owner and housekeepers were nice. Although I didn't take a pet, I liked the pet-friendly atmosphere and met a couple of sweet dogs on my trip.

• Stayed April 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Studio Plus Little Rock - West. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although your overall experience was good but we truly sorry for the room not being ready and the hot water issue at check in. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice.
Herriman, Utah, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2012

I just thought you should know your facilities in Little Rock are attrocious! The entire experience was horrible. A group of my family was staying there and we had 3 rooms. My husband, kids and i arrived first. The first room we were given was awful and smelled terrible. There were huge blood, urine, and other stains on the pullout bed. We requested another room. This room smelled a bit better but was dirty, old, and run down. There were no sheets, blankets or pillows for my kids on the pullout. There was 1 towel and 1 washcloth for 4 people! We asked for more and was told when they had some clean ones we would get them. This didnt happen in 6 days!! We bought sheets and towels for our stay another unexpected cost. We wanted to leave immediatly but had pre-paid for the room online and could not get a refund fast enough to find another hotel. I was mortified when the rest of my family arrived and their rooms were just as horrible! The hallways are covered in horrible stains, smell or garbage and reek of marijuana. The noise at night is unbearable and I questioned our safety. The fan in the bathroom didnt work, making the room very hot if we showered. On New Years Day we were greeted with an enourmous pile of red vomit at our door that was not cleaned up until after 3pm and left another bad odor to smell. So now candles were purchased! I will never recommend anyone to your facilities ever or use an online booking site. The pictures on your site are a lie and a fraud!

Room Tip: Not here find another hotel in a safer, cleaner part of town
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family