“Two complaints.”

Ranked #15 of 63 Hotels in Little Rock
ATLANTA, United States
“Two complaints.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

Two complaints...Housekeeping knocked on the door at least 3 times a day to clean the room even though we told them that there was no need to clean the room because we were only going to be there a couple of days. On the second day, they knocked on the door at 8:12 in the morning...My other complaint is that I inquired about purchasing a Hilton bath robe at the hotel lobby..The people at the front desk said that they would find out what I needed to do, but never got back to me. I...like you...like people that do what they say they are going to do.

3 Thank Nancy R
Lucylittlerock, Director of Sales at Doubletree Hotel Little Rock, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel for your recent trip to Little Rock. We apologize that your stay was disrupted by our housekeeping staff knocking on your door. And that we did not follow up on your request to purchase a bath robe. I have shared your comments with our Rooms Division Manager who is over both of these department so we can address what area of additional training we need.

We appreciate your feedback and we hope you will give us another opportunity to provide you with the exceptional service you deserve.

Velva French
Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Omaha, NE, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

Stayed on 14th floor. Room was clean, quiet, comfortable, had view of river. Breakfast was OK - they had scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage, decent croissants, fresh fruit, cereal. Logging on to Internet was a bit slow, but service was OK once you get past log-on screen. The hotel honored the Federal government travel rate.

Cordova, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

I've stayed in this hotel before for a wedding that was being held in the adjacent Peabody (now Marriott) so was familiar with the location and setup. Knowing that parking can be a challenge in downtown LR, I was pleased to find a weekend getaway special online that provided a room for one night, breakfast certificate for 2 and parking included for a very nice price. I appreciated the walking distance to the River Market district although we ended up eating at the hotel twice (small dinner in the lounge, and our breakfast buffet in the restaurant the next morning).

Room Tip: If river views are available, it's worth any extra charge -- it's lovely!
Humble, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

I had stayed at this hotel numerous times on business and I wanted to return because I enjoyed the rooms on the riverside of the hotel. What I did not know is the changes that have been made on the North Little Rock side of the river. With the new ballpark these rooms have a spectacular view on game nights. The riverside developments on the Little Rock side seem to be struggling but it is still a walkable and interesting area to visit. By the way the rooms were excellent as well.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

Recently spent three nights at this hotel. The exterior and lobby are attractive and the rooms are reasonably appointed. There was no wait to register and I was able to access a room at about 10 am. Front desk employees were initially very friendly. There were no famous welcoming chocolate chip cookies and the electronic key machine was not working, I waited some 15 minutes, expecting an employee to lead me to my room and open the door, but then the key machine worked. Staff was very apologetic. The room had a great view of the river. Unfortunately, it had two double beds and at 6' 3" and some 240 pounds, I had requested a queen or a king bed. I immediately telephoned the front desk to ask for a room change and was told that all of the queen and king bed rooms were sold out for my entire stay. I expressed my disappointment and about ten minutes later I received a call and magically a "basic" king bed room would be available in a few hours. After explaining that I was fatigued from travel and did not want the inconvenience of unpacking, packing and moving, I declined their offer. After this, that "good customer service feeling" disappeared when I went to the front desk for questions. While the view was great, the wall paper in the bathroom was peeling and there was mold on the living room ceiling. Also, the toilet would not flush. Rather than experience the hassle of waiting for a maintenance person, I attached the broken chain to the handle and the repair was completed - for the time being. Water pressure, especially for the shower, was very good and the water was hot. I always diligently check my room exit door when I leave to ensure it is locked. One day, maid service left my room door ajar. Happily, everything seemed to be in order. The exercise room is accessible 24 hours per day. It is small. There are two elipticals, two treadmills and two bicycles and a series of free weights. If two people want to use the free weights, it becomes a safety hazard, due to limited space. There is a hotel shuttle (van) that can drive you to local attractions, shopping and the airport. The driver was great; he was personable and very customer service oriented. I ate at the breakfast buffet twice. It is reasonably priced. The food offerings are good and the quality is decent. However, there was no syrup for the pancakes and the sweet rolls were covered by a dark table cloth and I did not know they existed. The coffee is good. Unfortunately, on a couple of occasions I had to walk through a cloud of second hand smoke to enter the hotel. The elevators are slow. Parking is good as there is an underground garage. I like to walk and did not mind the 60 - 75 minute walk one way to the nearest Walgreens. I don't want to "dump" on this hotel because I like the Hilton product and want to continue with them. I really, really, really wish I had some of those Doubletree Chocolate Chip Cookies. Overall, it was a decent stay and I would return.

2 Thank rwb
Chicago, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

Friendly staff, quiet rooms. Love the water with fresh citrus in the lobby. Wish the beds were a little more plush and that there were air vents in the bathroom. HHonors floor was quiet. I got a bonus cookie at check-in which was nice. All staff members were incredibly friendly.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Bigelow, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

Our second stay at this location. Very clean! We had a water view and it was incredible. The staff on this particular visit was not quite as friendly as our first visit. Actually the check-in girl was quite rude. Overall the hotel itself was GREAT!