WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #16 of 62 Hotels in Little Rock
Washington, Missouri
“Awesome location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed here for the Fleetwood Mac Concert. $5.00 cab ride to the concert venue....the rest of the weekend, walking distance to everywhere I wanted to go!!!! Warm cookie upon arrival was wonderful. Parking was a pain, only one elevator worked all weekend and the hotel was full of prom teenagers for one of the nights.....enough said about that!!!!! Had a great time and will stay again!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank bhut32217

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Flower Mound, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

They remodeled hotel a few years ago, it needed it and is very nice again, you have over 4 world class hotels on this street, The Peabody just to name one, but I prefer the Hilton properties when available. Lobby very nice, rooms well appointed, bar area and lounge are all one. Always a lively crowd at the bar. Parking is easy, the best part is you can walk anywhere downtown from these hotels on the river, really my favorite hotel in Little Rock.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Jon U
Tulsa, Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

I have stayed at the Little Rock Doubletree for years. It just seems to get worse and worse. I'm generally not a negative reviewer, but this one will be negative. I stayed here a year ago and gave the place a 3, but my room did not smell like smoke that time.

Upon check-in I was upgraded to a suite on the 4th floor, and I thought I would amend my review of a year ago for the better. Instead, my room smelled like smoke. I thought it was me at first. I have not stayed in a hotel that had smoking rooms since the Clinton administration (as governor of Arkansas). Hey, I remember 20 years ago staying in dumps for business and the rooms smelled like smoke and you had to ask for new sheets because of the cigarette burns. I thought that was ancient history. The rooms at this "Doubletree" are either smoking rooms or were not remodeled after they were switched to non-smoking. Incredible.

The front desk folks were nice, and a highlight, unless they were the decision-makers for this "downgrade." Upon looking at the reviews, it appears as if others have complained about the 4th floor. If the front desk does not know that the 4th floor smells like smoke, then I blame the managment.

The restaurant was not good. I was trying to work and I ordered a soup and salad. The mushroom soup had a film on it like pudding. Wow. The bar was full, but the restaurant was empty. I think I understand why.

I am not a negative reviewer. I'm also not a complainer unless I am with family. I do, however, expect better than this from a Doubletree. The excellent reviews of this place confuse me. I am loyal to Hilton (a Diamond member), but I will look for a Hampton or Hilton Garden Inn rather than this Doubletree in the future.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank NEOKTraveler
Lucylittlerock, Director of Sales at Doubletree Hotel Little Rock, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I was glad to read from your review that you found out staff to be friendly. Our main concern is for all our guests to have an exceptional stay. I am sorry that you were inconvenienced by some issues. I truly apologize if your room smelled like smoke. Your feedback is incredibly important to us and we will definitely take your comments into consideration to improve our in-property experience.

Again, I apologize you went through any inconveniences and hope that you will consider staying with us the next time you are in town.
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

I've stayed at this property before and I would stay here again because the staff is so helpful and just plain nice! Every single one of them! Kali and Charlton were excellent at the front desk, and Mike was an excellent shuttler. My room was on the corner...huge and clean. Balcony needed a good cleaning, however. Sadly, for some reason, they allowed themselves to run out of coffee packets, substituting decaf instead. (Not an option.) the dining room was very good, service and food. Breakfast buffet excellent. Location perfect.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are typically larger.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank emgTX
United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

Your hotel was awesome. Compared to the Peabody or Marriott next door; your rooms were ten times better because it had more space, it looked more modern, and I love the big screen tv. Every employee we met along the way was nice and polite. The staff is very professional and you guys did a great job. Thanks.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Berryville, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

I stay here about 2 or3 times each year. They are always friendly and helpful with all sorts of suggestions from where are great places to eat to things to do. The shuttle will take you up to five miles away so that's handy as well. The rooms are always clean. I stayed this time in a king room over looking the river. Great view and very quiet. Great place to stay downtown.

1 Thank Dr Doug H
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

Along with some friends I recently stayed at this hotel on my travel between Nashville and Tulsa.
The front desk team are wonderful - in particular Losheila, who booked us in, gave directions/advice for eating + drinking ... and never stopped smiling. Great welcome. Rooms have views overlooking the river.
I accidentally left my wash bag in my room when checking out. The hotel team forwarded it to me in Tulsa (FedEx) without hesitation. Wonderful service
The hotel is well located, clean, friendly and well worth the cost

Room Tip: Ask for room with view (or balcony) overlooking the river
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple