“All I can say is FANTASTIC”

Doubletree Hotel Little Rock
Ranked #15 of 63 Hotels in Little Rock
Batesville, Arkansas
“All I can say is FANTASTIC”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

The Doubletree by Hilton Little Rock is FANTASTIC! We had a yearly meeting there and couldn't ask for better staff, better service, better food, or better experience. The quality of service isn's something you find every day. I personally appreciate the hospitality of the staff. Overall they get an A+ and we have already rebooked for next year.

1 Thank Charlotte B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Clinton, United States
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I could not have been more pleased. Check-in and check-out flowed smoothly, the staff was friendly and efficient, and the room was elegant and comfortable. My room on the 11th floor overlooked the Arkansas River--a spectacular view. The hotel is within easy walking distance of most downtown Little Rock destinations. Parking in the basement garage is easy and convenient.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank John B
Hot Springs, Arkansas
Reviewed April 23, 2013

My best friend and I only get the opportunity to meet up three to four times a year due to work relocation. When the opportunity becomes available, we choose to meet up in Little Rock and we always choose to stay at the Doubletree.

The first thing I like about the hotel is the parking. Sure, I have to pay for it, however it is in a secure parking deck with unlimited in and out privileges. Make sure you get your ticket or ticket(s) validated before you leave the property, otherwise the group that controls the parking deck will charge you each time you leave.

Check in on a Friday afternoon was a breeze. I arrived around 2:45pm and Lashaundra (I hope I have that name and spelling correct) was very accomodating. She had a warm smile and a great attitude while getting me checked into my room. In no time I was given my keys and of course the delicious chocolate chip cookie (with nuts- just a heads up for those of you with allergens). Unfortunately the cookie didn't make it up to my room as it was devoured in the elevator ride, but the hotel offers tins of cookies for sale through their restaurant.

When I arrived to my room and opened the door I saw exactly what I needed to see- a fresh, clean room. There were adequate bathroom supplies, the room was left at a comfortable temperature (sun was shining right in, but still felt comfortable) and the beds were made with care. If you have never slept in a Doubletree bed, you are missing out- they are very comfortable!

About an hour later when my friend had arrived, we decided to head down to the Plaza Grille & Bar for a few drinks. Our bartender was very efficient, offered us menus and made sure our drinks did not go dry. They offered Shock Top on tap which is what I chose to enjoy. My friend enjoyed a few gin and tonics while we traded jokes and chatted about current events.

If you are not in the mood or don't feel like walking around downtown, don't forget the hotel does offer shuttle service. I made it a point to look for the bellman that drove us around last time we visited the hotel back in August of 2012. I felt bad that visit because after picking us up for the third time that day, I had run out of cash to tip. I made it a point to make this up to him this visit. He was very gracious as well as very surprised that I remembered.

Though our stay was brief, it was very enjoyable. The cleanliness and comfort of the rooms as well as the cordialness displayed by the staff members are the reasons we keep coming back. Thank you for another great stay.

Room Tip: When booking a room online, there are sometimes "waitlist" upgrades available. For a minim...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

I came on line to do this review before I read the others here, and am really glad. I had a wonderful experience last week. I had a really bad flight ( blown tire on take-off) and arrived late. The desk staff were efficient and friendless, even offering a second cookie when we mentioned the flight. The room was large and comfortable and the bed/bedding wonderful. I did room service which was fast, accurate and delicious. The room service staff on the phone and for delivery were lovely. Every day when I walked by the front desk they spoke. I normally only rate vacation places, but this was a business trip that required me to speak up.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Lucylittlerock, Director of Sales at Doubletree Hotel Little Rock, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Let me begin by thanking you for choosing our hotel. We very much appreciate your business.

I was delighted to read from your review that your enjoyed your stay with us. I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your comments and we look forward to your return stay with us here at our hotel.
Denton, Texas
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I never write reviews on anything; however, my hotel experience was terrible! We were supposedly given a non-smoking room and it smelt like smoke so bad it made my eyes burn. They said for some reason the rooms on the fourth floor tend to smell like smoke! Their solution was to send housekeeping up with a can of Lysol. Our phone was broken as well. I have never had such a poor experience and will definitely think twice about staying in another double tree.

2 Thank Unhappy2304
Lucylittlerock, Director of Sales at Doubletree Hotel Little Rock, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share your feedback about your recent stay. We always appreciate hearing from out guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand that you were disappointed regarding some issues at our hotel. I very much regret for the inconvenient smell smoke you had during your stay. I can empathize with your discomfort and sincerely apologize for this. I am so sorry that you were inconvenienced by the noise thoughout our building. I thank you for bringing that to my attention so that I can follow-up with our security staff.

Again, I truly regret any inconveniences you went through and hope that you will give us another chance.
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Stayed 2 days on this trip. Had stayed the previous yr. for 3 days, 2 nights without a working a/c and lots of excuses. This time the only problem was check in. Nightmare!!! 1st night was paid for through my company, there were 4 rooms, it was confusion from the minute we got there. I had called 3 weeks prior and booked the next night for my husband and I. I was told the next day there was no extra night booked, even though I checked in the day before, and they were fully booked. I spent 5 hours not knowing if I had a room and had to cancel most of my plans. I was finally told I could stay in that room another night. I guess it was miraculously available. I wasn't offered any kind of compensation. Very disappointed. On the upside the rooms were very nice and the food at my conference was wonderful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Lucylittlerock, Director of Sales at Doubletree Hotel Little Rock, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
On behalf of the management and staff we'd like to thank you for your recent stay with us. We very much appriciate your business and thank you for selecting our hotel. At the same time we are disappointed to learn of your mixed feelings, as we always like to ensure that our guests feel cared for, valued and respected, which is our brand promise. Our guests' satisfaction is our main priority and I assure you that we will definitely take your comments into consideration so that we may find ways to improve our hotel.

Thank you again for your review and we do hope that we may welcome you again in the future.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed April 15, 2013

My fiance and I were there for a friends wedding that was being held at the hotel. The bride groom dropped a lot of money on this hotel. The wedding itself was wonderful yet during the reception the hotel allowed outside people to come into the reception and crash the wedding. Later that evening as the wedding party and guests were walking the bride and groom out to their car the wedding party was assualted was by several new hotel guests. A couple of people in the wedding party were hurt. The hotel did not provide any assistance in breaking up the fight and did not have any security outside to help us. To top it all off the hotel ended up giving those girls a free room even though they were the ones to physically assault the wedding party first. Overall if you want a relxing and enjoyable experience DO NOT pick this hotel but if you want to leave with a black eye and bloddy nose then this is the hotel for you.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Alexandra J
Lucylittlerock, Director of Sales at Doubletree Hotel Little Rock, responded to this review, April 18, 2013

Please accept my apologies for the concerns that you have raised in your review. I was both surprised and deeply disappointed by your recount of your experience with us. I assure you that it's contrary to what our customers typically see from us. However, I can very much empathize with your situation and assure you that we will take your comments into consideration to improve our property.

I apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I hope you give us another chance to serve you, if you travels bring you back to our area. Please know that we value your business and will work hard to earn your trust once again.