“great find, great quality with no hassle” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Doubletree Hotel Little Rock
Ranked #16 of 63 Hotels in Little Rock
Dallas, Texas
“great find, great quality with no hassle”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

I travel to Little Rock on business often and had my "set places" I would eat and stay but this last trip I didn't book in time and found myself looking for a new hotel. I've stayed at Doubletree's in other cities but never Little Rock. I was pleasantly surprised. Not only is the location in the heart of downtown in walking distance to everything down there, but I even ordered the room service since I got in so late and even that was better than I expected. I've often stayed at hotels where I rack up points but after this last business trip, I've opened up an account so i can start racking up points there. Staff, food, room, everything was pleasantly perfect.

Room Tip: My room had a view of downtown and was quiet, clean and high up. I would suggest asking for a highe...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Newburyport, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

My recent stay here for 2 days was like being in a highway budget motel. My non smoking room had numerous cigarette burns in the carpet, and the room smelled smoky with a deodorizer cover up. The room was extremely noisy, near a mechanical room of some type. The wastebaskets and ice bucket were dirty and the bath/shower had no slip protection and was not well cleaned. I am 61 years old and was exhausted from traveling, plus had much luggage. I did not want to begin the "change room" process. Following checkout my debit card was overcharged significantly. It took the general manager, accounting personnel, front desk personnel and my bank to clear up. This took 5 days. The hotel staff were extremely pleasant and professional and the in-room food service was excellent. Question: Do we need to view and inspect a Hilton hotel room before accepting? I learned my lesson,...YES inspect.

Room Tip: North rooms facing river. Rooms away from any mechanical operations and STRICTLY non smoking, if th...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Lucylittlerock, Director of Sales at Doubletree Hotel Little Rock, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I was delighted to read from your review that you enjoyed the restaurant in our property. Our main concern is for all our guests to have an exceptional stay. I am however sorry that you were inconvenienced by some issues. I truly apologize if your room smelled like smoke and if you found cigarette burns in the carpet. I am glad to announce that very soon we will be converting to a non-smoking facility. Your feedback is incredibly important to us and we will definitely take your comments into consideration to improve our in-property experience.

Again, I apologize you went through any inconveniences and hope that you will consider staying with us next time you are in town.
Northwestern, Arkansas, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

My husband and I booked our room a couple of months in advance. We were meeting up with friends to celebrate my birthday and our anniversary. My husband called a couple days in advance to make sure that we were all set and they said that everything was going to be perfect. My husband asked about early check-in and he was told that there was not going to be any. Ok, we thought no big deal. We had never stayed at this hotel and I guarantee you now that we never will again!!! We arrived at the hotel about 3:30 and had to wait in line for a long while before we could even get up to the desk. Our first sign to turn around and walk out the door shouldve been when we walked in and the lobby was full of restless patrons waiting patrons trying to actually get in their rooms. We said that we would give this place a chance. There were 3 receptionists there with one being the assistant manager. He could care less if he was there or not. The woman receptionist that was working the desk was getting flamed as there were several other patrons that were getting very frustrated. That shouldve been our second sign. The young boy that was there was trying to act like a professional but he was failing quite a bit. He informed us that we would be on the fourth floor with a balcony. Great (I am a smoker). He also informed us that our room was not ready as they were doing inspections to make sure the rooms were clean enough. Okay, that shouldn't be that big of a deal. He took down my husbands phone number and would call to let us know when we could get in our room. We parked our truck and sat outside for a little while. We then went to our friends room as it was hot outside. We waited until about 5:40 to call the front desk and were told that it would be about 6:00 before we could get into our room. We never did get the courtesy call that our room was going to be ready. We finally went down about 6:30 and was able to get into our room. We tried to be as pleasant as possible to the staff but our patience was wearing thin.
The rooms were decent. There was not a fridge or microwave in our room. Luckily, we didn't have any food that was going to spoil. The fresh, warm cookies left alot to be desired and caused me to have a belly ache.
The hotel staff was not pleasant at all. It took forever to get on an elevator. The hotel had so many things scheduled at once that it was crazy! There was a Swingers Convention, a Daughters of the American Revolution Convention and something else that I can't seem to remember right off hand. We even met a band member for a big band and the whole band was staying there over the weekend. That does not include all of the other patrons that were traveling and chose to stay there. There was just too many things going on at once for this hotel!!
I felt bad for all of the smokers that were not on the 4th floor. They were to keep the outside door unlocked for the smokers but didn't. They even locked the door while some people were outside smoking and patrons were hoppin the fences trying to get to the balcony so that people could let them back into the hotel.
1. This was very poor on the hotels planning.
2. The housekeepers were lazy! (By this, I mean: While we sat in the lobby for a few minutes, we literally seen a housekeeper go in a small room and get a bag of trash that literally had like 3 empty soda cans and some paper towels in it, she literally drug it across the walkway to the elevators. It weighed maybe like 8 ounces total! I did see the room inspecter and she was lolly gagging around with someone else. The housekeepers were usually just standing there.)
3. The receptionist desk was very unprofessional and rude to everyone that we seen go to the desk.
4. The elevators were hot and smelly.
5. This hotel is way over priced for the service that you get.
6. Really need to inform your patrons that you have feather pillows, my husband is severely allergic to them!!!
We stay at alot of hotels in our travels. We have even stayed very close to this hotel when we go to Little Rock for testing for my husbands job. This was a bigger and " nicer" hotel than what we usually stay in but as my husband puts it, we would rather stay in the roach hotels than this place ever again!!

Like I said earlier, we will make sure to never stay at this hotel again unless things change drastically!! Management needs to change and the whole hotel staff needs to take a few lessons from the roach hotels in politeness and planning.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!!!!! If you do, make sure that you get a balcony room if you smoke!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Amanda B
Lucylittlerock, Director of Sales at Doubletree Hotel Little Rock, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our experience for for guest. We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration.

Again, I thank you very much for your review and sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity and stay with us next time your're in town.
Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

I stayed here on business and enjoyed the hotels great location. It put me within walking distance of the local restaurants and downtown attractions.

The rooms were clean but you could tell they are showing a little wear from age.

Overall it is a good place if you need to be close to downtown. One negative is that the shuttle was really busy while I was there. Luckily the weather was pleasant enough for me to walk.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

I depend on TripAdvisor and saw some very bad reviews after scheduling two different stays on our way to and from Galveston, but both times were just fine. Room was spacious and clean. After driving through horrid weather, we decided to stay in and eat. My husband loved his seafood gumbo, and my chicken with olives, sundries tomatoes and artichokes was very good. Service was quick, efficient and very pleasant. I would stay and eat here again.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Little Rock, Arkansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

The assistant manager did not seem to care if the customer was getting what they wanted or not. He told us the room we requested was booked Friday night, but he would call our room later and let us know if it was available Saturday. He also told us he would have a refrigerator sent to our room and it was not sent. I called back down latter and a refrigerator was sent, but the asst. manager never put in the request, nor did he call to let us know if the room was available.
The lobby was full of very upset people who had been waiting hours for their rooms that had been requested months in advance. A little sense of urgency and concern on the part of the management and staff would have gone a long way in settling the guest.
We have stayed at this hotel several times in the past and never had a problem, but this was not a good stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LeeAnn B
Lucylittlerock, Director of Sales at Doubletree Hotel Little Rock, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I apologize if you found that our staff did not provide you with the level of customer service you deserve. I can assure you that your satisfaction is our main concern and I have personally spoken to our staff so that this does not occur again. We always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected and I can assure you that your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise.

Again, I apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I hope you will give us another chance to serve you. Please know that your business in incredibly important to us and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered.
Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

They didn't do what they promised. Very disappointed. I will not stay there again. The rooms weren't ready several hours after check-in time. This is the second time this hotel has done this. Hotel staff didn't care about our concerns.

• Stayed March 2013