My husband and I booked our room a couple of months in advance. We were meeting up with friends to celebrate my birthday and our anniversary. My husband called a couple days in advance to make sure that we were all set and they said that everything was going to be perfect. My husband asked about early check-in and he was told that there was not going to be any. Ok, we thought no big deal. We had never stayed at this hotel and I guarantee you now that we never will again!!! We arrived at the hotel about 3:30 and had to wait in line for a long while before we could even get up to the desk. Our first sign to turn around and walk out the door shouldve been when we walked in and the lobby was full of restless patrons waiting patrons trying to actually get in their rooms. We said that we would give this place a chance. There were 3 receptionists there with one being the assistant manager. He could care less if he was there or not. The woman receptionist that was working the desk was getting flamed as there were several other patrons that were getting very frustrated. That shouldve been our second sign. The young boy that was there was trying to act like a professional but he was failing quite a bit. He informed us that we would be on the fourth floor with a balcony. Great (I am a smoker). He also informed us that our room was not ready as they were doing inspections to make sure the rooms were clean enough. Okay, that shouldn't be that big of a deal. He took down my husbands phone number and would call to let us know when we could get in our room. We parked our truck and sat outside for a little while. We then went to our friends room as it was hot outside. We waited until about 5:40 to call the front desk and were told that it would be about 6:00 before we could get into our room. We never did get the courtesy call that our room was going to be ready. We finally went down about 6:30 and was able to get into our room. We tried to be as pleasant as possible to the staff but our patience was wearing thin.
The rooms were decent. There was not a fridge or microwave in our room. Luckily, we didn't have any food that was going to spoil. The fresh, warm cookies left alot to be desired and caused me to have a belly ache.
The hotel staff was not pleasant at all. It took forever to get on an elevator. The hotel had so many things scheduled at once that it was crazy! There was a Swingers Convention, a Daughters of the American Revolution Convention and something else that I can't seem to remember right off hand. We even met a band member for a big band and the whole band was staying there over the weekend. That does not include all of the other patrons that were traveling and chose to stay there. There was just too many things going on at once for this hotel!!
I felt bad for all of the smokers that were not on the 4th floor. They were to keep the outside door unlocked for the smokers but didn't. They even locked the door while some people were outside smoking and patrons were hoppin the fences trying to get to the balcony so that people could let them back into the hotel.
1. This was very poor on the hotels planning.
2. The housekeepers were lazy! (By this, I mean: While we sat in the lobby for a few minutes, we literally seen a housekeeper go in a small room and get a bag of trash that literally had like 3 empty soda cans and some paper towels in it, she literally drug it across the walkway to the elevators. It weighed maybe like 8 ounces total! I did see the room inspecter and she was lolly gagging around with someone else. The housekeepers were usually just standing there.)
3. The receptionist desk was very unprofessional and rude to everyone that we seen go to the desk.
4. The elevators were hot and smelly.
5. This hotel is way over priced for the service that you get.
6. Really need to inform your patrons that you have feather pillows, my husband is severely allergic to them!!!
We stay at alot of hotels in our travels. We have even stayed very close to this hotel when we go to Little Rock for testing for my husbands job. This was a bigger and " nicer" hotel than what we usually stay in but as my husband puts it, we would rather stay in the roach hotels than this place ever again!!
Like I said earlier, we will make sure to never stay at this hotel again unless things change drastically!! Management needs to change and the whole hotel staff needs to take a few lessons from the roach hotels in politeness and planning.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Doubletree Hotel Little Rock reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Little Rock Doubletree
- Doubletree Little Rock