“Good hotel in downtown Little Rock” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
STOP CLICKING AROUND
Ranked #18 of 62 Hotels in Little Rock
boston ma
“Good hotel in downtown Little Rock”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is a decent Doubletree. The lobby is not really anything to write home about - it is rather plain. However, the staff is excellent. Everyone is super friendly. The rooms are nicely furnished and they have good bathrooms with glass showers. We were upgraded to the concierge level which included breakfast and evening service with nice offerings. Both the morning and evening attendants in the lounge were excellent. Tip - Ask for a river view room.
I have stayed here many times and have always been happy. However, this time, I will say the extra blanket and the one I ordered to replace it were both dirty.

• 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
boston ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

My husband,11 year old Granddaughter and I stay here for 6 nights while visiting family, and it was a wonderful experience. This was our first trip to Little Rock and we found that the hotel is very centrally located, only a very short walk to the Robinson Auditorium, the Old State House and much more. We stayed in a nice room on the 14Th floor, the room was large,very clean and comfortable, with a baloney overlooking the Arkansas River. Each evening when we returned from a busy day the room was beautifully cleaned and fully replenished with toiletries, towels etc.... We took full advantage of the executive breakfast which was delicious, there was plenty to choose from no matter what your diet ( from eggs,waffles,bacon to yogurt and fresh fruit). At breakfast we had the pleasure to meet Louis who keeps everything running smooth and everyone happy with her service and her smile. Our check- in was quick,efficient and friendly, topped off by a warm cookie !! My husband and I are semi- retired and travel quite a bit, so I am able to say with confidence that this Doubletree runs like a top and we will certainly make it our "go too" place when we return to beautiful Little Rock.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I know this is a downtown hotel so real estate is at a premium but even though I was on the 14th executive level the size of the room really was small. However, everything about the room was wonderful!

I can't tell you how great it was to have a balcony that high with a view of the city. I had never stayed in downtown little rock before and it was a great way to have a look around.

The front desk greeted me, with a cookie of course, and recognized me as a Hilton Diamond member and made me feel welcome. The little things still count!

The only thing that was a little confusing was the parking garage. It's open to anyone but just remember to take your ticket to the front desk to have it validated. They then add the parking charge to your room. Present the ticket on departure to the guard and you're on your way.

GPS directions try to take you on a one-way street in the wrong direction so be careful around the river market. I can't wait to come back and spend more time here to explore the area. Seems like a great place to stay.

The bar downstairs was lively and the bar tender was very friendly.

I missed the diamond reception the night before but breakfast was nice with a few hot selections (bacon, etc) along with fruit and cereal. Loved the lounge area as well. The staff was very nice.

A perfect choice when doing business in the Little rock area or just staying night while on the road.

Room Tip: the hotel faces the river and the city. Just have to choose what view you want.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Siloam Springs, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stayed at the DoubleTree Hotel downtown Little Rock, AR. After travelings hours I arrived at Doubletree on Feb 14, 2013. Just so happens it was also valentines day. The hotel did not seem that busy when I arrived around 2:30. Payed a little more extra for the executive suit on the 14th floor just to find out that apparently my room was not ready. Did other things around the hotel and came back an hour later just to get the same response that my room was still not ready and they would call me on my cell number. Around 4:00PM finally! room was ready. The room seemed like the last guest that stayed in the room either smoked and dragged the smell into the room. T.V. channels seemed fuzzy on more premium channels as if they were weak on picking up reception. Roomed appeared to be clean, nice view for little rock, ar. Balcony needs some work looks like birds nest up there at times. Didn't find a do not disturb sign either and didn't really think housekeeping would come around til' later just because they didn't have my room cleaned til' after 4PM but I guess I was wrong they knocked at 9AM to clean the room.

Guest service initially wasn't good. I think she signed me up for HHonors again without her asking me. I don't usually have to give all my detail information to guest service as I check in besides maybe showing credit card for a hold and a government I.D. I asked about parking and he cut me off saying that it was an all secured parking structure, thought it was funny because that wasn't the question I was going to ask but at least I know my car would be safe in the heart of downtown little rock. :)

I don't usually write reviews but in this case I decided to take some time out because they are suppose to help hotels improve a guest stay. I really enjoy staying at Doubletree I think they are a great hotel this one just needs some more improvement.

-Didn't get offered a cookie at check-in maybe just because the fact they probably thought I got one when I tried to check in at 2:30pm. No big deal for me though just pointing it out because it says on the site.

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank _DThomas_0
Lucylittlerock, Director of Sales at Doubletree Hotel Little Rock, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. I apologize that we were unable to accommodate your reservation in a timely manner. Our front desk department goes through a lengthy process each day to ensure that our guests receive exactly the room expected, however at times we do not have the same availability due to guests extending their stays with us. I sincerely apologize if this may have caused you any inconveniences. In addition, please accept my apologies regarding if yur room smelled like smoke. I can totally empathize with you regarding your discomfort and truly apologize if this may have caused you any inconveniences.

Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience and do hope that the next time you travel to the area you will consider staying with us again.
Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

My fiance and I stayed here for Valentine's Day weekend and the romance package. We would definitely recommend this package for anyone who wants a romantic getaway. There is a bottle of chilled sparkling wine waiting for you once you check in, free breakfast voucher and late check out. Small room, but very nice. Check in was a little slow, but everyone was very friendly and accommodating.

Room Tip: Go for the top floor, only rooms with a balcony
Bryson City, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Doubletree may not be the "best" hotel in town, but it is one of the best values...especially if going to a symphony concert or show/exhibition. The rooms are clean and comfortable and nicely appointed. The cookies are yummy. The access to stuff very convenient...concert hall is in same building; old state capital is next door; exhibition show hall is very, very short walk away; and Capital Grill Bar is just as close! All in all, my lodging choice when doing a Little Rock getaway!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed for one night during Valentine's weekend. We arrived around 4:30pm to check in but our room was not ready. Front desk staff did explain that they had a lot of people out sick. Once our room was finally ready, I was surprised by how small the room was. We were in a queen room on the 14th floor. Our room did have a balcony and we had a nice view of the Arkansas river. We were on hhonors floor and was suppose to have breakfast served until 9:00am. When we and other guest arrived at 8:30...there was no coffee or hot foods available. Once a staff member arrived (Fatima) she told us they stop stocking for breakfadt at 8:00 and what we saw there was all that was available. I contacted the customer care line and must say thanks to Lacy for assisting us. She told us to come down to the restaurant and she would take care of us. Overall a nice hotel and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Request an upgrade if available.
Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Courtyard Little Rock Downtown
#17 of 62 in Little Rock
4.0 of 5 stars 270 reviews
Comfort Inn & Suites Presidential

Been to Doubletree Hotel Little Rock? Share your experiences!