WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Doubletree Hotel Little Rock

Doubletree Hotel Little Rock
Ranked #19 of 62 Hotels in Little Rock
Laguna Beach, California
“"Southern Hospitality" is found here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here mid January. The staff was delightful and warm, despite the cold, dreary weather outside. Everyone at this hotel was genuinely a nice person. Yeah, there are some 'duds' in the personality department, but by in large the staff is wonderful. Victor (the big guy at the front desk) is the consummate gentleman whose personality is larger than he is tall, and an overall delightful individual. This is a typical business traveler hotel and delivered on par with others out there.

I was there a week and decided to switch rooms midway through so I could experience both sides of the hotel. And while the view on the east river-facing side was prettier, it was noisier because of the sound reverb from the bridge. The view on the Westfield (aka the front of the bldg) was just about as nice as city views go and much quieter.

The overall room was well appointed and clean. I am not a big fan of stall showers i hotels, but it was clean and the water was hot. My colleague was not as impressed with the cleanliness of her room, but I couldn't say either way.

I had access to the Honors Lounge wile there and the only thing I could offer if that they need to keep the premium teas stocked a little better. Lipton should be reserved for sun tea only, never hot tea. Yuk! Heck, I will take a Bigelow or almost anything other than Lipton.

I ate there for one breakfast and one dinner in the hotel restaurant, and I can say it was typical hotel food.

The one bit of advice I would offer is be sure to take your card and validate it for the parking garage. You will have to pay or remark and go upstairs. If you do pay (like i did) be sure to keep your receipt. I did this once and noticed I was charged on my room. It was no big deal I just had them the receipt and they removed it from my bill.

Overall I would stay again.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Lucylittlerock, Director of Sales at Doubletree Hotel Little Rock, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. We are delighted you found our staff delivered Southern Hospitality. Our goal is to create a rewarding experience.

I'm glad you had the opportunity to enjoy both views at our hotel. That's a tough call as the Arkansas River view is stunning as is the view of downtown!

I have shared your comments with our Food and Beverage Director regarding upgrades to the Honors Lounge. We are constantly striving to exceed the expectations of our guests.

We look forward to your next stay here at the Doubletree by Hilton and we greatly value your feedback as well as your business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Rogers, Arkansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

Terribly disappointed in the hotel. We arrived at 6 pm, and the onsite restaurant was already closed for the night. No indoor pool, interstate traffic and elevator kept us awake all night, the first room we were in was huge, but had no bathtub (I need a hot bath every night or the muscles in my calves keep me awake) and there was a used tampon under the bed. We called the front desk and did not get an answer, so we went down to the desk. I spoke to the front desk clerk very quietly because I did not want the people behind us that were checking in to hear that there was a used tampon under the bed in the room we were in. The room they switched us to had a bath but was smaller and no one offered to comp on the room rate. The free continental breakfast was cancelled because no one showed up to work and other than the coffee in the room, there was not free coffee in the hotel. We were there for a rally, so once we were checked out of the room there was not an option for coffee.

Room Tip: i am not sure that there is anything good to say about the rooms.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank KittyMatz
Lucylittlerock, Director of Sales at Doubletree Hotel Little Rock, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
First of All, thank you for your feedback on your stay with us. I was disappointed to read you were disappointed with your stay. I have shared your comments with our executive housekeeper and our food and beverage director so they can address the issues. I can assure you that our main prioity is for your guests to enjoy their stay.

I hope you will give us another chance the next time your travels bring you back to our area.
lafayette la
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stayed here for 10 nights while I was in town for my job. The front desk people were not that friendly and would not fix my key card to work for entire stay. I constantly had to go down to front desk to get card reset. One night they called and woke me at 10pm and insisted I come down so they could re-swipe my credit card to charge me for my dinner, they would not let me wait till morning. Only decafe coffe in room although i left note every day to please leave me some regular coffee. Im not saying the were terrible, im just saying for an upscale hotel they should have done much better.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank kharley
Lucylittlerock, Director of Sales at Doubletree Hotel Little Rock, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us. At Hilton, we always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. I truly regret if you had a disappointing experience with some aspects of our hotel and more specifically with the lack of attention you received from our staff. I can assure you that I have taken your feedback into consideration and have personally spoken to our staff regarding your comments.

Again, I sincerely apologize that you and your family went through any inconveniences during your stay and I hope that you will give us a second chance if you return to the area.
Cocoa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

we went here for a family reunion, loved it alot. the staff was great, and honest. we had 4 adults and 2 kids, ages 9 and 4. we had gotten 2 rooms to split us up, no worries here. Right in the heart of downtown, trolleys along the front door to hotel. alot to do and see here in this little city. alot of night life, and entertainment for the kids as well. Walked to the capital, (if you are in good health, this is for you) and along the way soaked in alot of history. Really enjoyable. Would stay again and recommend to anyone with kids, or without!! Parking is under the hotel, and lots of space too =)

Room Tip: stay above the 4th floor, the pool can get busy on the lower rooftop. The veiws are great on the fro...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lucylittlerock, Director of Sales at Doubletree Hotel Little Rock, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us for your family reunion. We look forward to your return visit and another great reunion.
Beaumont, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

I travel often for my job and usually go to Little Rock a couple of times a year. The Doubletree is my first choice of places to stay. The staff here is always friendly and smiling and eager to help. And the warm cookies given at check-in...YUM! The hotel is very convenient to the downtown area and to the River Market area, both are in walking distance, or the hotel has a free shuttle that will take you anywhere within a few mile radius. I have never encountered anyone working at this hotel who was anything less than happy...they actually appear to enjoy their jobs. Keep up the good work! I will be back!

Room Tip: The River view rooms are the best!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Lonoke, Arkansas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

What a great experience I had here! My room was comfortable, quiet and fantastic view of the Arkansas River. The staff was cordial and helpful, making me feel very welcome! Within walking distance of so many attractions and I look forward to staying at this hotel again!

Room Tip: Ask for a river view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lucylittlerock, Director of Sales at Doubletree Hotel Little Rock, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
We are delighted you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you posted your comments. We look forward to your return visit to our hotel.
Grosmont, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

It is hard to envisage a better location for a hotel in Little Rock.

Parking was easy, and even in the dark it was easy for a stranger to locate.

Rooms were of good quality, with good amenities throughout.

Breakfast was good.

Business lounge was efficient.

Room Tip: Rear of hotel overlooks river.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple