“Really not impressed”

Ranked #15 of 63 Hotels in Little Rock
lafayette la
“Really not impressed”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stayed here for 10 nights while I was in town for my job. The front desk people were not that friendly and would not fix my key card to work for entire stay. I constantly had to go down to front desk to get card reset. One night they called and woke me at 10pm and insisted I come down so they could re-swipe my credit card to charge me for my dinner, they would not let me wait till morning. Only decafe coffe in room although i left note every day to please leave me some regular coffee. Im not saying the were terrible, im just saying for an upscale hotel they should have done much better.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank kharley
Lucylittlerock, Director of Sales at Doubletree Hotel Little Rock, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us. At Hilton, we always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. I truly regret if you had a disappointing experience with some aspects of our hotel and more specifically with the lack of attention you received from our staff. I can assure you that I have taken your feedback into consideration and have personally spoken to our staff regarding your comments.

Again, I sincerely apologize that you and your family went through any inconveniences during your stay and I hope that you will give us a second chance if you return to the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Cocoa
Reviewed January 2, 2013

we went here for a family reunion, loved it alot. the staff was great, and honest. we had 4 adults and 2 kids, ages 9 and 4. we had gotten 2 rooms to split us up, no worries here. Right in the heart of downtown, trolleys along the front door to hotel. alot to do and see here in this little city. alot of night life, and entertainment for the kids as well. Walked to the capital, (if you are in good health, this is for you) and along the way soaked in alot of history. Really enjoyable. Would stay again and recommend to anyone with kids, or without!! Parking is under the hotel, and lots of space too =)

Room Tip: stay above the 4th floor, the pool can get busy on the lower rooftop. The veiws are great on the fro...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Lucylittlerock, Director of Sales at Doubletree Hotel Little Rock, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us for your family reunion. We look forward to your return visit and another great reunion.
Beaumont, Texas
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I travel often for my job and usually go to Little Rock a couple of times a year. The Doubletree is my first choice of places to stay. The staff here is always friendly and smiling and eager to help. And the warm cookies given at check-in...YUM! The hotel is very convenient to the downtown area and to the River Market area, both are in walking distance, or the hotel has a free shuttle that will take you anywhere within a few mile radius. I have never encountered anyone working at this hotel who was anything less than happy...they actually appear to enjoy their jobs. Keep up the good work! I will be back!

Room Tip: The River view rooms are the best!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Lonoke, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed December 25, 2012

What a great experience I had here! My room was comfortable, quiet and fantastic view of the Arkansas River. The staff was cordial and helpful, making me feel very welcome! Within walking distance of so many attractions and I look forward to staying at this hotel again!

Room Tip: Ask for a river view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Lucylittlerock, Director of Sales at Doubletree Hotel Little Rock, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
We are delighted you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you posted your comments. We look forward to your return visit to our hotel.
Grosmont, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 23, 2012

It is hard to envisage a better location for a hotel in Little Rock.

Parking was easy, and even in the dark it was easy for a stranger to locate.

Rooms were of good quality, with good amenities throughout.

Breakfast was good.

Business lounge was efficient.

Room Tip: Rear of hotel overlooks river.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

We spent one night here for our anniversary. There was a bottle of champagne waiting since they knew it was our anniversary and we got free breakfast. Very nice. But, don't expect 4 star service. We asked the front desk for a restaurant recommendation and they knew we were dressed up and going to see White Christmas at The Rep. They suggested a sports bar (????) We ended up at Dizzys which was just ok. A nice restaurant would've made our one night out without kids a bit more special. Free breakfast the next morning was miserable. They literally had ONE poor girl working....on a Sat. morning. But, no conventions, so they didnt bother with staff. Bartender night before was excellent and funny, and great quality drinks with average pricing. Room was freezing. Set on 52 (!) Took hours to warm it up. All in all, it was just ok. I suspect they do a great job with large parties. Watch out, tho, elevators go from parking garage to rooms...sorta creepy.

• Stayed December 2012
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed December 18, 2012

We held an association event November 14th at the Doubletree Little Rock. Karen Dunne and her staff made us feel welcome and their attention to detail was perfect and very appreciated. Everything went smoothly and the food was fantastic. The room even had a great view of the river. The warm chocolate chip cookies were a great bonus!

Room Tip: Great view of the river was unique.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business