“Nice location, nice views” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree Hotel Little Rock

Doubletree Hotel Little Rock
Ranked #16 of 61 Hotels in Little Rock
Huntsville, Alabama
“Nice location, nice views”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Spent two nights at this hotel with friends. I chose it because of it's location and I got a great rate on priceline. It is right next to the river walk and walking distance to fun restaurants and shops. I didn't know you had to request a non-smoking room, but they were able to switch me anyway. I didn't use any hotel facilities but the room was new and nice and clean. I enjoyed the free wireless. Parking was $9 per night, but included in and out privileges.

Room Tip: You can have a street view or a river view. River view would probably be quieter.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Lucylittlerock, Director of Sales at Doubletree Hotel Little Rock, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Thanks you for sharing your comments about your recent stay. We look forward to your return stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Fort Smith, AR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

In the remodeled rooms the bathtub has been replaced by a large stand-up shower. The shower head is of the rain-type, but lacks a pulsating spray option that would have made it easier to rinse the hair. There is no apparent ventilation in the bathroom, the place where the exhaust fan used to be having been boarded up. I missed getting a soak in a hot bath.
Aside from the bathroom, the room was visually attractive and the bed was comfortable, though I detected odors that indicated a need for some extra cleaning. I stayed two nights, but my room was never made up. One of the coffee cups was dirty when I arrived. Fresh cups were sent after I called the Care Line. New since I stayed last year is a $5 per day parking fee for guests. In the past parking for guests was complimentary.
I guess the hotel is cutting corners to save money. You won't feel pampered, and you should probably bring your own breakfast (the restaurant is slow and expensive), but it is next to the convention center.

Room Tip: The river view is nice from the rooms on that side.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Lucylittlerock, Director of Sales at Doubletree Hotel Little Rock, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
We're sorry we didn't provide the high quality of services you deserve. During our last renovation all of our king bedded rooms were changed to have showers only. We have addressed the matter of your room not being made up with our rooms division manager. Again, we apologize for the inconveniences that you endured while staying here and we hope you'll give us another opportunity soon to make your stay the best it can be.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I am from Arkansas and stay in the river market often, this is my first stay at the double tree and it will be my last. Upon check in we were promised a roll away bed would arrive around 6 we went to dinner and came back and it had never been recieved...we called and they said they were out. Where very rude about the whole situation, said there was nothing they could do but would contact room service and bring us extra blankets, which never arrived so we called again finally by 11:30 we gave up. Never again will I stay at a double tree property the only thing they have going for them is good cookies...

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank RedWolfOD
Lucylittlerock, Director of Sales at Doubletree Hotel Little Rock, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
I am sorry the hotel did not provide the roll away bed that we promise we would deliver to your room along with the extra blankets. This is not the normal level of service that we provide our guests. I have forwarded your comments to our Rooms Division Manager who is over the front desk and housekeeping so he can address this matter with his staff. We do hope you will give us another chance in the future. Thank you for telling us so we can better train our staff.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I recently stayed here for one night. The hotel is conveniently located near the River Market. I booked through a 3rd party and was given a smoking room. The front desk, though they didn't have to, allowed me to change to a non-smoking room with a river view. That is excellent customer service!

The hotel itself is very nice, but the room was showing a little wear. Water pressure in the shower was amazing. The hotel runs a shuttle bus that will take you up to five miles out. This is a great perk. Overall, I was very pleased with my stay here and would come back.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cruise,J.D.
Lucylittlerock, Director of Sales at Doubletree Hotel Little Rock, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Thanks for sharing your comments about your stay. We do have an excellent location for things to do here in downtown Little Rock. We look forward to being of service to you again on your next stay.
Conway, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

Stayed twice this month already and had nice stays both times. Rooms looking toward city are very small. No fridge, no microwave, no breakfast. Single serve coffee makers in room and nice toiletries. Beds are dreamy. Great location, next to river market and convention center. Desk service was lacking. I asked for a plastic cup from the front desk at 5 am ( no one else around but van driver reading a newspaper) and desk clerk said no. I walked away but then after watching them do nothing and even take a glass to the kitchen... I asked if he would mind getting me one from the kitchen. It would have been nice for him to offer good customer service.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars
Lucylittlerock, Director of Sales at Doubletree Hotel Little Rock, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thanks for posting your comments on your recent stay. We are sorry you did not receive great customer service while staying with us. Our suites do come with a small fridge and microwave but our standard rooms do not. I have shared your comments with our department heads so they can offer additional training to their staff member. We hope you will try us again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I have spent over 40 nights in this hotel over the last 10 years. The service is consistently excellent. All of the employees are very friendly and helpful. The location is excellent. Taking a morning walk along the river is a great way to start a day in Little Rock. I am in Little Rock frequently on business. I have stayed at all of the downtown hotels. This one is by far the most convenient and the best value for the money. My only complaint is the very slow Internet connection through their wireless network. If that issue was fixed I would write them excellent.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Lucylittlerock, Director of Sales at Doubletree Hotel Little Rock, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments about our hotel. We are pleased you enjoy staying here and that you find the staff friendly and helpful. I have shared you comment about the slow internet connection with our General Manager since we have upgraded the system in the last few months. We look forward to your return visit.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Stayed at the Double Tree during a recent trip to Little Rock to participate in the BDB bike ride and was thoroughly impressed with the hotel and the surrounding area. Our room was spacious, clean and well-appointed. The staff were friendly and helpful. And, within a short walking distance, were a number of decent restaurants and bars. I have family in the area and I'm seriously considering staying at the Double Tree next time I visit. Don't get me wrong, I love my family, but the Double Tree made it seem more like a vacation.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the river.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us during the Big Dam Bridge race. We hope you will return to the hotel in the future while visiting your family. We will also have a block of rooms set aside for next year race. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and we look forward to your return visit.