“Hair, hair everywhere”

Doubletree Hotel Little Rock
Ranked #15 of 64 Hotels in Little Rock
Reviewed June 19, 2012 via mobile

The location of this hotel is fantastic. The views on the river side are lovely and the windows, though filthy, are soundproofed solidly. The room service food was decent and fairly priced. Most of the staff I encountered seemed friendly enough. The bed is extremely soft and lumpy so if that's what you like, you're in for a great night's sleep. Those are the good parts.

I travel enough I understand that sometimes, no matter how thorough the cleaning staff, hair happens. It's inevitable. However, I have never experienced anything like this. There were long black curly hairs (4-6") everywhere. They were on the bed covering, the desk, the coffee stained tv channel guide and the bathroom floor. In addition, there were hairs on the shower floor and on the pillows. Most disgusting, I think, we're the remnants of a previous guest's shaving in the sink. Seriously it was as if no one cared to clean the room properly.

Finally, a few pet peeves. The tv reception was bad and only a few channels came in clearly. Those that did were jumpy due to the satellite system. The wireless internet is slow and spotty. The room service menu is inaccurate.

If you need/want to be close to downtown Little Rock, the location is good, just don't expect a great experience and you'll be fine.

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded June 21, 2012

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay at our hotel. I have shared your comments with our General Manager, our Executive Housekeeper and our Chief Engineer so they can address the issues you encountered. I know our Chief Engineer is currently addressing the TV and internet issues. The housekeeper that was assigned to your floor is undergoing additional training to ensure that the rooms cleaned by that housekeeper are up to Doubletree standards. We hope you will return to our hotel on a future stay.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,408)

Reviewed June 17, 2012

The shuttle drivers are very accomodating and they seem to run and staff 2 vans so the service is great. My room was on the small side, but I was barely in the room beyond sleeping and showering. I understand that there is a lot of ambient noise on the river view side of the hotel, so the courtyard view is actually preferable. Didn't try the restaurant - too many good places to walk to and the shuttle will take you to and from restaurants.

Room Tip: as above, I was tod that river view rooms have significant traffic noise
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Comfortable hotel and the staff was nice enough to give me a room facing the river. I came in right after a local festival and there must have been one heck of a party because the hallway carpet outside my room was soaking wet.

Sleep quality was good and liked the free internet connection. TV had about 6 HD channels and the rest looked really poor. The food in the lobby bar was average, at best.

Hotel is older and my room was VERY small which is why this property only gets a 3-star rating from me. I would likely stay here again.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a river-side room.
Reviewed May 31, 2012

This hotel was recommended to me by a coworker that had traveled to Little Rock a few weeks before. It was a great recommendation. The staff were amazing, the rooms very clean and so comfortable, and the fitness room was perfect for my needs. I would highly recommend the hotel restaurant too. One of the best Salmon steaks I have ever had!!! The downtown area was very nice. It was much more quiet than I expected. I do have to admit though, the executive lounge food was not the best at all...I would avoid that food!

Room Tip: If you can get a room over looking the river...do it!! Very nice View!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Lucylittlerock, Director of Sales at Doubletree Hotel Little Rock, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2012

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay. I will pass on your comments to our new Executive Chef concerning the food in our executive floor lounge. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 31, 2012

The Doubletree started out years ago as a major convention hotel called the Camelot, linked to a next-door auditorium, but faded over time. The Doubletree folks did some major renovations, but that clearly was a few years ago. The lobby and public areas are great, and the staff was extremely helpful. However the parking is the best part, since all other downtown hotels have real parking problems. The Doubletree has an underground parking garage where you can park and take an elevator up to the lobby or rooms. I had asked about possibly getting an upgrade via the internet, and the desk automatically put us in the Club Floor without a price hike--very nice! The room was OK -- everything worked, with a few nicks and stains visible. The street noise was surprisingly loud on the 17th floor--perhaps because we had a balcony [with a great view of the Arkansas River.]

Room Tip: Ask the desk folks for specials--they are VERY helpful.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Staff nice.. Housekeeping come a bit early for stayovers...

1  Thank Karen M
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I was part of a party of 11 that booked multiple rooms to stay at the Doubletree while we were in Little Rock to attend a graduation. I had a great room on the 10th floor overlooking the river. The staff was very friendly and courteous, especially Bo, the Front Desk Supervisor, whose attention to detail and assistance was greatly appreciated. Our party included several elderly adults and the Doubletree staff graciously provided complimentary shuttle service to the Statehouse Convention Center where the graduation was being held.

The food in the dining room is really good and the Doubletree has a great location downtown with access to the Riverwalk for your outdoor run or walk. Also, the Doubletree has complimentary wireless which worked just fine for me. The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom spotless. I plan on staying there again in the fall when I will be making a return trip to Little Rock.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the river.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family