“Nice Hotel Very Convenient to Airport”

Holiday Inn Little Rock-Airport-Conf Ctr
Ranked #18 of 64 Hotels in Little Rock
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 27, 2010

Stayed in this hotel on the way to Fayetteville with a group of guys. Great sports bar in the lobby and the rooms we great. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 20, 2010

Stayed in room 121. Bed bugs!

I asked to speak to management later next day, they never returned the call. My guess is they already knew of the issue.

First time this has happened to me at this location. Great location to the airport. The Holiday Inn Express was the hotel I stayed at after my bed bug experience.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
GMHolidayInnAirport, General Manager at Holiday Inn Little Rock-Airport-Conf Ctr, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2010

No bed bugs were found in this room upon immediate inspection by a global pest control company.

We are sorry for this guest's experience. With concern for this guest and for all of our guests &, in compliance with our procedures, we had the room checked for infestation once notified.

Ecolab is contracted for our scheduled pest elimination services and we, also, participate in their trademarked "Innspect Bed Bug Service". Within a few hours their Service Person completed the inspection of the suspected room as well as the guest rooms on either side and the room immediately above, per protocol. Their report concluded there were no bed bugs present in any of these rooms.

In addition to the third party service, our maintenance & housekeeping staff are trained to constantly inspect and observe for any telltale signs. Believe me, we are well aware of the stories from one coast to the other coast of this problem. Anything that we can do to keep our hotel safe and comfortable for our guests is that for which we strive.

Due to the fact that we are a busy hotel with many national and international travelers, we are prudent in our efforts to maintain our hotel consistent with it's star rating. Although we were dismayed to learn this guest had problems, we welcomed the chance to respond to the review and to shed light on this incident as well as this common hospitality industry concern.

Jerry Easley

Reviewed September 5, 2010

I was stuck in Little Rock for the night due to flight cancellations. I was not happy when leaving the airport to go to the hotel because I wanted to be on a flight to my destination. However, this all changed once I arrived at the hotel. I travel frequently for work so I have had many experiences at hotels and have seen hundreds. I can honestly say the Holiday Inn Airport/Conference Center is among the top that I've stayed in.

From the friendly hotel shuttle driver to the staff at the front desk to the staff in the restaurant, I was treated professionally and with the upmost respect the entire stay.

The room that I stayed in was spectacular. It was big, VERY CLEAN and the ammenities were amazing. The mattress itself was just right and I loved the comforter.

All my worries were honestly gone once I arrived and this hotel property put me in a totally different mood and made me realize how glad I was that my flights were cancelled.

I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank EBlackwell79
Reviewed August 11, 2010

Rooms are very comfortable with HDTV and numerous cable channels (including about 5 HBO choices). There are 2 floors on the north side overlooking the city and the airport; 4 floors on the south side. The 2 wings are served by different elevators with a large banquet courtyard in the middle and several crossovers on different levels, which takes a little time to figure out. Free Internet WI-FI in the lobby and many rooms, though it did not work in my 2nd floor North room. Small exercise room with newer equipment (2 treadmills, 2 stairmasters, weights, etc) and TV. Outdoor pool small. As a Gold Priority Club member, I was given concierge privileges for evening reception ($1 beers) and morning breakfast. Very friendly & helpful front desk. Rooms appeared quite clean with coffeemakers and generous amenities. Onsite restaurant with room service is called "Boston's." A/C very efficient and quiet with wall mounted digital thermostats in each room. I really enjoyed staying here, especially with an early morning flight departure.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Abbot71
Reviewed July 21, 2010

This was an awesome stay. All of the hotel staff was super friendly. The restaurants were well staffed and the food was delicious. The rooms are super comfortable, clean, and modern.

1  Thank Bunchofmoney
Reviewed April 18, 2010

Well appointed and comfortable rooms. Trendy decor. Attached restaurant. Decent fitness room.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed February 20, 2010

Stayed here for one night for a conference. Every experience we had with food service at this hotel was HORRIBLE. In the breakfast service- cafe place downstairs the first day, we arrived at 7:15 am. The place was about half full but within minutes of us arriving- people started showing up in droves. The food itself was fine- but very quickly, the staff was clearly overwhelmed and understaffed. The buffet line came to a halt when they ran out of plates and we had to scour other tables for silverware. Most of our party went without drinks because it was too hard to flag one of the two servers working the whole place down for help. We were 10 minutes late to our conference because we waited so long for a bill.

During our mid morning break- we went to the front desk and warned the staff to get in touch with the management of the restaurant on property- Boston's - that there was a conference going on - and with little access to other options other than a Waffle House across the street- they should be prepared.

We were one of the first tables seated at approximately 11:30 am. We waited nearly 35 minutes for food- and our party of 6's food came out in stages- literally, we were served 2 at a time with at least 10 minutes in between at some points. Service went downhill from there. The last person at our table got her food at 12:20 and we had to be back in our session by 12:45. We were lucky though- another group had YET to be served and were seated right after us. Evidently, they had been told their meal would be comped but really, what's the point if you barely had time to eat it?

The room itself was very, very clean and comfortable and I am checking that I would recommend the hotel because of that, and friendly front desk staff. However, you would want to be eating elsewhere. It was almost like the food service department had no clue a group of 150-200 was even there. Bizarre.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
GMHolidayInnAirport, Manager at Holiday Inn Little Rock-Airport-Conf Ctr, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2010

I am truly sorry that your dining experiences were not satisfactory, but am happy the guest room was found to be comfortable and very clean.

The food service which you experienced is not the norm for our hotel. On that day, better planning for staffing would have helped us to meet all your dining needs. Going forward, our being aware of big groups in the hotel who do not have planned meals will help us to provide the correct food service.

Thanks for your feedback.