“Ask if they are hosting an event...... If they are I would stay else where.”

Holiday Inn Little Rock-Airport-Conf Ctr
Ranked #20 of 62 Hotels in Little Rock
GreenLeadersBronze level
Boston, Georgia, United States
“Ask if they are hosting an event...... If they are I would stay else where.”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I stayed at this location for 2 nights and on the second night they were hosting a reception in their Ball room or whatever they call it that is behind the front desk area and central to the Hotel.

my room had an interior corridor door, and a GLASS WALL that adjoined this atrium where this event was being held. the first night was OK I arrived late, the front desk were as courteous as you would expect at 11PM. The internet SUCKED and made emailing for work impossible. I ended up tethering it with my smart phone to be able to perform my work.

the second night I arrived back at the hotel at 6PM, there was a "buzz" of people in the atrium area. was like a dull roar. you had the occasional drunk person run by the room hollering about "come to my hospitality suite, I got booze for everyone!" and THEN the band they hired started playing. they had NO volume control. it sounded like they thought they were playing to a packed arena. this went on until at least midnight.

I had a 5:20AM flight home and ended up not sleeping at all because for the 2 hours after the band quit wailing, I heard them and everyone else stomping around putting up tables, running into walls etc. it was peaceful and quiet at 4AM when I had to go to the front desk to get my receipt. if only it was like that 10 hours previous when I was trying to go to sleep.

Room Tip: make sure the room is an exterior room, if not you will have to deal with what I dealt with if they...
1 Thank Benjamin31626
jewelljane, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Little Rock-Airport-Conf Ctr, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Your review made our Executive Committee really take note. We do have a strict policy about the evening noise level in our atrium and are not finished with our investigation of your complaint. I can tell you that the band was for a group in our Ballroom, so you are correct - the volume had to have been turned up for you to hear it in your hotel room. We just have never had anyone tell us that they heard the music that was so far away before, wow I can't imagine being right in the ballroom with them as those hundred people were. The band did finish at 10pm according to the group and our employees, however, I know that at that point you probably didn't care what time it was - you were just so tired. Knowing music lovers I would also guess that their 10pm was a little later as you stated, sometimes they get so involved in their music that they forget the time.

I apologize to you about the inconvenience. I so know that it would have been another inconvenience for you to have to move to another area of the hotel at 9pm at night, but we would have been happy to so that you could have rested.

Please give us another chance to serve you so that we can make it up to you. My office is right behind the front desk and I would love to talk to you and make amends the next time you are in our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
buckypeekn
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Unfortunately, I have to write a not so nice review. For those of you that have seen my other reviews, you know what this rarely happens. First off, the front desk staff was rude.... they barely addressed me and continued on conversations with each other. When she handed me the keys, I asked which room and I was told to look at my keys. When I got to my room, keys did not work. I went back down and she informed me that I need not come to the front desk with issues.... I should find a service phone. Well, excuse me. Again, keys do not work. * I find a service phone* At least the maintenance man that fixed the key reader was prompt and kind. My room is nice and has a Keurig, have to love that! But my view.... the roof. Also I could not figure out how to close the blinds (but I am blonde). These two things combined equaled me getting waken up in the AM to 3 men on the roof doing repairs outside my open window.... and I don’t sleep with much on! The plan was to do work in my room on my laptop (since the front desk never mentioned anything about breakfast) but the internet was spotty at best! I had to log in and out about 20 times. Oh, and to top it off.... the parking lot smells like sewage. Saving grace would be the attached restaurant, Boston's. It was great food, drinks and atmosphere.

Room Tip: Two types of rooms, interior and exterior.... interior have double doors and face atrium (would be...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank buckypeekn
jewelljane, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Little Rock-Airport-Conf Ctr, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Although you said you wrote a "not so Nice review", I was so happy to read some positive things that you had to say about us and I thank you for being honest. Our rooms are lovely and I totally agree on the Keurig, you are so right about Boston's Restaurant and Sports Bar - it is a huge plus for us. Even when you mentioned the security issues of not announcing your room number and asking you to use the service phone for your convenience...the policy is good, but obviously it was the manner in which it was communicated to you that we messed up on. That customer service is normally what we pride ourselves on, so we must have really been having an "off" evening at our point of contact and I sincerely apologize to you for that.

We know that you can stay in a number of other great hotels in Little Rock and that is why so much of our training is on making sure the customer is treated with respect and kindness. In your case I think we were concentrating on security issues instead of you, as the guest that we needed to make feel at home. I hope that you will give us a second chance to prove to you that we really do know how to be as friendly as our awards indicate. Thank you for your constructive comments, we will take them to heart I promise.
MIDDLEFIELD
Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

Clean room very close to airport. No fridge or microwave in room. No free breakfast though a Waffle House is in the parking lot. Only 5 minutes from airport. Good place to stay if you have an early flight

• Stayed May 2013
Berryville, Arkansas
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I stayed in king size bed sweep. The room was very clean, check in was not a problem and the staff was very friendly. I really like the 2 door rooms. One door opens into the hallway and the other door opens to the walkway overlooking the inner atrium area. The atmosphere is nice and reasonable for the price. I will stay again.

Room Tip: Just know that you migh hear an airplane sometimes but the name should give that away.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Peru, Illinois
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn April 4 and again April 12 on our way home from Texas and couldn't be more pleased with the front desk or the sales department. We had a motor coach with 17 of us and they went out of their way to make our stay the best!! A restaurant right on site mamkes it easy to grab a bit to eat on arrival and the breakfast room openned early to give our folks plenty of time to eat before departing. You can't go wrong with a stay here!!! Thanks again gang!!!

Room Tip: we love the 6th floor
1 Thank Sandy J
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Recently stayed here while exploring the Little Rock area for five days. Lovely, clean facilities - as we have come to expect from Holiday Inn. However it is the special staff members that really make this hotel outstanding. Jason, Amber and Corey all impressed us at the front desk during our stay, with their professionalism. They also helped us feel totally at home with their great senses of humor. My husband and I adored that. Also, Brian and Wade in the "Boston's" bar area of the restaurant provided us with first class service and great food and drinks. Brian's skill to remember our exact drink preferences was very impressive - he did this our entire stay, after us just specifically ordering once.
The beds were great quality, as were the ammenities. This hotel has an interior covered hallway concept, opening to a large versitile center area. We stayed in a King Suite which had a wonderful private balcony overlooking this adaptable open center area. It was fun to put our feet up and talk and read on our own interior patio, gently hearing the hotel function in the background. They also have some King Suites with exterior balconies offering sunset views. In our mind, these King Suites are totally worth the extra $$.
The cooks here are quite amazing too. I am an avid cook, but I honestly think they do hot oatmeal better than I do. It will now be a challenge for me to try and match it at home, because we love oatmeal as a heart healthy breakfast. I suspect it may be steamed, as the texture is anything but mushy. It was the best restaurant oatmeal we have ever been served in a restaurant. The fresh fruit selection was appreciated also.
The concierge room is not really set up for fraternizing. It serves the purpose, and is a generous touch, but the restaurant/bar area were more condusive for friendly conversations. The concierge room is small, and set up at the far end of the sixth floor, in a very isolated spot.
Instead of being boxed in there, we preferred to go down to the central lobby, and have a chance to greet and share a laugh with Jason, Amber, and Corey at the front desk, or Brian and Wade in the bar/restaurant.

Room Tip: Spring for the King Suite if you are a couple. The extra dollars are so worth it. These suites hav...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PA32pilot
jewelljane, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Little Rock-Airport-Conf Ctr, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Outstanding Review - we were so thrilled to read your kind words! And, we made sure that your review was quickly seen by the staff members that you named, along with those behind the scenes that help made it all happen. I totally agree that there is an art in making oatmeal taste the way our chef does. Eating healthy has taken on a whole new meaning for hotel restaurants these days.

It was OUR pleasure to serve you, making guests feel at home is the highlight of our day.
Chicago
Reviewed April 9, 2013

First, this full service hotel is darn near on the airport property. Airport shuttle is quick. Has an attached "Boston's" sports bar and restaurant. Rooms I would say are 'above average'. Staff is friendly and helpful.
Major knocks: Lots of TV channels but poor reception and continued loss of "signal". Weather was clear so this was no weather related "satelite" issue.
Service as Boston's was very slow.
Open area was noisy - right around bar closing time.....
AC unit is very loud.
Nothing else close to this location.

I frankly like this hotel but they could make some improvements. There is stiff compeition 15 minutes away on the West Side of Little Rock.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade. Make sure the satellite TV is working properly
1 Thank Kubzfan
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Little Rock-Airport-Conf Ctr, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Kubzfan,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. It is disappointing to know that you did not completely enjoy your visit due to the issues encountered with the room accommodation you were given and TV channel selection malfunctioning.

We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. I hope you give us another chance in the future to host you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Regards,