“Nice, Clean and Pleasant employees”

Holiday Inn Little Rock-Airport-Conf Ctr
Ranked #19 of 64 Hotels in Little Rock
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed here on 2/18 and 2/28 2013 both nights it was a very pleasant stay.The building and rooms are very clean and quiet and all the employees went out of their way to be as helpful as possible.There is nothing like a friendly smile after a long unpleasant flight. I dealt with Rachelle Moore and i dont think you could find anybody as professional and friendly as she was. Bostons was a nice touch. its a good place to eat and relax. I will always stay here when i have to fly out of Little Rock. Thanks for the hospitality!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
jewelljane, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Little Rock-Airport-Conf Ctr, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

And thank YOU for your comments! Repeat business is our best indicator of our service level.
Rachelle Moore is one of our Sales Managers, and you are right about her...she genuinely cares about our customers and truly wants their stay here to be the best. I cannot wait until she has a chance to read your review as I don't think she gets mentioned nearly as often as she should.
I hope you will let us know the next time you are making your reservation - we'll look forward to it.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Since the HIE across the parking lot is under renovation, I thought I would just stay at the HI ... I don't know that i got a good deal. First of all, the place is noisy, lots of echo every time a door slams shut because of the way it is built and laid out I get up early and work ling hours, got back to my room at 4 pm and they weren't anywhere near with housekeeping to come take care of it, had to call the front desk and complain about it. When someone finally came over, she said: 'well I had 25 rooms to do today' ... and while I feel for her, WHEN DID THAT BECOME THE CUSTOMER'S PROBLEM? They have it all backwards here ... Everybody seems to move at a slower pace.
They have a concierge lounge for Priority Club members which is supposed to open at 6 pm for snacks and refreshments, last night I got there at 6:10 and the hostess was not there, came in about 5 minutes later ... the noise levels in this place are ridiculous, work being done after 4 or 5 pm, you can hear drills and saws (and of course the slamming doors) when all you are trying to do is unwind after a long day at work. The AC unit (built into the ceiling is rather loud so I shut it off. The place is old but has been renovated.
Would I come back to this place? NOT!

Room Tip: away from the indoor courtyard and make sure to demand that your room is done early
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jaime M
jewelljane, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Little Rock-Airport-Conf Ctr, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

I have been sitting here at the keyboard for a little while now trying to put into words how I feel about your comments. The first thing that I know is that I am so sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us and I want to apologize to you. We just never want our guests to experience anything less than a perfect stay. You are correct that we have been renovated, in fact our owners spent a lot of money and gave us a perfect hotel to work in. So your unexpected experience lies with our service and employees which is so disappointing. I must say that normally they are so "on top" and give more than 100%. Thank goodness you do enjoy staying at our sister hotel next door and in reading your other reviews I see that you do enjoy our restaurant "Boston's". Perhaps when you have a moment or two you can give us a call so we can get more details on your stay and we want to make it up to you.

I'll tell you for sure you have put us on our toes. Great service has always been our key and we will immediately work on getting that back in every department. Thank you for sharing.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

This hotel was very pretty. The room was nice, only inconvenient thing was there was no microwave or refrigerator in the room. However I am sure if I asked for one I would have been accommodated. The staff was quite friendly and I was pleased with the cleanliness of my room.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I've stayed here several times and the highlight is the proximity to LIT airport. Rooms are a bit old but they are clean and the beds are good. Make sure you ask for a room that faces the back of the property as this on the opposite side from the freeway and much quieter. It also allows you to park very close to your room! Also, avoid inside facing rooms as they have sliding glass doors that face a banquet area that is noisy and frequently in use. As for food and drink, you have Boston's inside the hotel (good food, fair price) or Waffle House (poor man's IHOP). Don't take somebody here trying to impress them but it's a safe and convenient haven for the business traveler.

Room Tip: 4th floor or above to avoid convention noise, south side opposite freeway is quieter and has parking...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Me_Never_Home
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Little Rock-Airport-Conf Ctr, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Dear Me_Never_Home,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. Please be assured that all your comments will be looked into and actions will be taken accordingly. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

Completely disagree with previous traveller who stayed on Christmas night. I stayed here that same night due to having a flight the next morning. Winter precipitation started Christmas morning. So, what the previous traveller calls rain was really a wintery mix. Traveling to other locations for food would have been irresponsible of the hotel in my mind. Staff seemed to handle the influx of travelers well. I saved money by parking my car at the hotel for only $10! Shuttle driver was super friendly and handled the 9" snow very well. Got us safely to the airport. Acting manager said she had come in because the manager couldn't make it to the hotel. Morning of my flight, I saw this same acting manager go outside to help a mother and daughter walk up the hill in the icy snow to get to the shuttle. This mother and daughter weren't even staying at this hotel but the Express down the hill. I say great job Holiday Inn. Previous traveller sounds a bit spoiled to me.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed January 13, 2013

12/25/12
Flight cancelled and had to find a place so stay at the last minute. Picked this hotel due to full service properity. 1st room assigend to the therostat was "locked off at 61" degrees. Tried to call the front desk but no one answered. We then went to the front desk and asked for a different room. This room was next to elevator & ice machine and noisy all evening. Cleaning of room left a lot to be desired. Restaurant, bar and room service closed due to low census. Advertise shuttle service to local restaurants but not on this day due to weather...it was raining. We were told to be in the lobby the next morning at 4am to get the shuttle to the airport. The problem is that the regular shuttle driver didn't make it into work due to bad weather but they did have a back up driver staying in the hotel. Unfortunately, he didn't come down to the lobby until 4:30. I did email the GM and the front desk manager but neither have responded. The one good thing about this place is the nice coffee makers in the rooms and it's proxcimity to the airport.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
jewelljane, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Little Rock-Airport-Conf Ctr, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

No excuses should ever be given in our business, as we are a 24/7 hotel and should always be ready for a full house of tired guests. Letting a lot of our employees spend Christmas at home with their familes didn't turn out so well this holiday. We had the "Biggest Snow Storm in Eighty Years" start that day and we tried our best to take care of stranded travelers. I can only apologize for the circumstances of the Blizzard and let you know that I would like to promise you that the next time you are in our lovely city we will show you our true Southern Hospitality.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

This is a very lovely hotel, very well decorated and lit. It is about a mile from the Little Rock Airport which makes it extremely convenient for an early morning flight. They also offer a shuttle from the hotel which runs on demand (although you should arrive 15 minutes early in case the shuttle is already en route to the airport). The room was very clean and comfortable. Do have caution when closing the door behind you upon leaving the room; we had an issue with the latch falling from the inside on its own. We returned to our room after 11 pm and were unable to gain entry because of the issue. The customer service representative there sent a maintenance worker up within 10-15 minutes who easily fixed the problem and we were able to gain access to our room with a minimum wait. However, upon checkout quite early the day of our departure, there was a queue of people waiting and I was quite surprised to find the gentleman attending the front desk was using his cell phone! I am sure the night and early morning can be quite tedious; however, it was quite disappointing when we were waiting to catch an early morning flight to be delayed by the unprofessional nature of the employee. All things considered, we will definitely be returning to the hotel the next time we have an early morning flight out of Little Rock!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple