“Best Hotel in Little Rock”
Review of The Capital Hotel

and 1 more site!
The Capital Hotel
Ranked #1 of 62 Hotels in Little Rock
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Best Hotel in Little Rock”
Reviewed February 17, 2010

Very beautifully restored old hotel downtown. Wait Staff was awesome. Front desk staff met and exceeded my every wish! Highly recommend!

Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Port Matilda, PA
Reviewed February 1, 2010

Beyond the beautifully refurbished (and maintained) facility itself, the staff was extraordinary. They made me feel more like a friend visiting for the week than a guest in a hotel.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed January 18, 2010

Very professional and courteous staff! The front desk had me booked for the next night, but they were very helpful in re-booking me, plus they upgraded my room. WOW is all I can say - it was a stateroom that ole' Bill Clinton would have loved! Huge, huge, huge room, massive four post king bed, sitting area and spotlessly clean and shiny bathroom. I was amazed with this room.
The hotel provided a pick-up in a nice Cadillac or Towncar, and the driver, John Alpe, was very personable and a fine driver. I cannot recommend their shuttle service more.
The restaurant has great atmosphere, just like the rest of the hotel, and the coffee is delicious. Service was a tad bit slow, but I think they were understaffed. They worked pretty hard, considering all.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Arkansas
Reviewed January 10, 2010

It was a bitter cold Saturday afternoon and we arrived at The Capital. From the Valet to the housekeepers, the service was what one would expect at a 5 Star hotel. Brandi Allen, the concierge, greeted me with the warmth that made me feel like she knew me all of my life. Very personable and eager to assit in anyway she could. Patrick Nuoci, the Guest Service Manager didn't even give a second thought to one question I had on the day of check out. I asked him if I could have the latest checkout possible, like 3 o'clock. He was very polite and said, "No problem Mister ******. Just when you are ready." As we were leaving the room, the housekeeper was walking up to the room and we told her we were sorry for a late check out and she smiled and was very gracious with her response. The staff here is incredible.

I have traveled all over the world, and this is hands down one of the finest hotels in the world. Sure there are great hotels that are uniquely appointed with fine antiques and grand trim and marble but do any of them offer what most consider to be true hospitality and that being 'Southern warmth and charm?' Not many if any. Many places outside of the South can't extend that type of service. Why? Simply because they are not in the South. There is something about the warm evenings and the feel of the air that makes even the most tired traveler joyful to be in the South. There are many grand hotels in New Orleans and one in Memphis but none offer the Southern Grace as The Capital. I could go on for paragraphs about how beautiful this place is but sometimes it is just best to let the building speak for itself.

As a Chef, I can tell you that the food here is OUTSTANDING. A nice thick center cut ribeye grilled to bleu was exactly how I would have made it. It was set upon a puree of blackeyed peas and garnished with turnip greens. Delightful. .Ashley's, their signature fine dining restaurant was closed so The Capital Bar and Grill was where I had dinner .

This hotel has history that makes for great conversation at the dinner table. Rumor has it that President U.S. Grant rode his horse up the stairs and had his horse stay in the room with him shortly after the hotel opened. Also, the elevator is one of the largest in the world and can hold close to 10,000 pounds. They, meaning 'rumorists' (I just made that word up) also say that it held the entire Arkansas state legislature once.

If you are visiting Little Rock for any reason, then this is the only hotel that you should consider. If you are a local, I suggest that you make time for your loved one and take them here for a special night that you will talk about for the rest of your life. The Capital is simply elegant with Southern Hospitality as its engine.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
Houston
Reviewed November 24, 2009

My wife and I attended the Capital's " A Tale of Two Farms" event this past weekend and it was a wonderful experience that, by far, exceeded our expectations. The hotel staff takes care of your every need from the time you arrive until you leave, the attention to detail is incredible. The chefs at the Capital are really on to something special focusing on great local food. We had breakfast, lunch, and dinner and all were outstanding meals! The icing on the cake was Little Rock, a great little town. We will definitely be back and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
oklahoma
Reviewed October 9, 2009

My husband and I stayed here overnight on our way to Birmingham. We were greeted with two bottled waters and our information was taken away from a traditional check in desk. We were escorted to our room so she could finish the check in process. I noted that this was not a king room, which I had reserved. Immediately she rectified the mix up and got us to the right room. The room was tastefully decorated and comfortable. We had breakfast in the hotel the following morning and loved the restaurant's ambience and sunlit view. The food was fabulous! The only complaint, which I did be sure to mention when we checked out, was that no one told us that there was coffee down in the lobby in the morning. When we woke up we wanted coffee, and since there are no coffee pots in the room, we ended up waiting until breakfast. Only after breakfast was over did we notice the large coffee urns set up on a wall in the lobby. It would have been a good idea for them to mention this to us at check in. But I also feel something should be in the rooms to let guests know this is available. Perhaps in a guest book or something. Other than that no complaints and we would definately go back. It is MUCH NICER than the Peabody Hotel across the street - and you can still go see the ducks and go back to your own beautiful old restored hotel.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank crosspawcat
Austin
Reviewed October 8, 2009

My colleague and I had booked our week long business trip at another Little Rock hotel, but were sorely disappointed after only one night's stay. We walked across the street to the Capital Hotel and as soon as we walked in, knew we had to move there.

We were greeted by everyone there with warm, genuine smiles and hellos, and an offer of bottled water (we had just come from a workout). The rooms were large, sunny and cheery and beautifully decorated. The hotel itself is magnificent - no detail was missed in its decor. Each person on the hotel's staff was more than accommodating – something extremely rare to find.

The food, oh the food! We had breakfast each morning at Ashley’s (trying a new dish each day with each exceeding our expectations) and dined nearly every evening at the Capital Bar & Grill (you've got to try the roasted chicken and duck entrees - SO delicious and exquisitely presented).

We arrived back to our room each evening to find our beds turned down and a delightful surprise on our pillow (which changed nightly). When was the last time you stayed in a US hotel with turndown service? Thank you to the Capital Hotel for making our Little Rock experience exceptional. We were sad to leave and will definitely be back, meanwhile continuing to recommend our experience to others.

P.S. Please open a location in Austin, TX. Thank you!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business