“Beautiful hotel!”

Ranked #1 of 62 Hotels in Little Rock
Memphis
“Beautiful hotel!”
Reviewed October 4, 2009

The Capital Hotel has been recently renovated, and it is BEAUTIFUL!! The rooms have fantastically high ceilings and are very well-appointed. The linens are Frette!! Very luxurious! The entire hotel was immaculately clean. It could be a perfect hotel for a romantic visit, too.
The hotel is within walking distance of great restaurants and the venue where we saw the Dave Matthews Band. It was a perfect location!
When we got back from the concert, we ordered room service. The menu was limited, but the service was very quick! We had breakfast in the restaurant the next morning and thoroughly enjoyed it!
My stay was very short, but if I ever need to stay in Little Rock again, I will definitely stay here.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Austin, TX
Reviewed October 4, 2009

My colleague and I were referred to another Little Rock hotel, but found disappointments at every turn. After only one night's stay, we ventured across the street to the Capital Hotel and found our nirvana. The rooms were clean, bright and tastefully decorated. Hotel staff was gracious, polite and accommodating – and always ready with a smile. The food was divine. We enjoyed breakfast each morning at Ashley’s and dined each evening at the Capital Bar & Grill. The turndown with secret surprises each night was delightful. Touché to the Capital Hotel for making our Little Rock experience exceptional.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank pdhill
Akansas
Reviewed August 31, 2009

I have stayed at several upscale hotels in my travels, but this is the first time that I have ever taken the time to write a review. This hotel is a joy from the minute you arrive till you leave for home. I cannot say enough good things about the service. Pleasant, Smiling, Happy. The room was very comfortable and clean. Frette linens on the bed and in the bathroom were divine. We made dinner reservations at Ashleys and had to wait 15 to 20 minutes for our table. The matri d' had champagne sent to our room in apology for the wait. This is the only place to stay in downtown Little rock

Arkansas Traveler
Reviewed August 31, 2009

My wife and I take elective stays in Little Rock as a way of resting together on the weekends. By my work I travel all over the world and am able to experience fine hotels in many contries and cities on six continents. Our recent stay at the Capital was unsurpassed. Every employee sought our comfort, our peace and our well-being. Both the Capital Bar and Ashley's (the internal restaurant) are superb. It is the total package, the way all the well-trained employees work together in this elegant surrounding, that impresses so much. And all this in a newly-rennovated and elegant historic building. In the state of Arkansas, the Capital is in a class by itself and from a world perspective, the Capital is at the highest level of hotel service. And I know of nowhere one can find this highest level at such a low price. WIth high ceilings and beautiful, restful decor, the Capital is a perfect place to gain a new lease on the upcoming week.

Harrison , Arkansas
Reviewed August 29, 2009

The renovation of the Capital Hotel is Perfection at its best. From personalized arrival bypassing check-in to every amenity ever seen in a hotel room, it was flawless. Deserving of the Top Trip Advisor Rating.

arkansas
Reviewed August 9, 2009

We just returned from an overnight stay at The Capital Hotel. This was our first overnight stay. (We have been to eat/drinks there before.) It was a very relaxing evening and morning. We took advantage of one of the packages--"Meet Me At The Capital" for our 33rd anniversary. From the minute the valet took our car to the minute the valet closed the car door as we departed, we felt spoiled and appreciated as guests. Service was prompt and friendly. The little extras--closet lights coming on when the door was opened, morning newspaper in a cloth bag on the door in the morning, fresh orchids in the room seating area and bath, bed turn down, etc.--made the stay very relaxing and reminded us that Arkansas does have class!
Our meal at The Capital Bar and Grill was delicious. We had breakfast room service, which arrived on time and still very warm. A wonderful stay in a gem of a hotel!

Alexandria, VA
Reviewed July 28, 2009

The best thing about this hotel was the decor and the features in the room. However, the service was terribly lacking during my stay. I arrived at the hotel at 6pm on a weekday and there was no doorman to great me, open the door for me, or help me with my bags. It was totally self-service all the way. Upon entering an older woman ran over and asked me if I was checking in, I stated yes and told her I needed valet service for my rental vehicle parked out front and there was no valet attendant at the door like a full-service hotel. She apologized and proceeded with my checkin and didn't even bother to give me a valet ticket like most hotels do nor did she explain the process for receiving breakfast as part of my package rate. When I got to the room, I opened the door and was pleasantly suprised with the decor, however, the room was freezing cold and there was no switch to turn off the AC on the digital thermostat. After freezing for a while I got frustrated and called the operator who connected me to guest services who seemed pretty clueless as to how to fix the problem. I asked to speak with the manager and was put on hold for several minutes at which time I hung up and called back and told the rep I wanted the MOD to call me back at once to resolve my issues. The MOD called me back rather quickly and took steps to address my issues, however, I felt his attitude and tone were very condescending and instead of taking responsibility for the poor service he chose to make excuses for it. While the hotel is nice, it does have shortcomings which you should be aware of.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank RenaS1
abradleyhole, Communications Manager at The Capital Hotel, responded to this review, August 10, 2009
At the Capital, we pride ourselves on providing unique and personal service in a way that far exceeds what travelers have come to expect from hotels. However, on rare occasions, we slip, and disappoint not just a guest, but ourselves.

Even when we’re not perfect, though, we still provide unexpected service. In fact, with this very guest, we most definitely made up for our momentary mistakes. Without even being asked, we comped all of this guest’s charges. She didn’t have to return home and make multiple phone calls to find someone who would help. She didn’t have to argue with someone in a corporate office. We immediately took responsibility, we apologized, and then we made it right.

While we very much regret that this guest wasn’t pleased with us, we think the numerous 5-star reviews and glowing praise from other guests speaks for itself. We are Trip Advisor’s #1 Most Popular Hotel in Little Rock for a reason. We hope that when you visit Little Rock, you’ll keep our outstanding track record in mind.