“Best hotel experience in a long, long time”
Review of The Capital Hotel

and 1 more site!
The Capital Hotel
Ranked #1 of 62 Hotels in Little Rock
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Best hotel experience in a long, long time”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

This beautiful, historic hotel gave us one of the best stays we have every had, and we've stayed in a lot of great hotels around the world. The people were wonderful and we felt so soothed and relaxed, so comfortable and coddled that I just want to move in and live there! We were there with a wedding group and I was so appreciative to the mother-of-the-bride for arranging this Little Rock serendipity! Food in both Ashley's and The Capital Grill were delicious--make sure you get some of their house-prepared bacon for breakfast.
The lobby and mezzanine are large and filled with comfortable furnishings. The is a great little Men's Shop, Bauman's, off the lobby. It has gorgeous high end clothing and it's pricey, but Fred was a great help and some of the items were on sale for a phenomenal value.
Service throughout our stay was exception and friendly; we never saw a sullen face nor a reluctant gesture. The staff members from every department were great. (I was told many were transplants from the New Orleans hospitality business that moved to LR after Katrina.)
I would give The Capital Hotel my very highest, unqualified recommendation.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank bmsalex

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 6, 2013

This is hotel is a must stay. Central location, kind staff, Historical physical plant. We want to go back...We felt welcome and wanted. The check in process was handled by Amanda and she is a star. In the Bar Tyson is amazing. The hotel has many quality staff members.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bradbutler
phoenix, arizona
Reviewed October 31, 2013

The staff called me 'Miss Gretchen' and I was a goner. Do people really still talk like that. Um, Yes. They. Do. At least they do at the Capital Hotel. I just spent four frenetic business days in a near perfect room with the most delicious hotel staff in recent memory. Lets start with their mixologist. I didn't catch his name but he made an epic Sidecar for me and it is one challenging drink for most. Then there is the Chef's transformative and mind numbingly delicious cheese dip. Apparently, an Arkansas phenom. I didn't eat it.....I inhaled it. The room was perfectly appointed with dreamy bedding and four (count em) pillows of varying firmness and a crisp white duvet. Heaven. I didn't just sleep, I floated on a cloud. Oh and just before drifting off to sleep on night one I found the divine handcrafted chunk of turn down toffee. Every interaction that I had with the people who work at the Capital was pleasant and efficient from the sweet maids to the Sales Department to the young doorman. They all seem so happy to be a part of such a gracious inn. I was there over a Saturday and I watched a high school freshman and his homecoming date being photographed for posterity by his Mother. She told me it was his first date. I mentioned the wonderful story to the woman at the front desk and she said, "Yes, the hotel is the prettiest place in Little Rock and many people come her to take beautiful pictures of important events." They were not guests in the hotel, simply a family wanting a lovely setting to record an important life event. And the Capital Hotel was honored to be a part of it. I love this place and I love these people. My only complaint? Better lighting in the rooms for guests who need to work. If you are headed to Little Rock, check in to this beacon of Southern Comfort. Tell them Miss Gretchen sent you.....

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank bossmare0077
Richardson, Texas
Reviewed October 30, 2013

The parking close to the hotel is very limited. You have to stop on the street in front of the hotel to check in. This is not really a big problem, because the valet service is Right there. We had driven in and wanted to check-in quickly and not even go up to the room, but go directly to get a bite to eat. I went in to check-in, hubby waited in the car. When I entered the hotel a lady rushed to me and wanted my name and info. I gave it to her and she came around the desk and wanted to "show" me the room. I felt this was really strange. I just wanted to get the key and leave so we could get something to eat. I tried to explain it to the young lady, her attitude was not the best. I asked her if there was a code for the wi-fi, she said, with a surly tone, that there wasn't a code and that it was FREE. I was shocked and disgusted at her attitude. We went ahead and valet parked, that night I needed something out of my car. The valet walked with us and would not even let us hold the key. What did he think we were going to do?????

On a better not, I FINALLY made it to the front desk, when I checked out. The man at the desk, Kevin, was very kind and nice. Too bad my first impression was ruined by the greedy concierge desk.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Karen B
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Little Rock was quite busy for an early weekday. I was in for business, and checked out the usual hotels. All of them were full! I checked my TripAdvisor app, and The Capital Hotel was ranked highest in the city. I read a dozen of the recent reviews, and was convinced. I booked a room for the night, and am glad I did.

The check in was effortless, and was completed in the room. The pecan toffee was exceptional, and the room impeccable. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a premium experience in Little Rock.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank survivor7777777
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
Reviewed October 22, 2013

My mother and I were on a road trip from St. Louis to Houston and made a stop in Little Rock at this hotel for one night. We didn't spend any time in the city itself but only at this hotel. Even though we had just had a terrible day of traveling our stop at this hotel was fun and relaxing.

The ceilings are incredibly tall giving a feeling of luxury and the beds are very comfortable. The 2 main things of note for my mother and I on the trip were 1) the way the staff went above and beyond to meet our unique needs and 2) the fabulous food at Ashley's restaurant.

Upon arrival to the hotel it was raining. My mother and I had been traveling with all of my things and my TV was strapped to the roof of the car. The tv box was wet from the rain. We asked if the hotel had covered valet parking and although it did not... The bellman offered other help. He took the tv off of the roof for us and in he security office to dry. Then the next morning the tv was strapped back on the roof and wrapped in plastic so it could weather the storms of our next trip. They were so helpful and acted without prodding or extra tip to help us out. I am so thankful for their help and would reccomend this hotel to any person. Simply exceptional!

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank Lauren B
Nixa, Missouri
Reviewed October 19, 2013

This is the place to stay in Little Rock. Close to everything. Beautiful rooms, service was excellent and the restaurant was a very nice experience. Highly recommended. A touch of history. One extra feature was having the trolley right in front of the hotel. Take it and have a nice short tour of the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family