“Great Weekend at the Capital”
Review of The Capital Hotel

and 1 more site!
The Capital Hotel
Ranked #1 of 64 Hotels in Little Rock
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I recently spent our 21st anniversary at the Capital Hotel. It was our first visit in exactly 21 years. We waited way to long to come back. We pulled up to park and the Bellman quickly greeted us and asked our names. A Representative immediately came out and led us to our room where we checked in inside the comfort of our room. The hotel is historic and beautiful, the service was exemplary, the room was great. We will not wait another 21 years to return.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank KBD87

Reviewed August 16, 2013

I fully understand all the raving reviews about this historic hotel. It is indeed full of southern charm and the staff very friendly and eager to please. However, we did have some issues that we feel that cannot go unnoticed.

We booked a virtuoso rate through our travel agent and had breakfast included in our rate. Our waiter however, would not let us order from the main menu. No the petit dejuner (some sort of continental breakfast) nor any other dish. Instead we were only able to pick some of the sides, like bread, juice, coffee and pastries. We did not challenge this, as the waited had checked it, but we are pretty sure this is not in line with the virtuoso luxury program.

In addition, our room was somewhat noisy, as it was a gap between the door and the floor. Noises from the hallway plus the slamming of neighboring doors (no soft lock mechanisms here) were very noticeable. Plumbing in the (rather small) bathroom seemed to be old, as we could easily hear water being used in the room next door. At night we were awoken four times by the passing trains, even though the hotel is not that close to the railway.

Lastly: We were offered NYtimes delivered at our door in the morning, and happily accepted. But no NYtimes was delivered the next morning.

All in all, a beautiful hotel to visit, but our concerns (which may not be that important to other guests) made this only an average experience.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank jens h
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My wife and I stayed for one night this month and from the moment we dropped off the car it just kept getting better and better. The hotel staff was professional and courteous, the room was clean, quite and had a very, very comfortable bed.
We had drinks in the afternoon at the Bar and Grill and then had a wonderful dinner there later. The atmosphere is relaxing and the rib eye is excellent with a glass of Eberle cab. Just a note, Ashley's is closed on Sundays.
We ordered a modest room service breakfast in our room and it was very good. It was hard to leave, but we will stay at the Capital the next time we are in town. Highly recommend this hotel!!

4  Thank rp-yp
Reviewed August 12, 2013

In every way, The Capital Hotel is simply elegant and excellent. You may find yourself measuring every other hotel by its high standards. From the beautiful lobby to the huge elevator to the spacious and beautiful room, every aspect of the hotel is exceptional. The hospitality extended by hotel employees exemplifies genuine Southern hospitality. The meals are excellent. A wonderful stay.

2  Thank Ross W
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I missed my flight and checked in to this hotel a day later. At the time I checked in, they were not going to charge for the day I missed. When I checked out after two hours of sweating in the room due to the lousy A/C, they charged me for two days. Before I checked out, I asked for a different room that is away from the sun! They refused...It was a $600 reservation, but they didn't bother to give me a different room.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank ddutch26
Reviewed August 9, 2013

The preservation of this historic hotel was incredible. I have never stayed in such a beautiful room. The beautiful room and courteous staff made my stay feel like a dream. The staff was very helpful and even printed out maps and suggested quality restaurants. I plan on staying at this hotel every time I come to Little Rock.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Ashley M
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Everyone else has already said it -- restored an old hotel to an elegant condition, with both fixtures and service to match, but you do pay for what you get. (Reacting to another review, we booked the room/parking/breakfast package, and our room was NOT tiny.)

4  Thank JiLy77