“Outstanding Food and Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Capital Hotel

The Capital Hotel
Ranked #1 of 62 Hotels in Little Rock
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Outstanding Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

On 04.23.13 I travelled from Raleigh NC to view the fabulous Clinton Library in Little Rock. My friend and I treated ourselves to a highly recommended "Ashley's" at the Capital on 04.25.13. The wait staff and food were outstanding . . . so much so, we returned for breakfast on 04.26.13. Again, we couldn't have asked for anything more. We had an immediate connection with Liz DeVore who kindly allowed us to photograph her and her adorable, whimsical hair design so I might have it duplicated upon my return to Raleigh. While we did not stay at the Capital this visit, I would not hesitate to stay there when I returned to Little Rock. Bottom line: You can only make a first impression ONCE and the Capital staff made a wonderful, delicious, comfortable impression on us! Thanks to all . . .

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Cary, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I visited Little Rock with a friend to see the Clinton Presidential Library, and while we did not stay in the hotel (much to our chagrin), we did have breakfast at Ashley's on April 26, 2013. We were so taken with the atmosphere, service, excellent food and hospitality, we returned the following day for another outstanding breakfast.
All of the staff was genuinely friendly and attentive. However, I would specifically like to mention and thank Ide Vore for her interest and patience with the two happy travelers from North Carolina. We took a number of photos of her for " copy chatting" her charming hair cut. Even in the hospitality business, IDE is an awesome draw. Thank you IDE!
We will definitely consider staying at the Capital Hotel. If the rooms are half as good and welcoming as the restaurant, Ashley's, we could not possibly have a bad experience. Thank you again to the entire staff, and especially to Ide. DEK. Cary, North Carolina

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Diane K
Galveston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

The Capital is the perfect blend of historic (high ceilinged rooms, grand lobby) and up-to-the-minute (wifi, charging stations, spacious bathrooms). It's distinctive from the minute you walk in: instead of waiting in line to check in, someone whisks you to your room and does the check-in process from there. I wish more hotels did this! Often in historic hotels there's a trade off; you get charm but give up some practical comforts, like ample lighting and electric outlets. Not at the Capital, which has a sleek modern bathroom with a great array of toiletries. Service is good, including speedy room service from a menu that doesn't gouge you for making that short trip upstairs. I've stayed across the street at the Peabody several times thinking the Capital was "old" but now that I've tried it, the Capital is by far my favorite.

Room Tip: I was in room 202, which faced a parking garage, so I'm sure there are rooms with better views...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a stand out in the city of Little Rock. Service was impeccable. Everyone from valet, front desk to housekeeping were all friendly and eager to make our stay special. Gorgeous hotel, clean and comfortable. The service we received outside of the hotel was horrible therefore if I ever visit Little Rock again, I will stay at this hotel but not venture outside of it!

• 3 of 5 stars
SEARCY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I recently stayed for a weekend getaway. We booked a "Meet Me at the Capital" package and it was well worth the extra rate. The package included dinner at the Capital Bar and Grill, breakfast at Ashleys, valet parking, and an additional room amenity. Upon arrival, we were greeted by name and rushed to our room. Check-in was completed in room which was a wonderful touch. Our extra amenity was a delicious berry plate with strawberries, blue berries, black berries and raspberries. Dinner was superb at CBG. My wife and I had the pimento cheese and crackers which were amazing. The soda crackers were made in house and by far the best cracker I've ever had. Our server told us that the cheese spread is served every year at the Master's Tournament. We both ordered salads. I ordered the catfish and my wife the baked chicken. Both were outstanding. We finished off our meals with banana pudding and a chocolate pie. Breakfast was even better with homemade butter, jams, and freshly squeezed orange and grapefruit juices. My wife had the ham and cheese omelet, and I had Ashleys signature dish chocolate french toast which was beyond words! The rooms were spotless and the turn down service was also a nice touch. My only suggestion is that the hotel offer on-demand movies. We wanted to purchase an in room movie, but this service was not offered. Overall, an amazing stay and experience. We will definately return.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Old fashioned but genuine and so comfortable. A perfect restoration appropriate for 21st century needs. An essential on any trip to the south. Close to the Clinton library and the old state Capitol is just across the street

• 4 of 5 stars
Texarkana, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We have stayed here many times for business and this hotel is really special. The staff, especially Billy Glasscock, run a top notch hotel that could be in any major city. The rooms are gorgeous. It is historic yet updated and you feel like you have really gone somewhere special when you stay here. Love sitting on the balcony on the second floor of the hotel and watching the world go by.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business