“Little Rock's 5 star hotel”
Review of The Capital Hotel

and 1 more site!
The Capital Hotel
Ranked #1 of 64 Hotels in Little Rock
El Dorado, Arkansas
“Little Rock's 5 star hotel”
Reviewed January 26, 2012

You can not beat this hotel in price, service or ambience. I have had the opportunity to stay at some great hotels around the world and The Capital can compete with them all and do it for a third of the price. The staff is friendly. The style of the hotel feels old world European, including Molton Brown soaps. The food, be it either at Ashley's or the Capital Bar and Grill, is palate pleasing. The location in downtown Little Rock is across from the convention center and with in a few blocks of the River Market. Then you throw in all the extras. Bottled water free. Daily paper even on weekends free. Wifi in room free. Praline dessert on pillow every night with turn down free. Hotels of this quality in any big market would cost over $500/night.

• Stayed January 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed January 26, 2012

I never stayed here during the time I lived in Little Rock, AR. I have been a repeat customer for the last 4 years. Making up for lost time. My favorite rooms face the old Excelsior Hotel and are on the 3rd floor. A stay in their Suite is fabulous. Old world charm.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank MissionTrip
Bossier City
Reviewed January 24, 2012

I wasn't sure what to expect upon arriving at the Capital... one thing's for sure... I didn't bring near enough tipping money. The staff @ the Capital is hands down five star. The amazing concierge greeted me by name the next morning in the lobby (& I'm no movie star.)
For the value, I have never stayed in a better hotel period (I'm looking @ you Embassy.. with your non-free wifi). I imagine it would demand triple the cost per room easy in more demanding markets (L.A. / N.Y. / etc.)

The one caveat was the valet only parking, which includes another hidden fee of $15. Hotels & hidden fee's... like bee's & honey. Even the valet's were impressive though. Tip cash! Don't forget the tip cash!!!

Oh... & the TV was a bit small for the monstrous room I enjoyed.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Old Greenwich, Connecticut
Reviewed January 20, 2012

Absolutely delightful hotel. Excellent room, nice dining room for breakfast, helpful staff. Centrally located. The old charm makes this worth the visit.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Conway, Arkansas
Reviewed January 19, 2012

My family and I have traveled all over the world. However, one of the most beautiful, elegant, warm, wonderful hotels we've ever stayed in is 40 minutes from our home at the Capital Hotel. Rich in history, understated elegance, and comfort, it stands out from the crowd. We feel very fortunate to have it nearby for an occasional indulgent, restful getaway.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank msiegel1022
Memphis
Reviewed January 15, 2012

I really wanted to give this hotel five stars. It's beautiful, clean, and convenient to a lovely section of Downtown Little Rock with a great market and an eclectic selection of family-owned eateries, shops and espresso bars. There is a nice balcony on the second floor that overlooks the streetcar (which makes a straight line to the River Market and all its cool breakfast spots). Really, it's just a perfect place to enjoy Little Rock. The staff was very kind, too.
However, some things happened during my stay that were unbecoming to a five star hotel, and, maybe, I will sound picky, but here they are:

1) When I went down to get coffee in the lobby at 10:30 AM, there was half a cup of dregs left in the urn, so I asked the desk clerk if we were near any espresso shops. She said that there was a Starbucks nine blocks away. I asked if there was anything closer and said that it did not need to be a Starbucks, and she directed me to the hotel restaurant. That didn't sound good to me, and I asked if she was sure there was nothing else nearby. She was sure, she said. I started the trek to Starbucks with my six year old, but he got tired, so I turned back. I figured I'd settle for the next batch of drip coffee in the lobby.
Ha!
There was no next batch. I told the desk clerk that they were out of coffee, and I went upstairs. When I came back down, there was no fresh coffee and no more urn, but the other front desk clerk had placed three styrofoam cups of coffee and a pitcher of cream on a tray and set it on the front desk. She was hip enough to recognize me as "guest who wanted coffee" and offered me two of the cups. I am 70% certain that the three cups contained the decaf that had been left in the decaf urn before my walk.
I am not ashamed to say that I have stayed in some sketchy hotels. Really. I have had pimps bang on my door at six AM. I have never been to a hotel lobby with no caffeinated coffee and no leads to nearby coffee.
I am going to step in and take over for the concierge at this point and tell you, the future guest, that, if you like coffee in the morning, there are a good three espresso shops/block as you approach the nearby River Market. Delicious coffee, too, starting at three blocks from the hotel and continuing on down. You can even take the streetcar.
2) The sheets were itchy and smelled faintly of Pine-Sol.
3) Our thermostat seemed partial to 69. There was nothing we could do.
4) The soap in the soap dispensers was that pearly, stinky stuff they have at truckstops, even though the lotion at the sinks was fancy.
5) There was no restaurant guide/directory in the room.
6) There was a channel menu, but many channels did not come in.

I still had a great time, loved the service, was knocked out by the decor (especially the tile), felt rested and safe (no mad early-bird pimps), and am really impressed by the little smoking balcony. It's a beautiful old hotel, just the right size, and just the right amount of disorganization. It feels very friendly, easy and comfortable for such a grand place, and I'd stay there again and again. I might bring my own French press and space heater next time, though.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank MsRoboto
tulsa
Reviewed January 15, 2012

First vist and will definitely return. Walked in they door and met by a charming lady with chilled bottle water who immediately called us by name and escorted us to our room-- no front desk.
Extremely large elevator,high ceilings and very wide corridors. Small thing is the lack of service carts--- instead they deliver a wicker basket with fresh linens which is covered and available for housekeeping. This is examples of the attention to detail throughout. Only 4 floors of rooms yet the lobby makes you feel you are in a huge place. Great bar with nice wine menu an Ashelys with a 15 douse service and 14 wines was a perfect weekend

• Stayed January 2012