WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Motel 6 Little Rock - West

Motel 6 Little Rock - West
Ranked #47 of 62 Hotels in Little Rock
Indiana
“Motel 6 had their light on for us!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I didn't make reservations for this part of our trip, so we were at the mercy of availability. We tried luxurious looking Comfort Inn first, but when they had only smoking rooms, we went to the Motel 6 next door. On the outside it was scary looking, but they had a room for an excellent price, so we hesitantly took it. When we opened the door to the king-size bedroom, we were pleasantly surprised! The room had laminate flooring, a beautiful sink that looked like marble, and a clean shower that I didn't hesitate to use. I felt like we'd walked into an expensive hotel accidentally! I'd definitely stay here again!!! Free wireless internet (no password required), free coffee in the morning (no breakfast).

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

This Motel 6 in West Little Rock was our first Motel 6 stay. We needed a cheap place to spend the night. Thanks to the reviews, this is what I expected. I knew from looking at other Motel 6's that they can be pretty rundown but thankfully this wasn't. We stayed in room 207. Like the past reviews say, this Motel 6 was partially remodeled. Bathroom wasn't really remodeled but fit the bill for 1 night. Towels were just fine to me. They only provide soap; no shampoo or conditioner. Staff were extremely nice and caring. The TV's are the standard tube type with not a lot of channels but pretty basic. The only problem I had was bait-and-switch pricing. We saw an online quote for around $40. The light outside their property said around $44.99. We got our statement saying it'd be $47.99 from what I remember. Overall I would recommend this Motel 6. They left the light on for us.

Room Tip: Choose a place where you can easily get to your car when you check out.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank thelooker
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

Friendly staff. Arrived without reservation after 9pm and received a room with king bed that smelled of smoke with cigarette burns for $53. I asked for a non smoking room .I don't think it was supposed to be a smoking room. Every corner has dirt caked in it. The sink is the only thing that looks renovated. They said every room was renovated when i called to get a rate. No fridge or microwave. Tv is small and old with a fuzzy screen. They do have a security guard walking around who is supper nice. She made feel better about staying. Tub looks dirty with stains. It was quiet. Going on down the toad I wont stay at a m6 again. Ill spend another $20 and stay at a comport inn.

• Stayed July 2012
Tulsa, Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

I needed a place to rest my head after being tired and having 4 more hours before reaching my final destination. This Motel 6 is in a decent area surrounded by other hotels and fast food restaurants. My room was simple, but clean and met the expectations that I have of other Motel 6's I have stayed in. I especially appreciated the free wi-fi service which is rarity in the other locations in this chain that I have stayed In recently. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

Pluses: free wi-fi; fridge and microwave in room; comfy bed.
Minuses: bathroom old; no coffee pot; no seating other than 1 chair at desk.

If you want an inexpensive place to stay, this motel meets your needs. Maybe it was our particular room, but the bathroom area needs work. Something was splattered all over the wall. Looked like it needed a good scrubbing or repainting. The only renovation I saw was a brightly painted wall and a new sink/counter.

Overall, acceptable for the price.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Wilton, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

The only area I really know about Little Rock is the area by Baptist Hospital. I live 2 1/2 hrs away but I had to catch an early AM flight. I was already going to be spending lots of money in Washington DC so I didn't want to spend a lot at a hotel in Little Rock. My husband stayed here a few times while working at Baptist. Granted when I got to the area, I could see other nicer places, but I took my chance at this Motel 6. I cannot complain. It wasn't the greatest but it had a comfortable bed and the shower pressure was great on the 2nd floor. I was only there 7 hrs so it was fine. No fridge or microwave but I didn't need them anyway. I did have to beg for an extra pillow, and they weren't the greatest, but it was fine. I reserved a queen-size bed room, and they "upgraded" me to a king-size, same price.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank crazy7mom
Kutztown, Pennsylvania
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,835 helpful votes
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2012

Nice large room on first floor on quieter side away from Interstate, comfortable beds, fridge, microwave, free wifi, new color scheme and paint, better lighting, new flooring. Still with old TV and limited channels. Outside of doors need work as does older tub. Good internet rate of $42 for rwo persons. Can walk a few steps to Subway for breakfast/lunch. Overall a good 2 night stay.

Room Tip: Quieter on east side away from Interstate.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple