“Adequate Hotel for Vacation or Business”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Downtown Conference Center
Ranked #30 of 64 Hotels in Little Rock
Austin, Texas
“Adequate Hotel for Vacation or Business”
Reviewed April 9, 2007

For a two day vacation to Little Rock, we stayed at this hotel. It's a pretty standard hotel, nothing seedy or dirty about it. It has a free parking garage, a crappy tv, and semi hard beds. The staff are friendly, the maid service thorough, and the bathroom is a decent size.

The entertainment street (President Clinton) is about a quarter mile away, so within walking distance. However, I wouldn't recommend single women walking home late at night as there are a few unsafe blocks between the entertainment Ave and the hotel.

Not bad for what we paid - $75 a night.

• Liked — Location, Price
  • Disliked — Hard Beds, Crappy TV
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank mortal888

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 25, 2006

The hotel is OK, clean and presentable to say the least. Shame there is nothing very close by and there didn't seem to be anyone staying there either.

• Liked — Cheap
  • Disliked — Very sterile atmosphere
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay close to the River Market area for things to do
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Southwest Virginia
Reviewed March 14, 2006

I really enjoyed my stay at the Clarion on Broadway. I made my reservation online and chekin was fast with no problems. The Front desk employee were great and very accommodating and helpful. This hotel has an onsite bar/restaurant, service in the evening is a little slow but nothing to get excited about. In the morning they have breakfast buffet and the morning attendant is very friendly and attentative to your every need. The rooms were very clean - no problems at all here ( not dirty and definately not a drug infestive flop house. We parked in the parking garage and felt safe and did not see or have contact with any panhandlers. All in all this is a very clean and nice hotel with a great staff. I would definately recommend this establishment to anyone who is traveling to Little Rock.

• Stayed March 2006
4 Thank SneakinDeacon
Farmington, Missouri
Reviewed February 5, 2006

We got a great deal on this hotel, at about $97/night (includes tax). At that rate, this was a great hotel.

The minuses: Took about 5 minutes for the water to get hot in the shower, and the pressure wasn't that great (although the shower was nice and spacious). There was no hotel information in the room, so room service was out. Our TV's color reception was screwed up, giving the images a purple-orange tint no matter how much we tinkered with the remote's menu. The views aren't that great from the top floors, either, but that's Little Rock.

The pluses: You can walk anywhere and everywhere (it helps that the major attractions-- Old Statehouse, Clinton library, MacArthur Park, Arts Center, Rivermarket, etc.) are conveniently located near each other). And we felt safe. The beer in the bar was relatively inexpensive by hotel standards, and a trolley car that meets in the front will shuttle you about town. The bathrooms are attractive, with granite countertops and nice lighting, and a magnifying makeup mirror that pulls out from the wall. Parking is fairly convenient, and we experienced no panhandlers (it was a bit cold, though).

All in all, the Clarion helps us achieve a relatively inexpensive weekend getaway. They helped make Little Rock ROCK!

• Stayed February 2006
2 Thank Shaas
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 8, 2005

I am not sure what hotel the two previous travelers stayed at, but their notes and ratings were inconsistent with what I found. I just returned (9 October) from a conference which they hosted and was very pleased with my experience. Don't expect a luxury hotel, but I found it to be a very satisfactory standard hotel. The parking garage was immediately behind the hotel and you only had to cross an alley (limited access alley) between the parking garage and the hotel - about 10 yards at most. There were absolutely no panhandlers nor did I see where ones would have located themselves between the garage and the hotel. I found no problems with the temperature of the water and the room was kept as clean as a normal hotel. I used the wireless high speed internet connection without a problem and they offer hardwire high speed access if you do not have a wireless card. The only adverse comments I had were that one lamp did not have a bulb in it and a collegue of mine had a dirty glass in his bathroom. Neither of these would I consider totally unexpected at what I would describe as standard accomodations. Although I normally stay at another hotel chain when I travel, I would have no problem staying here again if the situation presented itself.

• Stayed October 2005
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed August 12, 2005

Date of visit: 9 August 2004 on a 100 degree day.
This Clarion Hotel on Broadway in downtown Little Rock might as well have been a flop house for drug dealers and homeless people. The air conditioning in the hallways and lobby was not working adequately. There were fans on each floor to circulate the air. If you want breakfast, there is a McDonalds with lots of bustling activity next door. Supposedly there is a bar and restaurant at the hotel, nobody occupied the seats in that area but then again, the air conditioning was not adequate. On three different occasions, walking between the garage and the hotel, different people asked us for money. The carpets in the lobby and elevators have dark stains on them. The TV reception is almost like they have no cable and are using an antenna. The reception that you are allowed is edited by SkyAngel. There was no hot water--lukewarm was all there was. When we asked the front desk where the workout room was, we were told it was next door and that they only had one key and a person was using it. We finally found the workout room on the second floor. All of the plug in lights were unplugged. When we got to our rooms, which had been reserved in advance, the air conditioning was not on--sauna rooms is what we found. Luckily, after 2 hours, the air cooled enough to be bearable.

3 Thank PlayfulPlatypus
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 10, 2005

My company booked me and several co-workers in this hotel because it was within walking distance of the place we would be working. When I was checking in I asked for a mini fridge since we would be there an extended period of time. I was told that they did not have them for the regular rooms, only suites and there were none available. However, a co-worker, whose reservation was made at the same time as mine, was given one without a problem.

Parking is behind the hotel and across the alley. I was panhandled three times in less then 24 hours. It is a long way from the parking lot to the hotel so if you decided to stay here, unload from the front doors! Although we were only working 3 blocks away, I was not about to carry my coach briefcase.

The rooms had an above average appearance, however, the bedside lamps in my room did not work, I did not have an alarm clock, and the television reception was absolutely horrible. One of my co-workers couldn't get the internet to work in his room. There was no information about the hotel in the rooms that gave pool hours and the fitness room was not easy to find, I had to ask at the front desk. Another co-worker was told the fitness "room" was across the street and they only had one pass and someone was using it?!?!?!

After calling the Peabody and finding out they would honor our rates, we moved first thing the next morning.

• Stayed August 2005, traveled on business