New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Downtown Conference Center

La Quinta Inn & Suites Downtown Conference Center
Ranked #31 of 61 Hotels in Little Rock
Roland, OK
“Great location, staff needs training”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

The hotel is located a couple blocks right off the interstate. Very easy to get to and find from anywhere in the city because it sits next to one of the tallest buildings in downtown. It's next to a McDonalds and other eateries and a convenience store.
The staff always seemed confused and had to run back and forth from the desk to the managers office everytime they were asked a question. Not just by us, but with everyone who approached them.
One night (we stayed 3) there was a group across and down the hall from us that was very loud. They yelled and laughed and argued and hollered all night long. They stomped up and down the hall relentlessly. At 3am I went down to the lobby to complain. I found no one there, but a note that said "Be back in 10 minutes, Gone to run an errand for Guest." The security cop was sitting at the public computer with his feet kicked up on the table looking out the window. I wasn't sure if he was on or off duty. I waited in the lobby for the clerk to return. He arrived with 2 other men carrying bags of burger. They were loud and crude, making vulgar remarks about the women at some club they'd been to. The clerk recommended the Jazzy Club to them because he said he sings there. They talked about the waitress and her reputation and her short miniskirts, and mentioned what it barely hid. I didn't see the point in complaining to this guy. I went back upstairs and the last time I looked at the clock it was 4am. They people across the hall were still partying down.
The room was not spotless, but I don't ever expect them to be. The night stand had trash from a previous guest in the drawer. The beds were extremely comfortable! I slept like a baby in it the two nights when the noisemakers from across the hall were absent. They kept us a nice supple of towels and cups and coffee. Cudos to the staff that takes care of the room.
Breakfast was good. They offered muffins, toast, cereal, waffles, eggs, sausage, etc. The problem was they didn't heat them well. The sausage and eggs were cold, even inside the warmers! We had to place our sausage on the waffle iron to heat it up. The breakfast staff said they didn't want anyone to get burned. (?) Nonetheless, the lady that worked the breakfast was always friendly.
Bottom line, I would choose another hotel in Little Rock. This one was just average and unpersonable. I worry about the pool... why did it fail a health inspection?

Room Tip: Do not stay here for full price.. $85* plus per night. I would only stay through Priceline and frank...
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Fort Smith, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I found the room to be very clean and comfortable. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful.

The drawbacks were that in the three days I was there, the coffee service that was provided in the room was never replenished. Nor was the shampoo. I'd expected to return to the room each day and find it restocked as it is in other hotels. Not so.

Also, a pair of (cheep) earrings has come up missing. I realized this when I was packing up to leave. I assumed at the time that I'd stuck them in a back which I'd already packed away and so I didn't say anything to the staff at checkout. However, when I got home and went through all my things, the earrings are just gone. They weren't valuble, so it isn't a big deal. But a good mental note for future reference.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Doddridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

My wife and I found this to be a great hotel and the best staff ever. They were friendly and helpful.... Knew the best places to eat and helped us get there with the hotel shuttle. We will definitely stay there again

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Nashville,TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We had a great night on the way to Texas. The room was huge, clean and cool.
The only glitch was we had to walk the dog down the street to McDonald for a potty stop.
Breakfast was great, I just wish they started before 7 on Saturday morning. We would have liked to on the way to Tyler by 06:30.

Reston, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I stayed at this hotel because I needed to be within walking distance of the Pulaski County Admin building, and this was a great location for that. From the time I hopped on the free hotel shuttle until I headed back home, the staff made my stay as comfortable as possible. When I noticed the room they put me in stunk like an ashtray, Mike the desk manager got me to a clean room immediately. Macy the shuttle driver was like my own personal chauffeur who drove me to the River Market and local eateries with just a quick request at the front desk. She made some great suggestions for dinner!

The room and hotel amenities were nothing fancy, but comfortable. I appreciated the fridge and microwave in the room, and the wireless signal was strong enough to stream video. The complimentary breakfast had a lot of great options, including hot items. I had my first-ever biscuits and gravy breakfast here! The location allowed me to walk to the River Market in about 10 minutes, which I did a couple of times.

My only suggestion would be to mention on the hotel website that you need to call to request a shuttle pickup at the airport. I assumed it ran on a schedule, so I waited over 10 minutes at the shuttle dock before calling. The only negative to my stay was that the only treadmill in the fitness center was broken - it wasn't a major dilemma, I just used an elliptical! Overall, this was a very pleasant stay and gave me everything I needed to make my week comfortable. The staff is very caring and does a great job with their customers.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We enjoyed the cleanliness and the staff. Check- in was easy and efficient and the staff gave us a good restaurant recommendation in walking distance.
This hotel is close to the Clinton Library, Heifer International and the Central High Civil Rights Museum.
We were surprised at how good the breakfast was, hot sausage and scrambled eggs.
We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Branson, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Was very dissappointed in the condition of the room when we checked in. Found pubic hair in bed and beds not changed from previous guest as neither bed was made the same and one bed had sheets flipped. Urine in floor of bathroom and around base of stool; mirrors dirty, soap in shower. Carpets very dirty and had several cig burns. Room very dusty and just plain dirty. The Executive Housekeeper is getting paid way to much for not doing their job. Checked out shortly after checking in. Would not stay here again.
This is a hotel that is used by the VA for patients when they are scheduled for doctors visits; it is a shame that our veterans are treated this way.

Room Tip: Check room before you pay for it!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business