“Helpful staff, great location.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Downtown Conference Center

La Quinta Inn & Suites Downtown Conference Center
Ranked #32 of 61 Hotels in Little Rock
A TripAdvisor Member
“Helpful staff, great location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We booked out stay here last minute over the phone while we were driving from San Antonio to Michigan. Reservation process was very easy, we chose this hotel because they are pet friendly. We had a big UHAUL to park when we got there and the hotel provides an oversized vehicle parking lot across the street so we had no problems. The hotel provides a shuttle service that takes you around the downtown area and picks you up for free, 24 hours a day. As we didn't know the area, the driver recommended a place for us to have dinner and get drinks. The entire staff was very helpful and friendly and based on that and the convenient shuttle service, I would stay here again if I ever find myself in Little Rock. We did experience some cleanliness issues. The shower was disgusting and looked like it had not been cleaned (dirt on the bottom). We were too exhausted to call the front desk about it once we noticed and just put a towel down.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I wasn't thrilled with the location. There are a few fast food restaurants around, and lots of seemingly transient people in the area. The full time security guard in the lobby of the hotel tipped me off that this might be an "interesting" area.

The hotel seems old, and probably is. But there are some cosmetic things they could do to update/freshen up the place.

The room worked for us. The highlights were the fridge and the microwave (some nicer hotels don't have this) and the free wifi (which also isn't common at some nicer hotels).

If you're looking for value, and you won't be in Little Rock long, it's fine. However, if for some reason I ever end up in LR again, I will stay in the Riverwalk area which is nicer and more developed with more options for dining/shopping.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kristopherowens
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Friendly staff at check-in. Had an issue with a stuck fan that ran all night and they changed my room with no problem. Nice breakfast in the am and a very friendly Shuttle Driver by the name of Michael. Each am Michael made sure I had a complimentary USA Today and asked if I needed a ride anywhere within a 4 mile radius. The only negative side was it's a pet friendly hotel. A barking dog started up in the am on my second night this caused me again to change rooms. For the price I paid and the location this hotel was 2 thumbs up!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tucson85715
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

The value was excellent! The hotel was conveniently located with a free shuttle to downtown nightlife. They were very dog-friendly and showed no discrimination towards our Doberman. The pet area is a bit small but what do you expect for downtown. The breakfast was quite impressive for a hotel of this price!
*Not to be missed is the soothing sounds station on the TV. Really made for a relaxing night!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Fayetteville, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Business trip to Little Rock's downtown area. Speedy check in with a warm greeting in a spacious lobby that looked really nice. This hotel is located in a very urban area with multiple homeless people roaming in the alley behind. I would not allow my wife to go to the car after dark. The room was outdated and looked kinda like it was out of the 70's. Nice flat screen TV. The linens looked wrinkled but smelled clean. Weird smell from one of the pillows like body odor? Mold growing on the shower curtain, a used bar of soap that I disposed of. The bed was comfy. Our toilet would not flush unless you lifted the back off and dipped your hand in water? My wife witnessed a cockroach downstairs near the breakfast area so we decided against the free breakfast. This is maybe a 2 star, if anything it is a 1.5 star. I will not stay here again!

Room Tip: The rooms along Broadway Avenue will have heavy traffic you will hear during the day and early eveni...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank kgbnfx

Travelers are raving about these Little Rock hotels

San Antonio, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

They were doing plumbing repairs so it could be forgiven if they would have said something at check in. Typical older laquinta. I asked them to email me a receipt but that did not happen. I called today to request another one but the clerk was busy with a customer and as I gave her my email she kept saying uh huh but I dont think she wrote anything down. Wouldn't be my first choice when I return in three months

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business