“Not aVetran Friendly Place”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Downtown Conference Center
Ranked #30 of 64 Hotels in Little Rock
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I had the VA Hosiptal provide me with a room for the night as I had 2 appomintments 2 days in a roll, the second day being surgery.I finished up the first day around 1:30pm,so i went to the Inn thinking I would get rested up for the next morning only to find out that I couldnot check in until 3, so i sat down on one of their sofa"s in the lobby (with dirty blinds) and started thhour and half wait, all would have been ok but around 2:15 a young man and an older man (who was also a veteran)(these 2 were not together) and were promptly told no check in until 3.
The Vetran like me found a sofa and sat down, the young man then proceded to get checked in and got room keys and went got cloths from car went to room.Later about 2:30 a much older man entered and like us told not until 3,as us he sat down, not evet 5 minutes pased another person enmter no check in until 3 ....but then checked him in...
i would say that they are not Proud of the Men and Womeen who have and will always fight for out country.
I will not stay there again if I have to I will sleep in my car.

p

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Amanda C, Director of Sales at La Quinta Inn & Suites Downtown Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

I was very concerned about this when I read your feedback. Being a proud Air Force wife myself I have the MOST respect for all of the Vets that have served our country. You all have a special place with me. I went to my GM concerned to get answers. I am the new Director of Sales so I was not yet familiar with all of the VA policies. This is what I was told . The VA has strict rules of us letting anyone check in before 3pm because they were having issues of people coming in early, getting a room and sleeping through appointments. This is NOT a LaQuinta rule. While I do not agree we have to follow their guidelines . This is something that needs to be addressed to the VA. I do hope you will come back and give LaQuinta another chance. My email is lq2010dos@laquinta.com and would love to hear any other concerns you may have. In ending this I would like to say "Thank you" for the service you gave our country and I would be proud to have you in our hotel.

There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Downtown Conference Center

A TripAdvisor Member
Denton, Texas, USA
Reviewed July 18, 2012

The people at this hotel were so kind and caring during our lengthy stay due to the hospitalization of our newborn grand daughter! They helped us in so many ways to assure our comfort and to welcome us. Our room was cleaned under the wonderful supervision of Michael (head of housekeeping). Katie, the Front Office Manager was so thoughtful in meeting our hotel needs, and Debra and Angie served breakfast each morning in such a cheerful and loving way! It meant so much during a very difficult few weeks away from our home! God bless all at La Quinta!!

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you so much for taking the time to give positive feedback. I'm proud to say I have an amazing staff that I wouldn't trade for a minute. I hope the outcome of your stay was positive and I hope the next time you are in Little Rock you will stay with us again! Thanks again and yes..... God bless!!!!!! :)

A La Quinta traveler
Pompano Beach, Florida, USA
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Reviewed July 7, 2012

My family and I stayed here for The ATA Taekwondo World Championships, room, staff, and breakfast were GREAT! Pool area a little small, but I will definetly stay again! Best Laquinta I have stayed in! Excellent place, great location!

Room Tip: Look around when checking in, you can probably rate the cleanliness.
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Staff is awesome. The hotel: not so much. Stains in the carpets. The gym equipment is rusty, old, and clinks. Make sure you have had your tetanus shot before attempting this gym. No free weights. Two rickity ellipticals, 1 treadmill, 1 recumbent, junky, bike. Good location. Lots of places to eat and close to downtown. Breakfast bar is mediocre. If you like a giant carb fest, this is your place. All the waffles, cereals, Danishes, to put a person in diabetic coma.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Hotel was really nice with plenty of fast food close by. The room was nice but because I was traveling with my dogs, they put us in a pet friendly room. Well, it stunk like dog pee from all the dogs that stayed there. Rugs were stained too. We stayed at other la quintals that were much cleaner

1  Thank Heather T
Reviewed June 16, 2012 via mobile

This was a great location for us from Children's hospital. They offered patient discount for guest stay. Breakfast was wonderful with tons to choose from. They had shuttles to the children's hospital. Shuttles to take you to the historic district and pick you up. We had a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: July 2011