“Great Stay!!!!”

Courtyard Little Rock West
Ranked #29 of 64 Hotels in Little Rock
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Great stay! We were located in a great area. Our room was clean. The bed was so comfortable! I enjoyed it because you don't have to go far to eat, or shop.

• Stayed: February 2012

Reviewed November 21, 2011

Rooms were clean, staff was very friendly. Breakfast was extra but it was very good and worth the cost. My husband had to go to a local shop and have brakes put on the truck and they let us stay in the room past checkout time until he returned. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We booked this hotel on line through Priceline. Got a good price but I guess you get what you pay for. Nothing. Breakfast was not included in price. They actually had someone standing by the counters at the breakfast area requesting your room number to see if you have paid for breakfast. Priceline doesn't give you an option whether you want breakfast or not. So we were told if we wanted to eat there it would be $11.99 per person. Are you kidding me????? So we called like we were inquiring about a room and were told if we wanted breakfast included with our room it would be $10.00 per night extra. But since we booked through Priceline the cost was $11.99 per person. We will never stay at another Marriott because of this one bad experience. Room was small. Nothing fancy for a 3 star hotel. You can get better deals at other places.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2011

This is an older courtyard but it is clean and safe. The rooms are large and the first floor has patios so you can unload you car by the patio door *(great for road trippers)! The staff is friendly as they greeted me with Silver Hershey kisses since I was a Silver rewards member. The breakfast is based a breakfast buffet with the traditional offerings like grits, eggs, bacon and sausage with gravy. We booked the room with breakfast for 2 included in the fee and it was worth it. We will definitely stay again if we drive through Little Rock!

Room Tip: Get a patio room on the first floor if you are on a road trip to make unloading your car a little ea...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank kimborkr
Reviewed June 28, 2011

Which was just a place to sleep. Close to several restaurants and movie theaters which was nice since we were just passing through. A little musty smelling/feeling but I'm sure that's a product of age and not cleanliness.

Room Tip: Always check for discounts (military, AARP, etc.)
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 10, 2011

A friend and stayed here in April '11 and we were both very skeptical based on the previous negative reviews. Also, I had booked this on Priceline and had previously stayed at another disappointing Courtyard (different city) also through. The check-in was easy - the attendant asked for our preference on rooms and kindly gave us a room away from travelers with children. The lobby is nice - there are snacks and drinks for purchase, two high speed computers with a printer and table space, a nice dining area and extra chairs. There is also a conference room, small fitness facility (2 or 3 treadmills, an elliptical, free weights), washer and dryer with free detergent upon request, indoor hot tub and outdoor pool (pool wasn't open yet). Our room had 2 double beds, a flat panel LG t.v., small coffee maker, hair dryer, desk and chair. Everything was very clean and the beds and feather pillows were very comfortable, something I'm picky about! The bathroom wasn't huge, but fine (and clean). For the price we paid (sixty five a night) I think this was an excellent value. The only things I would suggest is 1) adding another mirror by the desk so when one person is using the sink, another person can be getting ready in the bedroom area, and 2) a refrigerator. Besides these minor things, a great hotel I would recommend for business or leisure, great location - just off 430 and 630 and 10 minutes from downtown. There is some construction at that interchange so ask for directions.
Yes, there is breakfast available for a fee, but I would rather have the option to pay for it instead of having it added into my room rate. The Embassy Suites has a "free" breakfast that I would have opted out of - powdered eggs, cheap pancakes, pastries straight out of the box.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank khot
Reviewed November 28, 2010

My family stayed here for two nights. I can't say we had the same problems that other travelers had, but I don't think it was worth the money, either.

The good: we needed a later checkout so my 3 year old could get a nap in, and the general manager was very helpful in accommodating us.

The bad: we were told that because we used our AAA discount, our breakfast would not be free. From what others have said, there is no free breakfast at all here, so I'm not sure if the discount was the reason, but that's what they told us. We've never, in any hotel we've stayed at, had a free breakfast refused because we've used AAA. Also, the staff tended to ignore the "do not disturb" sign we placed on our door.

Bottom line, it was in my opinion, an expensive stay and we didn't get what we paid for. There are many other hotels in Little Rock, next time we're in town we'll be choosing one of the other ones.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family