“Lovely Little Hotel”

Ranked #3 of 64 Hotels in Little Rock
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Lovely Little Hotel”
Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a week while looking for a house. This hotel was part of a package deal. I was so surprised--the hotel is very pretty, and my room spacious and comfortable. There are three floors, reached by a glass elevator. The rooms are arranged around an inner courtyard--no dark hallways. The on site restaurant, Table 28, is a must! The hotel staff is very helpful and attentive. Breakfast made to order is served in the lovely inner courtyard each morning, hosted by the delightful Brenda. Brenda is a treasure, and you will leave each day with a smile on your face because of her. I would definitely stay again!

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank WhiteRaven8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Versailles, Missouri
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Everything was great from the size of room to the breakfast and service to being clean to location to funeral home and church to friendly and professional staff. Very happy with my stay. I wish I would have had more time to relax in my room and wish I could have taken advantage of the complimentary glass of wine. I definitely would stay there again if I was in Little Rock.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank dioneg324
SWANSBORO
Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

We booked off the good reviews, but were disappointed that the hotel didn't warn us that they were in the midst of renovations. In a month or two, I am sure it will be nice, but nothing is comfortable or classy about a construction site. Call before booking.

Stayed May 2014
2 Thank JORDAN M
Ridgeland, Mississippi
Reviewed May 5, 2014

We were in Little Rock for a wedding and I found this hotel on priceline. The reviews were good and the price was right and it was close to the church. The decor is slightly odd but very clean and charming. The staff was so friendly and accommodating. Our room had an interesting layout, but it was extremely clean and had everything we needed. The shampoo, conditioner, soap, and lotion smelled so good. I wish I could find them. Our greatest find was the restaurant located in the hotel. Table 28 was THE BEST restaurant experience. The menu is so creative and varied. The food was insanely delicious and our server, Jim, was the bees knees. He took care of everything and was so friendly and professional. I cannot say enough good things about this restaurant. Order the diver caught scallops and for dessert the pig and chocolate is a MUST!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Morgan L
Seattle, United States
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Wait 4 months before booking into this hotel. Construction will be finished at that time. Staff did their best to accommodate guests in this bad situation, but there wasn't much they could do about the noise level or quality of food and eating area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Rick N
Queens, New York
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Cons:
I tried booking a stay through the hotel's website at bestlittlerockhotel.com but it stopped me, saying while the room was available, there was a problem. Hmmm.
So, I called the hotel directly and they were very nice and booked the stay.
Later, I had a question, so I called the 800 number and they said they couldn't access the booking. Weird! I've made many reservations directly at the location and they always get recorded with Central Reservations. To boot, Central had a lower rate!
I called the hotel back and they had my reservation and were just great about honoring the lower rate...but what if I hadn't called the 800 number?
Plus, when you book through any hotel's world system, INCLUDING Best Western, you get confirmation emails, critical hotel info advised on the phone and electronically, even timely e-reminders about your upcoming stay. Not here. Also, you don't get a statement when you check in!

As for the stay itself, I didn't like the small fitness room (you do get access to a nearby facility when it is open) or the glass bathroom door, through which you can see silhouettes.

Pros:
Staff is very hospitable and interested in your good experience, on the phone and in person. The room was spacious and well-appointed, and the beds were comfortable. The location was convenient and the building was nice enough to look at, inside atrium, and outside. The restaurant was fine. This is a 100% non-smoking hotel, which clinched my selection decision, as other hotels along this part of our path varied on this.

I also appreciate when management responds nicely to tripadvisor feedback, as this hotel's management has to past reviews. That kind of care is usually one indicator the stay will be good enough, as this was for us. Start your reservation by calling the 800 number and go from there.

Room Tip: ***!! Book through 1-800-564-2515 to get best deal and relevant emails.****