“VERY WIERD”

Ranked #45 of 63 Hotels in Little Rock
Christiansburg, Virginia
“VERY WIERD”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My husband and I were traveling through Arkansas on way to Natchez, MS and thought we would stop and sightsee a little in Little Rock. Checked internet for Hotels in the area not far from interstate. Good reviews for this one so booked it a week ahead of
planned stop. Got there, checked in and was given a room that had window raised about 6 inches, thought this a bit odd since it was ground level. Kind of odd smell when we went in and AC was not on so thought maybe reason. Shut window and turned on AC. Internet did not work, front desk had no clue, said someone had gone into town and would be back within 30 min to check. The longer we stayed in room the more offensive the smell became and our eyes and nose were burning, began to taste odd taste in our mouth. Decided to pack up and ask for refund as we might really be sick with breathing whatever all night. Girl at front desk had no clue as to why the window was up or the smell. Called manager and she said she had raised it two days prior and had not rented the day before.....why in the world did they rent to us? Not a busy place and I had made reservations ahead!!! Refunded our money but never explained reason for raised window or oder in room!! Not recommend at all! Not sure Super 8 Hotels will be on our list of places to stay again! 8-20-12

Room Tip: Go smell the rooms and check floors/carpets for dampness and or oders
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Phoebe P
mraman, Manager at Super 8 Little Rock/North/Airport, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you for your review in regards to your experience at our hotel. We strive to meet guest expectations and apologize that your experience was not the best. Windows of guest rooms are left open for air circulation, and are done in groups. We, as all hotels, have an on-going deep clean process. With that said, a guest room is rentable when the window is open.

Internet is password protected for our guests to access the highest speed possible. Being a hotel in a high-traffic area, we would prefer that our guests get access to the internet and no one else. For this reason, we have password protected internet. The password can only be obtained if you call the front desk from a guest room. On behalf of the staff at our hotel, I do apologize that our on-going deep clean method did not meet your needs.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Lake Forest, Illinois
Reviewed August 12, 2012

After driving through the late night, I needed a place to get a few hours of sleep and a shower. When the highway signs said Super 8, and the hotel looked okay on the outside, I was sold.

A few weird things: there's a phone booth-sized after-hours lobby where I checked in, where I was separated from the manager with bulletproof glass. It didn't really give me the best impression of the hotel or the neighborhood. The internet was password-protected, but the password wasn't in the room or on the keycard - I called the front desk several times to get the code because my computer kept forgetting it.

Bed was comfortable, but the room was a bit tired. I realize it isn't a five-star hotel, nor was I paying for one, but the vanity sink was cracked, the bathroom door was stained and didn't close well, and the shower had very little pressure.

The hotel has a free breakfast, but I did not get to partake. The two managers that I met, during the overnight and morning shifts, were top-notch. While I wasn't extremely disappointed with the hotel; if I need to stop in Little Rock again, I'll probably give somewhere else a try.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your response. We strive to meet our guest expectations and greatly appreciate your review. We take every response and adjust accommodations to meet guest expectations. With that said, your review will be considered and proper action will be taken. I hope in the future you give us a chance to serve you once again.
Dallas
Reviewed July 26, 2012

My husband and I were passing through in our rig when we experienced a breakdown. After many hours in the scorching heat with our two great dane puppies waiting for a wrecker service we decided to get a hotel. After calling around we stumbled on Super 8 in North Little Rock. We recieved a very friendly and warm welcome from Collette at the front desk. She not only made us feel welcome but our furry kids as well, despite their size. The room was very clean and even came with extra ammenities like a microwave and refridgerator. Overall, after a bad start to our day it ended on a better note.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank JennPaulandKids
mraman, Manager at Super 8 Little Rock/North/Airport, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Thank you for your kind words. I am glad that someone was able to come rescue you from the heat, and it's even better to know that it was us. We offer shuttle service to many locations within the area, and it is our goal to provide clean and friendly service. I am very proud of my staff, and it brings me great joy to know that Collette was able to turn your day around. I will be sure to pass this message along. If you, your husband, and your two furry kids are ever in the area we would love to see you again. With that said, I hope you are staying cool this summer.
Winter Garden, Florida, United States
Reviewed April 22, 2012

First impression on opening the door was a clean smell, and I said, "This room has everything: TV, microwave, refrigerator, coffee, hair dryer & ironing board. We came in late, 2am, but the mgr on duty was cheerful and polite. Got a good rate.
Room was quiet. No complaints at all. Waffle House is right next door, and there's steps up to their parking lot for guests to use. We have a Service Dog, but he was never any issue. Top score.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Lisa L
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve your travel needs. It is our pleasure to be able to provide the amenities that a guest may require when they are on the road. Pets and service animals are accepted with great care and love, at our facility. I will be sure to let the manager on duty know that his cheerful personality stood out. If you are ever in the area again, we hope to see you.
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed December 4, 2011

Clean rooms, lots of choices for breakfast, won't break the bank. We liked it.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
I am very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We recently upgraded our breakfast and have been fascinated by the compliments. Our goal is to provide a clean and comfortable stay for our guest. Thank you for giving us the pleasure of serving you. We hope to see you again soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 11, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this property on our way to Dallas. The lady that checked us in was very friendly and aware of the area. The room was clean and just what we needed for the night. It also had a microwave, refrigerator, and a long list of channels for television. The property is right of the interstate, you can't miss it. We opted for a room in their back building, it was very quiet! My husband likes to take runs in the morning, and they have their own street which was very convenient for him. Overall, I recommend this place! Thank you Collette for your hospitality!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JudithRice
mraman, Manager at Super 8 Little Rock/North/Airport, responded to this review, June 4, 2011
Thank you very much for your kind words about our hotel. It is great to know that our effort was appreciated and effective. We, Super 8 LIT/North/Airport, value your comments as it helps us to better serve our guests in the future. Be assured that your comments will be passed on to appropriate team members.

If you are traveling through Little Rock again, we hope that you give us the chance to accommodate you once more. From the staff at Super 8 LIT/North/Airport we thank you for taking the time and sharing your comments.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed February 26, 2009

Seriously this place is filthy & very sketchy. Just didn't seem safe at all - can't even enter the lobby area at night. This obviously was a different motel before becoming a Super 8. The room decor is from the 70s - very old & dirty. Our bathroom had dirt & mold on the back of the door, in the shower & around the toilet. The front door didn't even have a dead bolt or the typical gold latch to make sure we didn't have unwanted visitors. This was our first time in Little Rock & we will NEVER stay at this motel again I don't care if it's free.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
mraman, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Little Rock/North/Airport, responded to this review, January 20, 2015
Thanks you for choosing the Super 8 in North Little Rock Arkansas,
Where we have free WIFI and SuperStar Breakfast with our Simply Super Cinnamon Rolls. We have an outdoor pool and also have multiple restaurants and convenient stores in the area. We also have Parking for moving trucks, trailers and RV’s,. We are just minutes away from the Bill & Hilary Clinton Airport and Library, as well as Downtown Little Rock/North Little Rock where the Verizon area is located

Thank you for your feed back, we apologize for any challenges. Our goal is 100% guest satisfaction and we take your comments very seriously. We regret that your stay did not meet your expectations.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Little Rock
Fairfield Inn Little Rock North
Fairfield Inn Little Rock North
#8 of 28 in North Little Rock
Candlewood Suites North Little Rock
Candlewood Suites North Little R...
#3 of 28 in North Little Rock

Been to Super 8 Little Rock/North/Airport? Share your experiences!