“Empress stay 4/12/14”

The Empress of Little Rock
Ranked #1 of 10 Little Rock B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Amazing facility and stay. Every room was detailed and amazing. They even upgraded us to one of the nicest suites we have ever stayed in. Appreciate their attention to details on everything down to the perfect breakfast. Staying over on a Sunday basically had the place to ourselves so could relax on the porch and go in and out without disturbing anyone. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I didnt see a bad room there.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Rusty A
There are newer reviews for The Empress of Little Rock

Reviewed April 9, 2014

Exquisite Victorian house with 5 star breakfast, service and amenities. A very impressive restoration of the house and lovely antiques everywhere. Our room (Petite jean) was spacious with comfy bed. Loved the complimentary amaretto and the luxurious bath robe. We appreciated the coffee bar upstairs so that as early risers we could have coffee prior to breakfast. We also took advantages of the complimentary snacks. Loved the veranda which encircles the porch - a lovely place to sip a glass of the amaretto. Our hosts were attentive and seemed to genuinely care about our experience. Favorite breakfast entree is difficult to say...but the peach soup de jour was an especially delicious delight. One of our best B&B experiences.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Daleen M
Reviewed April 4, 2014

I have stayed at the Empress several times in my cross country travels and it has never disappointed. It was very comforting to stay there as a single female, and great returning as part of a couple. On one stop, we even had the whole house to ourselves!
I love the breakfasts by candlelight - last time they served warm peach soup as a first course! I also love the little gift area, and always buy something. The restaurants they recommended were top notch too. We Yankees never knew that Little Rock was so much fun - especially the nightlife!

1  Thank Virginia D
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Sometimes you can pinpoint the exact moment that a good day turns into a great one. For my Love and I, it was the moment we checked into the Empress.

Lisa showed us to our room (The Majestic) and walked us through the instructions for the excellent bath amenities. I do suggest that you be sure you have a firm handle on how to work the steam and wall jet shower because we were confounded by it later that evening when it came time to shower.

The room was immaculate, the bed comfortable, the atmosphere intimate and glamorous. We opted for breakfast in bed and were not disappointed by the service or the quality of the food.

If you stay, be sure to search out the hidden room. It is the perfect place to have a drink and play a hand of cards out of sight.

Room Tip: Spring for the luxury bath rooms if you are going to be looking for relaxation time.
1  Thank Rshugo
Reviewed March 29, 2014

The Empress of Little Rock was the most beautiful, awe-inspiring place I have ever stayed at. Over the course of my lifetime, I have stayed at several 5-star hotels, but they pale in comparison. It was the first place I have ever stayed at that felt alive to me—like it wanted to interact with us.

On our bedside table were journal entries written by other guests who had stayed at The Empress, sharing their own wonderful experiences. I wish I had had more time to read every single one of those.

It was the first place that I did not just consider a place to crash at after a long day exploring the city. It was a place that I wanted to take in. I did not want to go to sleep at night so I could have more time to enjoy its’ beauty. There was so much to see—this building was overflowing with heartwarming secrets.

If there is one thing we could have done differently, it would have been to stay in and take in the beauty of The Empress while we still had time, because two nights was not enough for us. I was nearly in tears when it was time for check-out.

We will definitely be back in the near future. It left a lasting, positive impression on both of our hearts. It has been over two weeks since we left, and the awe that it left us with has not dissipated. We still talk about it every day.

Service was fantastic. Our breakfasts were so refreshing, filling and delicious. Our room was beautiful and had we were met with complimentary sparkling wine, chocolates, and amaretto for our sipping pleasure.

I highly recommend The Empress to everyone, and the room we stayed in, the Washburn-Welch, is my new cover picture on Facebook! The picture on The Empress’ site, though beautiful, does not do it justice. It has to be experienced in person.

It was my first time in Arkansas, and of the 24 states I have explored thus far, Arkansas has been my favorite all thanks to the experience I had during my too-short stay at The Empress. Thank you so much, Bob, Sharon, and Lisa.

3  Thank hgirl672
DowntownDame, Owner at The Empress of Little Rock, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

In my wildest dreams, I don't think I could have ever believed we could live up to such an amazing description as the one you have given of your stay. Thank you for sharing it. It absolute made our day, week, month, and maybe the year!!
Best Wishes,
Sharon, also for Bob & Lisa

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Lisa, et al, the Empress of Little Rock Grand High Tea last week was incredible. My friends and I had the best time and you were the perfect hostess, cook, server and tour guide. The beautiful table and place settings, dining room and home were inviting, wonderfully restored and memorable to each of us. When you served our plates, each of us were smiling and delighted with the food and presentation. My favorite (everything was delicious) was the yummy scone with lemon curd with our hot tea.

Our birthday girl (and the rest of us) loved the pretty birthday cake you provided. Thank you for adding the cake to your menu.

Most of us showed up wearing hats for the occasion and fit right in at the beautiful Empress of Little Rock. Thank you for making our day very special. (My friends took the pictures or I would add one.)

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Nan E

Thanks so much for coming and let us share a piece of our dream with you and your wonderful friends. Our dream was to share the amazing wonders of Arkansas with people all over the nation and the world, because it is so under appreciated. Thanks to wonderful guests like you who were kind enought to let us know we, at least in this instance, hit the mark. We are humbled by your praise. Best wishes to you all, and we hope to have an opportunity to share with you again in the very near future!
Sharon

Reviewed March 23, 2014

My husband and I stayed at The Empress for our 5th wedding anniversary and had a wonderful time! We had champagne and chocolate in our room upon arrival. Bob, Sharon, and Deborah are genuinely so kind and hospitable. They really made our time there feel special.

• Stayed: March 2014