“50th Birthday Surprise”

Candlewood Suites
Ranked #44 of 63 Hotels in Little Rock
“50th Birthday Surprise”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I booked a reservation at this hotel for my mom's 50th Birthday getaway. I went to view the sizes of the rooms and the district manager informed me that they had one and two bedroom suites. She showed me the one bedroom. Itv was absolutely immaculate. It was set up like an apartment & the perfect size for my mom and a few friends to gather together. The manager even allowed me to rent the one bedroom for the price of a king size suite. The room had a full refrigerator and stove. And the customer service of the individuals that work there were remarkable and friendly. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Misstlj

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Springdale, Arkansas
Reviewed January 19, 2014

My company booked this hotel for me, so I had no idea what to expect. Fortunately, I wasn’t disappointed. It was conveniently located; right off the highway. The exterior didn’t look too promising, and the cramped lobby didn’t offer much reprieve, but it was clean and the staff was very friendly. The spacious rooms more than made up for any trepidation I had; with an excellent workspace, free wireless Wi-Fi, a working kitchen with full-sized appliances (and courtesy popcorn!), a comfortable king-sized bed, and two flat-screen televisions. The bathroom was perfect, and even offered name-brand shampoos instead of the generic junk one usually finds. Additionally, the heavy towels were heavenly, and I must admit it was the first time I was ever tempted to swipe one from a hotel (I didn’t, Hotel Owner… but I would be lying if I said I didn’t entertain the thought!). I didn’t have time to use it, but there was a nice workout area downstairs with weight machines, elliptical machines, and treadmills. The only real issue during my stay was that there was no continental breakfast available; which meant the next morning I had to get out earlier than I would have liked in order to go hunt down something to eat. I really would have preferred to lounge in my comfortable room. However, I suppose I could have prepared better by buying some groceries the day before. Oh well. Overall, I would stay here again and be quite content to. And if the management wants to comp me a towel, I wouldn’t pass it up. Just sayin’.

Room Tip: The rooms on the south and west face the highways. If traffic noise lulls you to sleep, stay there...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank BlackCat307
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed October 30, 2013

This was my first experience with Candlewood Hotels. The price was great and the location was prime. The overall stay was 2 thumbs up! April at the front desk was gorgeous! ...... I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Chuck1175
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I should have left the first day when I killed a roach in the bathroom. The next few days there were a few more running around. I told the front desk a they said there shouldn't be any and tried to move me. I wanted out but my company was paying. Had to stay one extra night and then I was able to get my company to get me out. I mentioned there was roach traps under bathroom n kitchen sinks to front desk n they told me its precautionary. Today I read Google reviews on that place and at least two other people mentioned roaches. I'm just here to warn others.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank hellopeepz
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear hellopeepz,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you have experienced and for the cleanliness of the room that did not meet your expectations. Rest assured that the issues you have raised has been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions.

We greatly appreciate your feedback as this gives us the avenue to improve on our guest satisfaction and I hope that you will consider us again on your next travel.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Woodland, California
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Had a great extended stay experience with Candlewood Suites Little Rock

Booking:
I went to a website called www.extendedstayer.com to get hotels to bid on my extended stays in Little Rock. Candlewood Suites came up with a rate of 47/night for 20 nights for a King Studio and I booked it.

Check In:
Check in was effortless. The hotel was as advertise. The staff was super fast and very friendly.

Hotel/Room/Overal:

Hotel was priced perfectly. I only received room service twice a week. The kitchen came fully stocked with everything I needed. The bedding seemed to be new and was very plush. The LCD in the room was good to watch my Blue Rays. There's a market place in the lobby that runs on the honor system. Pretty much everything I needed for a good long stay at a hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank rpp25
Oklahoma City
Reviewed September 9, 2013

The hotel, from outside, has a nice appearance. Easy to get to and in a good location just off West Markham and Interstate 540. The reception area is tiny. There is a small room with things one might like to cook, like frozen dinners, soups, etc; there is also a freezer containing ice creams and a refrigerator with yoghurt, soft drinks, etc. The staff was friendly, but while we were checking in, the lady doing the work took a phone call from a friend. I hate that!
Our room was on the first floor. It had two beds and was clean. However, the overstuffed chair was missing pieces of vinyl from the arms. It was impossible to get the temperature regulated. The unit ran all night and never got the room below 73 degrees. There was an elephant in the room above us; you could hear it moving all night. We didn't get much sleep; too hot, too noisy.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel; I'd suggest the Springhill Suites, which is a block north. Or maybe the...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Howard J
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear BudBiel,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and thank you for staying with us. It is very nice to know that you have noticed the cleanliness of the room. On the other hand, please accept my sincerest apologies for the air conditioning and some other issues you have experienced. I understand the discomfort this caused you. Rest assured that this matter will be looked into. Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Mansfield, Louisiana
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Great overnight stay...I booked a King 1 bedroom suite, very clean and spacious, had everything I needed for the night. Hotel was very quiet, and in a decent neighborhood. Han at the Front Desk was awesome, and very acommodating. I will stay here the time I am in Little Rock!!!

Room Tip: I would choose the 1 bedroom king suite, plenty of room!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo