The room was wonderful. It was clean and spacious. Bring your own pillows if you are picky like we are. Check in was fast and the front desk clerk was great. He was friendly and efficient. The little market has soda for 50 cents each, which is a buy! The location is convenient with several restaurants nearby.
We only had one problem during our stay. This hotel is advertised as dog friendly. They require that you sign a pet agreement, which seems reasonable. You must walk your dog in through the back door which also seems reasonable but inconvenient. When walking the dog you must go to a very very small pet area. However, the hotel did supply bags which was very convenient. When we checked out we were in a bit of a hurry to get to an appointment. The front desk clerk (not the same guy that checked us in) asked that I remain at the desk until he inspected our room for dog damage. This has NEVER happened in any other chain I have stayed in and for a dog lover it is a bit disconcerting. The clerk came out of the room and asked if my dog had been sitting in the recliner. I told him no, that my husband was the only one in the recliner. The clerk said that he had "looked at the chair the day before and had committed it to memory" and that now there were more spots on it. I was a bit irritated and it showed, and the clerk said, "Sorry, I did not mean to insult you." I told him my dog is better behaved than most people and that what he saw was existing damage. Just be aware that when you check in you should insist the clerk inspect the room with you and initial the pet agreement. Then accompany the clerk back into the room when you check out. We were so excited that we thought we had a new hotel to stay in every time we visit Little Rock, but we are not so sure now. The clerk failed to understand that for some people, like us, our dogs are well behaved children. I think the hotel needs to train this guy! I know that some pet owners are not responsible, but to assume we are all like that is insulting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Candlewood Suites West Little Rock, we put the amenities where they really count: in your room. Big, built for comfort or an extended stay. It's the ultimate suite hotel for the business traveler. Each suite has a full kitchen complete with microwave and full size refrigerator. Work efficiently at your over sized executive desk with two separate phone lines - check email and talk on the phone at the same time. Relax in the overstuffed recliner while you enjoy the DVD/CD player. Borrow your favorites from our free DVD library. Work off some stress in our fitness center. Visit our Candlewood Cupboard were you can purchase meals, snacks and sundry items at value prices. Pet are welcome; one pet limit per suite with a non-refundable fee of $75 for 1 to 7 days, $150 for 7 plus days. Pet weight cannot exceed 60 lbs. Pet policy must be signed at check-in. Call hotel for copy of pet policy. Room cleaning is provided once every 7 days. The maximum # of people allowed (including children) in a room is 2 in a room with 1 bed and 4 in a room with 2 beds. The front desk is open 24 hours. Guest room packages available. Call for details. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotwire, Odigeo, Priceline, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Candlewood Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Hotel Little Rock
- Candlewood Suites Little Rock
- Candlewood Little Rock
- Little Rock Candlewood Suites