“I liked it.”

William J. Clinton Presidential Library
Ranked #2 of 91 things to do in Little Rock
More attraction details
Owner description: The William J. Clinton Presidential Center and Park, located on the banks of the Arkansas River in Little Rock, Arkansas, attracts hundreds of thousands of visitors from around the world to its grounds each year. Opened in 2004, the Center is home to the Little Rock offices of the Clinton Foundation, the William J. Clinton Presidential Library and Museum, and the University of Arkansas Clinton School of Public Service.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Salt Lake City, Utah
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“I liked it.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

Clinton is one of my favorite presidents (let the judgement begin), so I was very excited to see this library. I thought it was neat. The exhibits were very thorough and interesting, and I don't feel like a lot was left out. The staff were very kind and helpful. I thought the layout was a little funky, but I had a great time nonetheless.
Like a previous reviewer stated, you do need a bit of an attention span to get a lot out of it. There is A LOT of reading, but that doesn't mean that kiddos won't get anything out of it. I would plan to spend a couple hours here.
Parking and entry were easy and straightforward, I would recommend taking the shuttle to the store. I opted to drive myself since I had a plane to catch, and I found the parking at the store lacking. It is really odd to me that the store is offsite, doesn't seem to make much sense.

Overall, I liked it a lot and would go back to see what I missed (I didn't have the patience to read everything, I'm a skimmer).

Visited March 2013

• Greek first
Fayetteville, Arkansas
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“LOVED it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

I will preface with the fact that I grew up in Boston not far from the JFK library which is arguably one of the best presidential libraries. Without question, the Clinton Library rivals it.

If you like history (and regardless of your political persuasion) and have a decent attention span, the detailed timeline that the museum creates was mesmerizing.

The exact replica of the Oval Office was also a really cool surprise and was very well done.

My favorite part, however, is a large exhibit that has dozens of handwritten letters to and from Bill and Hillary from some of the most famous people on earth from movie stars to politicians. I spent almost an hour reading every single one of them.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank James D
Rancho Santa Margarita, California
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Interesting place to experience history”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

We were here Sun., Feb. 16. The Library is easy to navigate with the exhibits on the 2nd and 3rd floors. The guides/docents are excellent and were able to answer my questions. I was disappointed in the special exhibit Spies, Traitors & Saboteurs but I did like the special exhibit on Presidential pets - it is very interesting and I saw many kids interested in the photos and objects on display. The café was closed so I can’t comment on it. The gift store is located off-site (closer to downtown) but they have free shuttles. We walked to the Library from the Hampton Inn on River Market Avenue and spent 3 hours touring and were worn out - there is a lot to see with descriptions.

1 Thank C W B
Louisville, Kentucky
167 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 210 helpful votes
“I'm sorry but I expected a lot more given the location, history and how recent his presidency was”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

I have been to over 8 Presidential Museums, Sites, Libraries or Landmarks. The Ronald Reagan, Truman and Kennedy are better. Clinton barely better than Nixon's. Perhaps, the restricted space and configuration of the building impacted the set up? I'm thinking this site was not carefully planned and done as go? I expected so much more. I will agree as others stated a lot of unique and known things were left out. If Reagan Museum talks about Iran-Contra and Nixon talks about Watergate at their museums why can't Clinton Museum talk about Rwanda and Lewinsky and other things? The Shuttle to the Store/Restaurants was nice. WARNING: The Clinton Museum Restaurant is not open on the weekends! This should not be in your top five things to see and do but maybe in your top ten things to see and do. I would say no more than 2 hours max if you are a speed reader and into US History and Politics you could do this in 1 Hour and 15 Minutes.

1 Thank jdreynoldsjr
San Francisco, California
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“Interesting displays”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

This is a very well done museum that shows Clinton's accomplishments as President. It also chronicles the history of those eight years in an interactive and engaging manner