“Excellent”

Courtyard Little Rock Downtown
Ranked #18 of 65 Hotels in Little Rock
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

The room was clean and comfortable. The restaurant was excellent. Staff was superb. Highly recommend this hotel when visiting Little Rock. In addition the shuttle driver took me to my business meeting although it wasn't on his usual shuttle route.

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Family stayed here for a wedding - we had several rooms and were very pleased with the facility - the staff were great - helpful and accommodating - Wi-Fi was OK but slowed a lot during peak periods - clean property - nice breakfast with attentive staff - was disappointed that the bar closed at 10 on Friday night due to lack of activity since we came in from the rehearsal dinner ready to socialize with a few adult beverages around 10:30 - would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Chris R, Manager at Courtyard Little Rock Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Thank you for your compliments about our hotel and staff. We enjoyed hosting your wedding party here and hope you will return to visit in the future!

Reviewed June 11, 2013

A friend and I planned a trip to the Clinton Presidential Centre in Little Rock, then on to other parks of Arkansas. The two properties at which I wanted to stay were booked so I took a shot at this property. It is ideally situated to the Clinton Centre, on the same street, just a short walk away. As it turns out, this property is also on the east edge of the rejuvinated Little Rock river front, know as River Market.

Our arrival looked a bit bleak, as there is very little space in which to park and unload. (This is not the hotels fault, it has to do with the narrow steets on the riverf ront.) Our concers were soon dispelled. The lobby was modern,yet warm and welcoming. Check-in was a breeze. The reception staff was top-shelf. Warm, friendly (almost perky), knowledgable, and professional. (This was true of the staff throughout the stay: reception, bar, and restaurant.

The rooms were appointed as one would expect for a Marriott. The failing of the room, if it is that, was that both queen beds were soft and mushy. We could not find the TV remote. A simple call to the front desk and one arrived within 5 minutes: one cannot argue with that response.

The only negative of the stay (other than the soft bed) was that there was an undisclosed $8.00 parking fee. At check-in I was asked if I would be parking a car, to which I replied, yes. I was given the parking pass: no mention was made of fee (nor did I inquire). The charge was on the bill at check-out. I have no problem with $8.00 to park at a downtown hotel. I do have a problem of not being told in advance of charges.

Overall, staff, service and location make this a property one I would definately stay at again and recomend it for anyone who likes nightlife or is visiting the Clinton Centre.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank denniskeith

Thank you for your recent stay with the Courtyard by Marriott Downtown Little Rock and for your kind comments. Please accept my apology for the surprise on your bill connected with parking. It is never our goal to not be informative when it comes to a charge and I have spoken with our staff to ensure this oversight is not repeated in the future. I am thrilled you found our location convenient and comfortable and welcome you back anytime you are in the area again!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

The Courtyard is very nice! The lobby has a lot of unique art, which adds warmth, & makes it more inviting. The room was very clean, spacious. Our view, in particular, wasn't very good, but if you're on the street, you'd have an awesome view. There is a great breakfast buffet. Pretty good food, decent selection. The hotel is in very close proximity to the river, the stores nearby, as well as the Bill Clinton Library. The library is a must see for history buffs, & non buffs alike. Good choice!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Chris R, Manager at Courtyard Little Rock Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

Thank you for your compliments surrounding your stay here at the Courtyard by Marriott in Downtown Little Rock. It is our pleasure to serve you and we appreciate your business. I am sorry you didn't have a great view. If returning to Little Rock, please let me know so I can correct this and get you in a room with a view of President Clinton Avenue or looking towards the Clinton Library. My goal is to not only have you return but to make your visit with us perfect! Thank you again!

Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

Loved the downtown location and $109.00 for a king room I thought was really fair!!! The check in was super fast. I'd read reviews about wall paper peeling etc.. I did see a little bit of this in our bathroom but it was just loose wallpaper no mold etc. the whole room was very clean!! No stains anywhere, bed and pillows super comfy. 5-6 pillows on our king bed. Parking was in the parking garage directly behind the hotel but the walk between them I thought was pretty with greenery, I thought it was kinda cool. The parking garage charges $10 a day but if your staying at the hotel it's $8 a day. Would def. stay here again!!

• Stayed: May 2013

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review! The best compliment a hotel can ever receive is for a guest to look forward to returning for another visit. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again and hope to exceed your expectations even further on your next trip to Little Rock! Thank you once again for your kindness!

Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Great Place to stay! Perfect location for walking around downtown and Riverfront. Staff was very nice and friendly. Hotel was clean and room service was good. Great views overlooking downtown area. Stayed here for Riverfest on was the ideal spot.

• Stayed: May 2013

Thank you for such kind comments about your stay! On behalf of the entire staff of the Courtyard by Marriott in Downtown Little Rock, we appreciate your business and are pleased to know that you had a very pleasant experience. Our goal is to not only make you comfortable while you are visiting, but also make you want to visit again. Thank you once again!

Reviewed May 2, 2013

This hotel is in the heart of the tourist action! Everything was in walking distance. The price was great and the room was huge! The parking is accessible form the parking garage in the rear (with walkway and elevator to the hotel) and the price was competitive. Free wired internet. Over-all great experience, highly recommend.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank MICHELLE M
Chris R, Manager at Courtyard Little Rock Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

I have shared your compliments with our entire staff and cannot thank you enough. You are most gracious and it is our honor to welcome you to our hotel and our city. Please let me know if you ever need anything during your stay and I will do my best to assist. If you are in the area again I would welcome the opportunity meet you face to face to say hello. Thank you again for your kindness!