“Great location” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 63 Hotels in Little Rock
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stay at this Hotel for business when i visit Little Rock. It is in a great location with easy access to the highways. There are plenty of restaurants and bars within walking distance. Parking is conveniently located behind the hotel in a garage. Daily rate is about $8. The management is always welcoming and friendly. The lobby is still old style but I hear there are plans to update to the "new" look. The rooms are what you expect from a Courtyard...very roomy and easy to work in. The workout out room is pretty basic..not a lot of equipment but enough to keep up your routine.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kristopher L
Chris R, Manager at Courtyard Little Rock Downtown, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott in downtown Little Rock. We are very appreciative for your business and cannot thank you enough for your loyalty to Marriott as well as our hotel. Our goal is to provide our guests with a problem-free, relaxing visit, whether you are here for business or pleasure. Please do not hesitate to let me know if there is anything we can do to enhance your experience with us on your next visit to Little Rock.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

I stayed here for the Little Rock Marathon in March 2013. The hotel was only steps from the starting line, so awesome! Also within walking distance of the expo and restuarants. The entire stay is exactly what I need when I travel for a race, simple and hassle free. Check in was quick and easy with the staff super friendly. The room was clean and everything where it should be. After the race the staff greeted runners as they returned. Can honestly say I had no issues through the entire experience. Perks, for me, included an in room fridge and a very well stocked pantry. I'm pretty picky about what I eat, so having healthier choices was a treat.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you kindly for your comments and compliments surrounding your stay with us over Marathon weekend. As hoteliers, we look forward to Marathon weekend more than any other weekend. The excitement from our guests as well as being located right at the start line makes for a fantastic weekend. Thank you for adding to that excitement and we look forward to your return anytime. Thank you once again.
Solana Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

I'd never been to Little Rock, and this hotel was a great introduction. It's in a very cool location - right across from the Little Rock River Market. The hotel is decorated in a very artsy cool decor.

The room was set up in an interesting style - the bed faced the windows and so was sideways from your typical hotel room layout. However, I really loved it - it made the room feel very spacious, but also cozy, and the tv was set up on pull out stand so that you could manuveur it to watch in bed, or keep it on the desk and watch from the couch. There was a minifridge included in the room as well. Free WiFi - pretty fast and easy to access.

I arrived on Easter Sunday, so the staff was very minimal - it appears that Monday morning as I was leaving there was more staff and they were friendlier and more accommodating - so any complaints i had about the staff Sunday night should probably be attributed to the holiday.

Fitness room is small but functional - 2 ellipticals, 2 treadmills, free weights and a weight bench, and some medicine balls. Clean towels and water is provided, which is a nice touch. Indoor pool looked clean and inviting as well.

Parking was in a parking garage behind the hotel - I believe it cost $10.

All in all, a pleasant surprise for someone just passing through - I would definitely visit again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank FFD101
151ChrisR, Manager at Courtyard Little Rock Downtown, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
I am so happy that you chose to stay with us as you passed through Little Rock and that your experience here was pleasant. We are surrounded by incredible restaurants, fun local attractions, and beautiful scenery. I hope that we exceeded your expectations and will have the opportunity in the future to host you again. On behalf of the staff of the Courtyard by Marriott in beautiful downtown Little Rock, thank you and please come back to see us! Kindly, Chris Rule
Monticello, Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed on business. When I booked the room I was told that breakfast was included. When I got there I was told breakfast was extra. The hotel also decided to have a fire drill at ten am in the morning. On the second morning housekeeping ignored the do not disturb sign and entered our room at 9:30 in the morning. It was terrifying experience. All management offered when we complained was free parking.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mister H
151ChrisR, Manager at Courtyard Little Rock Downtown, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Mister H,

I want to first apologize for the inconveniences you experienced while staying here at the Courtyard by Marriott in downtown Little Rock. Our goal is never to disturb your rest or comfort, but to enhance tyour experience and provide you with a most hospitable stay. I regret that you didn't speak to me before you left as I would have appreciated your feedback immediately. Unfortunately someone gave you inaccurate information concerning breakfast when making your reservation with central reservations and I am regretful that happened. As for the fire alarm, I definitely understand your frustration. I was notified of the fire inspection prior and was guaranteed there would be no alarms until after noon. As we both know that isn't what occurred and I am so sorry we disturbed your rest. I also want to thank you for calling the issue with housekeeping to my attention. Often times I am not notified of such things and cannot address the issue. Rest assured I have addressed this with our housekeeping department to prevent this in the future.

Again, on behalf of myself and our entire staff, please accept my apologies for negatively affecting your stay with us. I cannot erase what has happened but can guarantee you better service in the future. If you are ever in our area again, please do not hesitate to contact me for arrangements. I would welcome the opportunity to attempt to correct the deficiencies you experienced. If I can be of assistance in any way I will certainly do my very best.

Kindly,
Chris Rule
Little Rock, Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

The hotel is in the River Market, making it a great location for the marathon, concerts or events. Validation is available for the parking deck. The bed was facing the window, which I was unsure I would like at first, but it grew on me. The view was of President Clinton Blvd, which was cool. There was a nice variety at breakfast and the bar looked fully stocked. There is also a little snack bar where items can be purchased. The issues were that the bathroom was not the cleanest. There was hair on the floor, toilet and in the shower. Also, the coffee urns were not full all morning in the lobby.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank shaunalynn250
Thank you for taking time to share your comments and compliments. I assure you I have addressed the negative issues you experienced in our hotel as well as celebrated the positive aspects. The biggest compliment we can receive is for our guests to return. I certainly hope you will return to visit again if in the area and allow us to serve you in true southern style! Kindly, Chris Rule
Warren, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Hotel has clean rooms, professional staff and very beautiful artfully decorated lobby. Large TV and comfortable bed made my business visit to the Little Rock a successful one. The multilevel parking is in the backside of the hotel as one can expect in downtown areas of the larger towns. It is far better than parking the car blocks away as I have done in many other downtown hotels. Will stay in the hotel again.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
On behalf of our entire staff, thank you for your kind comments and compliments! The next time you are in the area, please take a moment to stop by so I can thank you in person for being such a wonderful guest!

Kindly,
Chris Rule
Gaithersburg, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

I stayed twice in a two week period, each for three nights. The hotel and rooms were very clean each time. My only "problem" is parking, it is not cheap but it being downtown and very limited street parking, I do not expect much can be done about this. Many of very good restaurants in area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott in downtown Little Rock! We are honored you stayed with us on two occasions and certainly welcome you back anytime you are in town. Our goal is to provide you with service so accommodating and hospitable that you look forward to returning in the future. Thank you kindly! Chris Rule