“Good location but poorly managed”

Courtyard Little Rock Downtown
Ranked #16 of 63 Hotels in Little Rock
Monticello, Arkansas
“Good location but poorly managed”
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed on business. When I booked the room I was told that breakfast was included. When I got there I was told breakfast was extra. The hotel also decided to have a fire drill at ten am in the morning. On the second morning housekeeping ignored the do not disturb sign and entered our room at 9:30 in the morning. It was terrifying experience. All management offered when we complained was free parking.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Mister H
151ChrisR, Manager at Courtyard Little Rock Downtown, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Mister H,

I want to first apologize for the inconveniences you experienced while staying here at the Courtyard by Marriott in downtown Little Rock. Our goal is never to disturb your rest or comfort, but to enhance tyour experience and provide you with a most hospitable stay. I regret that you didn't speak to me before you left as I would have appreciated your feedback immediately. Unfortunately someone gave you inaccurate information concerning breakfast when making your reservation with central reservations and I am regretful that happened. As for the fire alarm, I definitely understand your frustration. I was notified of the fire inspection prior and was guaranteed there would be no alarms until after noon. As we both know that isn't what occurred and I am so sorry we disturbed your rest. I also want to thank you for calling the issue with housekeeping to my attention. Often times I am not notified of such things and cannot address the issue. Rest assured I have addressed this with our housekeeping department to prevent this in the future.

Again, on behalf of myself and our entire staff, please accept my apologies for negatively affecting your stay with us. I cannot erase what has happened but can guarantee you better service in the future. If you are ever in our area again, please do not hesitate to contact me for arrangements. I would welcome the opportunity to attempt to correct the deficiencies you experienced. If I can be of assistance in any way I will certainly do my very best.

Chris Rule

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed March 21, 2013

The hotel is in the River Market, making it a great location for the marathon, concerts or events. Validation is available for the parking deck. The bed was facing the window, which I was unsure I would like at first, but it grew on me. The view was of President Clinton Blvd, which was cool. There was a nice variety at breakfast and the bar looked fully stocked. There is also a little snack bar where items can be purchased. The issues were that the bathroom was not the cleanest. There was hair on the floor, toilet and in the shower. Also, the coffee urns were not full all morning in the lobby.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank shaunalynn250
151ChrisR, Manager at Courtyard Little Rock Downtown, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share your comments and compliments. I assure you I have addressed the negative issues you experienced in our hotel as well as celebrated the positive aspects. The biggest compliment we can receive is for our guests to return. I certainly hope you will return to visit again if in the area and allow us to serve you in true southern style! Kindly, Chris Rule
Warren, New Jersey
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Hotel has clean rooms, professional staff and very beautiful artfully decorated lobby. Large TV and comfortable bed made my business visit to the Little Rock a successful one. The multilevel parking is in the backside of the hotel as one can expect in downtown areas of the larger towns. It is far better than parking the car blocks away as I have done in many other downtown hotels. Will stay in the hotel again.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
On behalf of our entire staff, thank you for your kind comments and compliments! The next time you are in the area, please take a moment to stop by so I can thank you in person for being such a wonderful guest!

Gaithersburg, Maryland
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I stayed twice in a two week period, each for three nights. The hotel and rooms were very clean each time. My only "problem" is parking, it is not cheap but it being downtown and very limited street parking, I do not expect much can be done about this. Many of very good restaurants in area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott in downtown Little Rock! We are honored you stayed with us on two occasions and certainly welcome you back anytime you are in town. Our goal is to provide you with service so accommodating and hospitable that you look forward to returning in the future. Thank you kindly! Chris Rule
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Always stay at Marriotts, and this one lived up to Marriott reputation. Location is perfect for River Market and the Clinton Library. Only downside is the parking garage but it is right behind the hotel, and you don't need your car once you check in. Everything, restaurants, sites, and river are right on this street. Staff greeted us warmly and helped with any questions. Lobby has bar and seating area for meeting up with friends that were joining us. Room was very nice and quiet except for one night when kids were making noise out in the hallway which was easily fixed with an opening of our door and parental stare. We stayed two nites, dined next door and across the street, sat and walked along the river, saw the library and other museums. Also walked down to the Peabody and saw the ducks parade into the fountain in the lobby. The price was very reasonable about $109 a nite and the location cannot be beat.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Clinton Library.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for such a rave review of not only our hotel, but of downtown Little Rock. We enjoy meeting and greeting guests and having the opportunity to share our incredible city with others. I could not be happier that your experience here was stellar and hope you will return again as our guest. On behalf of the Courtyard by Marriott in beautiful downtown Little Rock, thank you for visiting. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again! Kindly, Chris Rule
Yukon, Oklahoma
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Let me start by saying that the people that work here (front desk) made it very clear that this was not really a Courtyard/Marriott to the lady checking in front of me. She was upset because he told her that the only parking they offer was in the public garage around the block. They have no one at the door telling you anything about parking, no valet (ever), no bellhop (ever) the same front desk guy told me the people that owned the hotel were to cheap to hire a valet staff or bellhop. Keep in mind there is basically no where to park to unload bags as it is downtown so you are really parking in the street. Now before you say anything we are talking about Little Rock, AR not some thriving metropolis that people fly in and out of everyday. I only saw one cab the entire 3 days we were there. The parking is not convenient at all but it is free as long as you have the white card that the machine spits out and the yellow card that the front desk gives you. If you fail this "test of skills" it cost you $9 to get out. According to parking attendant (evidently the parking business is tons better than the hotel business as it was dutifully staffed 24/7) "most hotel guest fail the first time but have the routine down by the last day." If you wanted a omelet at breakfast you had to get the waitstaff (1) to go in the kitchen to get the omelet chef. The food was pretty good and I had no complaints about the quality or selection at the buffet. We ordered room service (not kid friendly) and after the order was placed she asked "will that be cash or credit"???? Room service is off site and you have to either give them your CC over the phone or starve because if you say cash they just make you give a CC to confirm the order. Water in the shower goes from cold to warm to hot at anytime and not always in that order. All in all I would rate this place on a scale of 1 to 5 a 1.5 or maybe a weak 2 because the balcony was a great addition to the room. This BTW is one of the most expensive hotels in Downtown Little Rock. Be very carful if you prepay your room. I will not stay here again. Anytime a hotel uses its great location and good name to bring people in but does nothing beyond that to keep your business is not worth a 2nd shot from me.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
151ChrisR, Manager at Courtyard Little Rock Downtown, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Please accept my apologies for such a dissatisfactory stay at the Courtyard by Marriott in downtown Little Rock. I have attempted to contact you a couple of times to discuss the details of your stay but haven't been successful in reaching you. I assure you this is not taken lightly and appreciate your comments to further train employees and provide better service to our guests. I welcome the opportunity to attempt to correct the negative experience we provided to you. If I may be of assistance in any way, please do not hesitate to contact me at your convenience. I wish you only pleasant stays with Marriott in the future.

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I was in LR for several days, helping my daughter plan her upcoming wedding. (May 4) I love the location of the property. The wedding reception is at Heifer. The staff were very helpful and welcoming. As noted in other reviews, the rooms are a bit tired and outdated, which really isn't a concern to me. However, my room needed a good clean. I cleaned around the toilet as it was gross. There were cobwebs above the curtains and light switches/doors/walls were grubby. We've blocked several rooms for the wedding and I hope our guests have nice, clean rooms.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Kristen H, Manager at Courtyard Little Rock Downtown, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your wedding planning weekend! We appreciate your positive feedback and look forward to serving your family and friends that travel to Little Rock for your daughter's wedding. We are very sorry for the cleanliness issues you found in your bathroom, above the curtains, and on the walls. We are working closely with the housekeeping team to correct their form so details like this do not go unnoticed.
We thank you for the opportunity to serve you for your current and future guest room needs!