“My Little Rock Hotel”

Courtyard Little Rock Downtown
Ranked #14 of 64 Hotels in Little Rock
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Hotel has clean rooms, professional staff and very beautiful artfully decorated lobby. Large TV and comfortable bed made my business visit to the Little Rock a successful one. The multilevel parking is in the backside of the hotel as one can expect in downtown areas of the larger towns. It is far better than parking the car blocks away as I have done in many other downtown hotels. Will stay in the hotel again.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
151ChrisR, Manager at Courtyard Little Rock Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

On behalf of our entire staff, thank you for your kind comments and compliments! The next time you are in the area, please take a moment to stop by so I can thank you in person for being such a wonderful guest!

Kindly,
Chris Rule

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I stayed twice in a two week period, each for three nights. The hotel and rooms were very clean each time. My only "problem" is parking, it is not cheap but it being downtown and very limited street parking, I do not expect much can be done about this. Many of very good restaurants in area.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
151ChrisR, Manager at Courtyard Little Rock Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott in downtown Little Rock! We are honored you stayed with us on two occasions and certainly welcome you back anytime you are in town. Our goal is to provide you with service so accommodating and hospitable that you look forward to returning in the future. Thank you kindly! Chris Rule

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Always stay at Marriotts, and this one lived up to Marriott reputation. Location is perfect for River Market and the Clinton Library. Only downside is the parking garage but it is right behind the hotel, and you don't need your car once you check in. Everything, restaurants, sites, and river are right on this street. Staff greeted us warmly and helped with any questions. Lobby has bar and seating area for meeting up with friends that were joining us. Room was very nice and quiet except for one night when kids were making noise out in the hallway which was easily fixed with an opening of our door and parental stare. We stayed two nites, dined next door and across the street, sat and walked along the river, saw the library and other museums. Also walked down to the Peabody and saw the ducks parade into the fountain in the lobby. The price was very reasonable about $109 a nite and the location cannot be beat.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Clinton Library.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for such a rave review of not only our hotel, but of downtown Little Rock. We enjoy meeting and greeting guests and having the opportunity to share our incredible city with others. I could not be happier that your experience here was stellar and hope you will return again as our guest. On behalf of the Courtyard by Marriott in beautiful downtown Little Rock, thank you for visiting. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again! Kindly, Chris Rule

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Let me start by saying that the people that work here (front desk) made it very clear that this was not really a Courtyard/Marriott to the lady checking in front of me. She was upset because he told her that the only parking they offer was in the public garage around the block. They have no one at the door telling you anything about parking, no valet (ever), no bellhop (ever) the same front desk guy told me the people that owned the hotel were to cheap to hire a valet staff or bellhop. Keep in mind there is basically no where to park to unload bags as it is downtown so you are really parking in the street. Now before you say anything we are talking about Little Rock, AR not some thriving metropolis that people fly in and out of everyday. I only saw one cab the entire 3 days we were there. The parking is not convenient at all but it is free as long as you have the white card that the machine spits out and the yellow card that the front desk gives you. If you fail this "test of skills" it cost you $9 to get out. According to parking attendant (evidently the parking business is tons better than the hotel business as it was dutifully staffed 24/7) "most hotel guest fail the first time but have the routine down by the last day." If you wanted a omelet at breakfast you had to get the waitstaff (1) to go in the kitchen to get the omelet chef. The food was pretty good and I had no complaints about the quality or selection at the buffet. We ordered room service (not kid friendly) and after the order was placed she asked "will that be cash or credit"???? Room service is off site and you have to either give them your CC over the phone or starve because if you say cash they just make you give a CC to confirm the order. Water in the shower goes from cold to warm to hot at anytime and not always in that order. All in all I would rate this place on a scale of 1 to 5 a 1.5 or maybe a weak 2 because the balcony was a great addition to the room. This BTW is one of the most expensive hotels in Downtown Little Rock. Be very carful if you prepay your room. I will not stay here again. Anytime a hotel uses its great location and good name to bring people in but does nothing beyond that to keep your business is not worth a 2nd shot from me.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
151ChrisR, Manager at Courtyard Little Rock Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Please accept my apologies for such a dissatisfactory stay at the Courtyard by Marriott in downtown Little Rock. I have attempted to contact you a couple of times to discuss the details of your stay but haven't been successful in reaching you. I assure you this is not taken lightly and appreciate your comments to further train employees and provide better service to our guests. I welcome the opportunity to attempt to correct the negative experience we provided to you. If I may be of assistance in any way, please do not hesitate to contact me at your convenience. I wish you only pleasant stays with Marriott in the future.

Kindly,
Chris Rule

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I was in LR for several days, helping my daughter plan her upcoming wedding. (May 4) I love the location of the property. The wedding reception is at Heifer. The staff were very helpful and welcoming. As noted in other reviews, the rooms are a bit tired and outdated, which really isn't a concern to me. However, my room needed a good clean. I cleaned around the toilet as it was gross. There were cobwebs above the curtains and light switches/doors/walls were grubby. We've blocked several rooms for the wedding and I hope our guests have nice, clean rooms.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Kristen H, Manager at Courtyard Little Rock Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your wedding planning weekend! We appreciate your positive feedback and look forward to serving your family and friends that travel to Little Rock for your daughter's wedding. We are very sorry for the cleanliness issues you found in your bathroom, above the curtains, and on the walls. We are working closely with the housekeeping team to correct their form so details like this do not go unnoticed.
We thank you for the opportunity to serve you for your current and future guest room needs!

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Nice clean hotel in a great location. Within easy walking distance from good restaurants. You do have to park in a public parking garage behind the hotel. $8/day. Not bad for a downtown hotel. We would definitely stay again and recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott Downtown Little Rock, and thank you for your positive comments. We are glad our location fit your needs and provided entertainment within walking distance. We look forward to the opportunity to serve your during your next visit to Little Rock!

Reviewed March 6, 2013

In Little Rock for the marathon, my criteria for a hotel centered around two areas – proximity to the race and clean, quiet accommodation. The Courtyard delivered on both elements. The marathon started right outside the hotel lobby, so the location could not have been more convenient.

The room featured older generation Courtyard furnishings – blue carpet, yellow walls – and a few updated pieces, specifically the pull-out work station and a flat screen television. The room also had a sleeper sofa and a refrigerator which was handy to store beverages.

While the room was clean, the furnishings are starting to show wear and tear. The wood was chipped in several places. The lamp above the coffee bar was not working. The desk was dusty, and the headboard looked to have some type of grease stain. The latter was nothing a few sanitary wipes couldn’t fix, but it still exposes an aging room. I should note that the lamp was the exception rather than the rule. Everything else was fully operational.

The bathroom was also clean. Another positive was that the shower pressure was just right, and I could easily adjust the water temperature.

Outside of the room, the hallway was bitterly cold. It seemed like a cold front moved through the hallway but had yet to reach the guest rooms. On the positive side, it discouraged fellow guests from lingering near the elevator and my room.

Parking was $8 in a public parking garage adjacent to the hotel. There is an outdoor path to the garage but not an enclosed walkway. The hotel is walking distance to Little Rock’s main attractions – River Market district and the Clinton Presidential Library.

In summary, the the hotel delivered on the two aspects that mattered most – convenient location and clean room.

Pros: Downtown location, typical Courtyard rooms

Cons: Older generation furnishings starting to show wear and tear

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Kristen H, Manager at Courtyard Little Rock Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Thank you for choosing Courtyard Downtown Little Rock for your stay during the Little Rock Marathon. We are fortunate to have a location just steps from the starting line for the marathon and know how valuable that is for runners of the marathon. We are thrilled your needs were met at our property. We appreciate you feedback and understand there are features showing our hotel is approaching 9 years of operation. Although we are approaching our renovation (November can't come soon enough!), we have a duty to provide and maintain rooms to the best of our ability. Your feedback is valuable as I will share this information with the maintenance and housekeeping team and we can use it to improve our rooms. We hope for the opportunity to serve you next year during the Little Rock Marathon (and sooner, of course!), which will also be after our renovation! Again, thank you for your feedback and for choosing our property.