“Typical Courtyard in a Great Location (and other tips)”

Courtyard Little Rock Downtown
Ranked #17 of 64 Hotels in Little Rock
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Marriott in general does a pretty good job at supplying the traveler with what they need. This hotel didnt fall short. The staff was very professional, the rooms were clean and updated. I traveled with family so the fridge in the room was a nice touch. I found the room to be quiet which is great considering the proximity to downtown nightlife and highways. My girls loved the small indoor pool. The only complaint someone might have is the fact that you have to pay around $7 to park at the adjacent garage. Well worth the security in a downtown setting. Some also might not like the fact that the only mirror in the room was over the sink (tough on one wife and two daughters). The price was fair for the location and what you get. The true benefit to the room is the proximity to "stuff". The science museam, River Market, State House and tons of restaurants are in walking distance. A trolley ride for $1 can get you to the Clinton Library (it can be walked but its a hike for small ones).

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed June 15, 2012

I frequently come to Little Rock and I've been staying most of the hotels in the downtown region. This is the first time I decided to try Marriott Courtyard downtown, and I was somewhat disappointed. The room was kind of out of style and the wall papers were falling off. The bathroom stuff and towels are OK, but kind of cheap. For the amount of money you'll be paying, you'd be much better off staying Hampton Inn just a block away, and you don't have to pay the parking overnight. Given that I'm a Diamond member of Hilton Honors, my opinion might be biased, but I really think you will get a better deal there. My room is facing the street so it is very noisy at night. Oh... the AC unit ! They are the old clunky style that keep you awake in the middle of the night. I didn't see any digital thermostat so I'm not sure if it is indeed controllable.

Other than these, the room is clean and OK. Good luck.

Room Tip: Make sure that you get a room not facing the street.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Phill101
Reviewed June 14, 2012

We have stayed here in the past, this hotel is really slipping. Checked into a room that smelled like smoke- why didn't the maid and or supervisor catch this? No call from manager to thank us for our trouble. Day 2, maid didn't clean the room. Spoke to assistant manager about my stay and he apologized but was defensive on his great hotel- no offer to make it right with us- just assured me he had a great hotel! I am a lifetime gold member at Marriottt and have never been treated wifh such disregard. What happened to the customer is right? They have lost my business at this location.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Ralston7933
Reviewed May 30, 2012

We couldn't have designed a better experience for our first overnight experience at Riverfest. We chose this hotel because it was the closest to the activities (we knew we'd be tired of walking once we were ready to go back to our room and didn't want to have walk one step further than we had to). We happen to own a Marriott timeshare and of course are Marriott Reward members, so we've become accustomed to good service and amenities, but the staff at the hotel and restaurant went above and beyond to make us feel like honored guests. Btw, breakfast at the restaurant was as good as any "sit down" restaurant we've ever been to, and despite reviews commenting on unreasonable prices, we felt they were very reasonable, especially for the service and quality that we received. I'm sure the staff was exhausted after this very hectic weekend, but one would never have known that they weren't the only guests being served in interactions with them. This is definitely the way "to do" Riverfest,, and my only reservation about giving this hotel the highest recommendations is that I almost want to keep this gem to myself.

Room Tip: We were happy to see that our room was at the end of the hall (as far away from the elevator as poss...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 18, 2012

My first trip some young man about broke his arm rushing to open my door for me. It's been a treat ever since. It's exactly what you've come to expect from a Courtyard. Would definitely stay here again and again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 4, 2012

We were in town for business for two days and only stayed at this property one night. The room was nice and large, the bed slept well and while I had no use for it, there was a pullout sofa in the room. I did not have an opportunity to eat there, so I can't and won't speak to the food served there. However, the location is REALLY convenient, The River Market is literally steps away and there are a variety of eateries there coupled with several bars and resturants up and down this street named after President Clinton.
So if anything, you will sleep well, and oh...the staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 30, 2012

I probably would rate this a 3 star. We were in town for a dance competition at the Robinson Center Music Hall, so it was a very short ride from the Marriott. We did not eat at the Courtyard because we were on the go for our 2 day stay, so I can't say anything about the food. We arrived early on a Friday, around 1:00. Couldn't check in until 2:45 though; room wasn't ready. The room was clean and roomy. We got a senior rate so the price was good for a hotel downtown. You do have to pay $7.50 a day to park and the parking garage is just a short drive around the corner, but it has access by elevator to the walkway to the Marriott. I was a little disappointed in the shops around the downtown area. We ate at the Flying Fish and Juanita's Mexican Restaurant both a very short walk. I would recommend the Courtyard by Marriott to others.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family